Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help With Notes?
Redneb27 Offline

Threads: 4
Help With Notes?

I have put two notes into my map, but when I click them they're blank. In fact, my .lang file doesnt do anything to my game. I must have done something wrong in it. I thought I did it right but... apparently I didnt. Can someone take a look at it and tell me what I did wrong? I won't include my actual text unless I have to. Dont like to give out my ideas Smile.
NOTE: I put the random periods in it so it would show up here. Ignore those. They are not part of the problem.

<.LANGUAGE>
<.CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<.Entry Name="Description">Do you remember? </.Entry>
</.CATEGORY>

<.CATEGORY> Name="Journal">
<.Entry Name="Note_thenote_Name">My Title</.Entry>
<.Entry Name="Note_thenote_Text">My Text</.Entry>

<.CATEGORY> Name="Journal">
<.Entry Name="Note_notice_Name">My Title</.Entry>
<.Entry Name="Note_notice_Text">My Text</.Entry>
</.CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2012, 06:04 AM by Redneb27.)
07-19-2012, 05:57 AM
Find
palistov Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 67
RE: Help With Notes?

You duplicated the Journal category. Merge the 'notice' entries with the 'thenote' entries inside that first Journal category. Or vice versa. Also, I don't know if you included those end angle brackets after the CATEGORY tag, just like you did with the periods...but they don't belong.

07-19-2012, 06:53 AM
Find
Redneb27 Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Help With Notes?

(07-19-2012, 06:53 AM)palistov Wrote: You duplicated the Journal category. Merge the 'notice' entries with the 'thenote' entries inside that first Journal category. Or vice versa. Also, I don't know if you included those end angle brackets after the CATEGORY tag, just like you did with the periods...but they don't belong.
Thank You!
07-19-2012, 03:39 PM
Find