Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes Error
tokugawa1 Offline

Threads: 8
Notes Error

OK so i tried putting some notes but when i go in game there is no text. And also the keys have no name.
Here is my .lang file:

<LANGUAGE>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_key1">Inner Library Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key1">A key used to open the door leading to the Inner Library</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_key2">Study Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key2">A key used to open the Study</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_Note1_Name">Letter from Mom</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note1_Text">Daniel, your dad is dead.....A monster killed him.[br]I dont know if he left you a letter but if he did he probably told you the name of the man that kidnapped us.[br]We are very scared he has tortured us and i believe he wants to kill us soon.[br]I hope i can see you again.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note2_Name">Letter from Mom 2</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note2_Text">Daniel, Here is the key to get to the Inner Library.[br]I dont know if i can last much longer in this place. But be carefull when you get there. I think there are monsters in there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note3_Name">Mysterious Note </Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note3_Text">I told you there was no escape from this place. Prepare to Die. (The map ends here)</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
08-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15
RE: Notes Error

(08-05-2012, 08:46 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote: OK so i tried putting some notes but when i go in game there is no text. And also the keys have no name.
Here is my .lang file:

<LANGUAGE>
EDIT: There should be a <RESOURCES></RESOURCES> here.
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_key1">A key used to open the door leading to the Inner Library</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<Entry Name="Note_Note1_Text">Daniel, your dad is dead.....A monster killed him.[br]I dont know if he left you a letter but if he did he probably told you the name of the man that kidnapped us.[br]We are very scared he has tortured us and i believe he wants to kill us soon.[br]I hope i can see you again.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note2_Text">Daniel, Here is the key to get to the Inner Library.[br]I dont know if i can last much longer in this place. But be carefull when you get there. I think there are monsters in there.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_Note3_Text">I told you there was no escape from this place. Prepare to Die. (The map ends here)</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
Is the file definitely named "extra_english.lang"? I can't see anything wrong at a quick glance.

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012, 08:53 PM by The Shanus.)
08-05-2012, 08:49 PM
Find
tokugawa1 Offline

(08-05-2012, 08:49 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 08:46 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote: OK so i tried putting some notes but when i go in game there is no text. And also the keys have no name.
Here is my .lang file:

<LANGUAGE>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
Is the file definitely named "extra_english.lang"? I can't see anything wrong at a quick glance.
Yeah its named extra_english.lang
08-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-05-2012, 08:54 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote:
Here is my .lang file:

<LANGUAGE>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
Did you try it after adding the RESOURCES?

08-05-2012, 08:58 PM
Find
tokugawa1 Offline

(08-05-2012, 08:58 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
Here is my .lang file:

<LANGUAGE>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
Did you try it after adding the RESOURCES?
Resources?
08-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-05-2012, 09:23 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 08:46 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote: <LANGUAGE>
<RESOURCES>
</RESOURCES>
</CATEGORY>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>
Copy that ^ and try it.

08-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
tokugawa1 Offline

(08-05-2012, 09:27 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
Copy that ^ and try it.
Nope still not working
08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Find
The Shanus Offline

(08-05-2012, 09:30 PM)tokugawa1 Wrote:
Copy that ^ and try it.
Nope still not working
With regards to the names, are the cases all the same?

08-05-2012, 09:32 PM
Find
zergling50 Offline

Threads: 9

(08-05-2012, 09:32 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
Copy that ^ and try it.
Nope still not working
normally when I make an item name it looks something like this
<Entry Name="ItemName_key_1">Key</Entry>
I saw however that yours had key1 instead of key_1, is the name definitely key1?
Also I had similar problems with things like this before, and have found that I had accidentally put quotes around the name in the name box under general in the editor. This messes everything up and it should have no quotes. If this still does not work I can post a sample category for you to compare, but keep in mind most of the time it is the smallest mistakes or errors when it comes to things like this. It took me forever to realize my problem I mentioned earlier was the quotes, and for a long time I thought it was a problem with the code or the lang file. Double check everything thoroughly and if you still have trouble let me know. Hope this helps.
08-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Find
tokugawa1 Offline

(08-05-2012, 09:32 PM)The Shanus Wrote:
Copy that ^ and try it.
Nope still not working
Yes
08-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Find