Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lang file help and missing static objects/entities
candlejack131 Offline

Threads: 17
Lang file help and missing static objects/entities

I have a few problems that i would like assistants with. First of all my map i placed things like rugs and curtains and i loaded my level in game and they weren't their i am 100% certain that i saved the changes but their still not their. Also my extra_english.lang file doesnt work either so can any one tell me whats wrong with it
<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Ender">
<Entry Name="Description">You are Alexander Lovat and have been convicted for the murder of your wife Rosemary and son anderson. Convinced that your wife is still alive and that you were framed you go the barons castle in searched for evidence that the baron of endersburg scottland is responisble for the crimes and is keeping your wife hostage</Entry>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">

<Entry Name="Note_Test01_Name">To Baron of Endersburg</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Test01_Text">Dear baron Redrick Redwood. The homicidal convict Alexander Lovat has escaped the town prison and is beleived to be on his way to your Estate as we speek. Lock your doors and stay in your quarters until the guards arrive to assist you. Alexander is extremely dangerous and will attack you on sight. From your humble servant and warden of the EndersBurg prison Regenald</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

Help anyone please?
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 06:05 AM by candlejack131.)
07-31-2012, 05:52 AM
Find
Steve Offline

RE: Lang file help and missing static objects/entities

you forgot to end you CATEGORY "ender"
make it like this:

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Ender">
<Entry Name="Description">You are Alexander Lovat and have been convicted for the murder of your wife Rosemary and son anderson. Convinced that your wife is still alive and that you were framed you go the barons castle in searched for evidence that the baron of endersburg scottland is responisble for the crimes and is keeping your wife hostage</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Test01_Name">To Baron of Endersburg</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Test01_Text">Dear baron Redrick Redwood. The homicidal convict Alexander Lovat has escaped the town prison and is beleived to be on his way to your Estate as we speek. Lock your doors and stay in your quarters until the guards arrive to assist you. Alexander is extremely dangerous and will attack you on sight. From your humble servant and warden of the EndersBurg prison Regenald</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

CURRENTLY WORKING ON:
Final Light = 40%
Need of voice actors.
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 12:45 PM by Steve.)
07-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-31-2012, 12:44 PM)Steve Wrote: you forgot to end you CATEGORY "ender"
make it like this:

You are Alexander Lovat and have been convicted for the murder of your wife Rosemary and son anderson. Convinced that your wife is still alive and that you were framed you go the barons castle in searched for evidence that the baron of endersburg scottland is responisble for the crimes and is keeping your wife hostage

To Baron of Endersburg
Dear baron Redrick Redwood. The homicidal convict Alexander Lovat has escaped the town prison and is beleived to be on his way to your Estate as we speek. Lock your doors and stay in your quarters until the guards arrive to assist you. Alexander is extremely dangerous and will attack you on sight. From your humble servant and warden of the EndersBurg prison Regenald
Thanks Big Grin i'll test it right away

(07-31-2012, 12:44 PM)Steve Wrote: you forgot to end you CATEGORY "ender"
make it like this:

You are Alexander Lovat and have been convicted for the murder of your wife Rosemary and son anderson. Convinced that your wife is still alive and that you were framed you go the barons castle in searched for evidence that the baron of endersburg scottland is responisble for the crimes and is keeping your wife hostage

To Baron of Endersburg
Dear baron Redrick Redwood. The homicidal convict Alexander Lovat has escaped the town prison and is beleived to be on his way to your Estate as we speek. Lock your doors and stay in your quarters until the guards arrive to assist you. Alexander is extremely dangerous and will attack you on sight. From your humble servant and warden of the EndersBurg prison Regenald
Thanks the note worked but now the descriptions not working
(This post was last modified: 07-31-2012, 04:16 PM by candlejack131.)
07-31-2012, 04:10 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

Change the category name from "Ender" to "CustomStoryMain". For your description to show up, it has to have that specific category name.

I rate it 3 memes.
07-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-31-2012, 10:21 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: Change the category name from "Ender" to "CustomStoryMain". For your description to show up, it has to have that specific category name.
thank youuu :3
07-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Find
Kazakarumariou Away
An angry man.

Threads: 8

Do you happen to have any "map_cache" files stored in your maps folders? Rid of them.
This will probably fix the missing objects.
07-31-2012, 10:41 PM
Find
candlejack131 Offline

(07-31-2012, 10:41 PM)Harthex Wrote: Do you happen to have any "map_cache" files stored in your maps folders? Rid of them.
This will probably fix the missing objects.
Yea i did and i deleted it right away which fixed my issue so ye thanks to you as well
07-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Find