Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Slenderman Monster
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Slenderman Monster

You can't simply use another monsters animations for this, you're going to need a person capable of animating to create a new set of animations for it.
08-18-2012, 03:52 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17

(08-18-2012, 03:52 PM)Traggey Wrote: You can't simply use another monsters animations for this, you're going to need a person capable of animating to create a new set of animations for it.
Well how can i make him function as a monster without standing completely still. what i mean is stand in one position but move around chase and so on. I've tried changing its enemy type to Enemy_Grunt but then it chases the player right up until it reaches me then it stands there and wont move anymore. So i tried waterlurker and it attacks and follows me but is now invisible. Is there anyway i could change it so that the water lurkers mesh is no longer invisible or make it so that as an enemy it will still attack and chase without becoming stuck when reaching the player
08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

anyone?
08-20-2012, 09:13 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Stop bumping all these Slenderman threads, please. I think we've all had our fill of Slenderman in recent time, but if you MUST.

Keep it Enemy_Grunt. It needs an attack animation. It will freeze in place if no attack animation can be played.

Slenderman isn't even supposed to chase. He stalks until you're vulnerable. I honestly don't see how well this is going to turn out.
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 12:53 AM by Statyk.)
08-21-2012, 12:53 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

I'm not familiar with models (nor making them) but... doesn't every game (including Amnesia) have a polygon budget? if so what is it [for Amnesia]?

(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 01:21 AM by darkely.)
08-21-2012, 01:18 AM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(08-21-2012, 01:18 AM)darkely Wrote: I'm not familiar with models (nor making them) but... doesn't every game (including Amnesia) have a polygon budget? if so what is it [for Amnesia]?

I dont think A:TDD has a polygon budget since it was designed for in-door environments with corridors. A:AMFP might have polygon budget, though.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
08-21-2012, 01:34 AM
Website Find
candlejack131 Offline

(08-21-2012, 12:53 AM)Statyk Wrote: Stop bumping all these Slenderman threads, please. I think we've all had our fill of Slenderman in recent time, but if you MUST.

Keep it Enemy_Grunt. It needs an attack animation. It will freeze in place if no attack animation can be played.

Slenderman isn't even supposed to chase. He stalks until you're vulnerable. I honestly don't see how well this is going to turn out.
Then how can i make the water lurkers mesh appear in other words make that blue ball appear in its place
08-21-2012, 03:27 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Did I not just say to make it Enemy_Grunt? To make the lurker visible would require open source. Stop looking for the extraneous and make a blank attack animation. Hell. Use the walk animation as the attack if you don't want to put out the effort to make another animation. People need to start using the hypothetical formula on this forum. Open a grunt in the model editor, piece the thing together with yours, and experiment. Could someone learn something using common sense for once in this forum and not be spoon-fed every answer?
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2012, 04:07 AM by Statyk.)
08-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(08-21-2012, 04:05 AM)Statyk Wrote: Did I not just say to make it Enemy_Grunt? To make the lurker visible would require open source. Stop looking for the extraneous and make a blank attack animation. Hell. Use the walk animation as the attack if you don't want to put out the effort to make another animation. People need to start using the hypothetical formula on this forum. Open a grunt in the model editor, piece the thing together with yours, and experiment. Could someone learn something using common sense for once in this forum and not be spoon-fed every answer?
This is preciously why i keep bumping 1.because you tell me that i can "not" use another monsters animations for my monster 2. Then you tell me for example right here that you can import another mesh for a monster and use its animations 3. doesn't that contradict the first thing you said 4. My model has absolutely no bones at all when i got it the model was a static prop 5. So then is if i can use another monsters animations and such how do i do so up first traggey told me i could simply by opening up the servant_grunts ent file in the model editor and click import mesh then choose my mesh 6. surprise it crashed 7. i do not own open collada 3ds max or any of the tools necessary to animate its not that i don't want to i literally can't 8. so then what how do i create this monster without those programs that's why i came here because you are the community for my favorite game possibly ever created and yet you all babble at me as if I'm some kind of jerk or idiot for asking for help on the only community that understands how to do this. 8. my monster would not look like shit unanimated its the slenderman in sanatorium slenderman and slender the monsters never really moved from there stance 9. i could easily provide the model if any one wanted to animate it for themselves however it does need to be rescaled for he's a bit short i already fixed this but its not fixed in the download 10. I'm not trying to nag i am very dedicated to this doesn't most modding take dedication why would i go so far to let this die 11. no I'm not going to stop bumping this until i have it working completely and then i'm going to release it to any one who wants to use it i don't care how much of a noob they are as long as they acknowledge the original creator of this model (Muratarkin) its fine 12. it seems to me that you really want this to die why as a modder yourself you should strive and encourage other modders 13. it was originally enemy_grunt but again it gets stuck and i can not animate 14. I'm starting to ramble 15. You come here as if i annoy you or as if i am some great burden to you always causing you pain but really i'm here because this is the only communinty alive that knows how to do these things 16. spoon feeding me? YES this is a forum and once again the only community who understands these things thats why i need to be spoon fed because a simple google search and research online doesn't suffice or provide me with answers 17. I put these in numbers because this is meant to be more of reasons on all of this then me posting a sentence these are the defined facts and that's why i am posting this
08-21-2012, 08:11 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Wow that post is legitimately the size of a brick.

Posting Freak
08-21-2012, 08:40 AM
Website Find