Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

[spoilers]Aaaargh why did you ruin your excellent game??!
Schwarze Pest Offline

Threads: 6
RE: [spoilers]Aaaargh why did you ruin your excellent game??!

I like the voice in the head of the player ^_^ It's not dusturbing or annoying.

<3 Horror Adventures
02-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Find
HiViH Offline

Threads: 6

I dont like that Clerance sound a bit like a warcraft goblin or something >_>
The skript should have been kinda the same, but I simply think that Clerance should have sounde more demanted, crazy and disturbed, maybe throwing away distrurbing.. ideas ? P:

02-18-2008, 04:23 PM
Website Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

HiViH Wrote:I dont like that Clerance sound a bit like a warcraft goblin or something >_>
The skript should have been kinda the same, but I simply think that Clerance should have sounde more demanted, crazy and disturbed, maybe throwing away distrurbing.. ideas ? P:
You want him to sound even more crazy? Is that actually possible?

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
02-18-2008, 05:23 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Yeah, his cartoonish voice did make me feel at home. I also thought that the dream/de'savu thing wasn't nessasary.
02-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Find
Sepai Offline

Threads: 10

funny enough i did not mind Clarence he added a bit of humor to the game 'aw he just wants a hug"

If he ruined the game for you thats a pity but he didn't do it to me i guess it just comes down to every one is different *shrugs*
02-20-2008, 04:38 AM
Find
Ben Gunn Offline

Threads: 2

Maybe I wouldnt mind it so much if it was better acted. No offence to anyone but it seems like many here are very young- Im 33 and when you have 30 years of watching TV, films and playing games you start to develope an ear and you can tell right away when something is phony, fake, cheesy. Clarence is acted in a cheesy way, he strains his voice to sound crazy, maybe youll hear it too when you get older.

Where I live (and I believe that everywhere in the western culture) it is considered immature to play video games. I dont give a shit about it but if Ill want to refute it by examples Ill go an tell them to play Overture. Something I cant do with BP- only beacuse of Clarence.
(This post was last modified: 02-20-2008, 01:04 PM by marko.)
02-20-2008, 01:02 PM
Find
pulsar85 Offline

Threads: 0

I liked Clarence but he is no Red. Overall i enjoyed black plague more than overture because there wasnt any real combat (oh how i hated the dogs in overture). Funny how a game with very few enemies can be so damn scary.
02-21-2008, 09:36 PM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

I'm 25, and found Clerance to be cheezy as well. he didn't ruin it, but I don't think he helped it much at all.
02-21-2008, 11:10 PM
Find