Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creating an Ending - HELP!
Slender Offline

Threads: 1
Creating an Ending - HELP!

Hi, I have now created my custom story and come to the place where you need to create an ending (credits or whatever) I'd be comming so far that I know that I would use an area for that, but what scripts should I be using for creating the ending/credits?

Help would be much appreciated Wink
08-02-2012, 02:23 PM
Find
Lizard Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Creating an Ending - HELP!

You have to make a category in your .lang file

And since you want to end it when entering an area you have to have this in your .hps file:

void OnStart
{
AddEntityCollideCallback("THE ENTITY COLLIDING WITH AREA", "Name OF AREA", FUNCTION TO CALL", true, 1);
}

void NameOfFunction(string &in asParent, string &in asChild, int alState)
{
StartCredits("Music Name", should loop/or not loop, "Category Name in .lang", "Entry Name in .lang", ending 1 2 or 3);
}

CURRENT PROJECT:
A Fathers Secret == Just started
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 03:03 PM by Lizard.)
08-02-2012, 02:56 PM
Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

Also worth noticing, the "ending 0, 1 and 2" are the secret codes under "The End" in the credits. I'd imagine you wouldn't want any of the codes to appear, so just type any number that isn't 0, 1 or 2.
Wiki: " Amnesia has 3 different endings and displays a code at the bottom. Determines which code is displayed. 0-2 will display codes, any other integer will not." So I would put 5 or something as the number in the StartCredits function.
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012, 04:39 PM by ApeCake.)
08-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Find
Seragath Offline

Instead of going to a new thread I'll just ask here aswell. Before it dies out.

Quote:StartCredits("Music Name", should loop/or not loop, "Category Name in .lang", "Entry Name in .lang", ending 1 2 or 3);

I'm guessing what you mean by this loop or not loop that it's if the music should loop or not. But some .ogg files do have a script besides them. There you have the possibility to make sounds loop aswell. Wouldn't this just confuse the file if put on true ? (If it is already looping) or doesn't it have to do anything with that at all ?

(08-02-2012, 04:38 PM)ApeCake Wrote: Also worth noticing, the "ending 0, 1 and 2" are the secret codes under "The End" in the credits. I'd imagine you wouldn't want any of the codes to appear, so just type any number that isn't 0, 1 or 2.
Wiki: " Amnesia has 3 different endings and displays a code at the bottom. Determines which code is displayed. 0-2 will display codes, any other integer will not." So I would put 5 or something as the number in the StartCredits function.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. What code exactly ? My curiosity flew sky high. Tongue

Thanks.

Seragath
08-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Find
Lizard Offline

Threads: 23

(08-03-2012, 10:22 AM)Seragath Wrote: Instead of going to a new thread I'll just ask here aswell. Before it dies out.

Quote:StartCredits("Music Name", should loop/or not loop, "Category Name in .lang", "Entry Name in .lang", ending 1 2 or 3);

I'm guessing what you mean by this loop or not loop that it's if the music should loop or not. But some .ogg files do have a script besides them. There you have the possibility to make sounds loop aswell. Wouldn't this just confuse the file if put on true ? (If it is already looping) or doesn't it have to do anything with that at all ?

I guess you can say that, but i normally i dont think about it, cuz i always puts false in that part anyway

CURRENT PROJECT:
A Fathers Secret == Just started
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2012, 12:00 PM by Lizard.)
08-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Find
ApeCake Offline

Threads: 20

(08-03-2012, 10:22 AM)Seragath Wrote: I'm not really sure what you mean by that. What code exactly ? My curiosity flew sky high. Tongue

Thanks.

Seragath

Whenever you complete the game, you get a code at the end. It is a different code for each ending.

[Image: JPNYB.png]
08-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Find
Slender Offline

Ok now I got the ending credits working, BUT when the credits starts up its just the regular credits from the original amnesia story, and not my own wrote credits, AND I dont think I have wrote my stuff in the .lang folder correctly because when I change it to "what in my logic kind of sense think is right" the description of my map begins to say "no description" can anyone please tell me what I might do wrong?
08-04-2012, 07:08 AM
Find
Slender Offline

Never mind guys, I found out that I forgot to put the </CATEGORY> At the end of my Ending category so it didn't work in my .lang file. Thanks for the help, it's very much appreciated!
08-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Your .lang file is configured incorrectly. Make sure that you've ended all of your entries and categories correctly.

08-04-2012, 09:06 AM
Find