Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need a voice actor (Male)
Melvin Offline

Threads: 38
Need a voice actor (Male)

you - Have
you heard about Hotel Smoke?

me - Yes, I
have heard about it. Why do you ask?

you - There
was a murder there recently.

me - A
murder? who was the victim?

you - Nobody
knows, yet.

me - What
do you mean nobody knows?

you - It is
a mystery to us all, if you want to go check it out. There's a brochure. I'm
off see ya.

me - Later
Phil, a brochure of Hotel Smoke... Let's
see..

I need a normal voice, nothing special.
If you're the person for the job, pm me.

[Image: 25F7U37.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 09:55 AM by Melvin.)
08-07-2012, 09:54 AM
Website Find
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: Need a voice actor (Male)

And what exactly will we be working for? What is this project of yours and how do we know we're not wasting our time?
08-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-07-2012, 10:47 AM)Traggey Wrote: And what exactly will we be working for? What is this project of yours and how do we know we're not wasting our time?
Hi, you would be working for my custom story/project ''Hotel Smoke - Melvin's Story'', its about a murdercase that was never solved, the part where I need the voice acting for is the part where the main character, Melvin, has a flashback if he picks up the hotel brochure. Its my first custom story, but I put LOTS of effort in. (pls don't judge because its my first custom story)

Anyway, I'm new on this forum started today being a little active. This is the first forum I've ever joined, so I'm having a (little) bit of a hard time finding where to post and how things work here.

08-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Website Find
The Shanus Offline

Threads: 15

(08-07-2012, 01:12 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 10:47 AM)Traggey Wrote: And what exactly will we be working for? What is this project of yours and how do we know we're not wasting our time?
Hi, you would be working for my custom story/project ''Hotel Smoke - Melvin's Story'', its about a murdercase that was never solved, the part where I need the voice acting for is the part where the main character, Melvin, has a flashback if he picks up the hotel brochure. Its my first custom story, but I put LOTS of effort in. (pls don't judge because its my first custom story)

Anyway, I'm new on this forum started today being a little active. This is the first forum I've ever joined, so I'm having a (little) bit of a hard time finding where to post and how things work here.
I would advise you sticking that ^ in your first post. One rule on forums in general is if you have a request, or question, explain yourself as fully as you can. There are many voice actors on these forums, so it shouldn't be too hard to find one. If you don't want anything special though, just ask a friend?

[Image: theshanusyoutube.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM by The Shanus.)
08-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(08-07-2012, 01:12 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Hi, you would be working for my custom story/project ''Hotel Smoke - Melvin's Story'', its about a murdercase that was never solved, the part where I need the voice acting for is the part where the main character, Melvin, has a flashback if he picks up the hotel brochure. Its my first custom story, but I put LOTS of effort in. (pls don't judge because its my first custom story)

Dat Bold Text.

If it's you first custom story, I'm sorry to say but it will most likely be of poor quality. It's okay though, everyone's first mod is. I'd suggest you make a few mods first before releasing anything, this will (usually) ensure a much higher quality end product.

If you do release it, people will judge it no matter what you say. In that case, it's better to keep an open mind and actually listen to the criticism and use it to help you improve for the future, instead of saying: "yu dont luv my mod? U is are hater!I keep mahking modz my wai".

Also, very few voice actors will be interested in your mod if they don't think it is high quality. This brings us back to my first point, I'd advise against voice acting for this. Just keep making maps and scripting until it's comparable to the original game, then release something. HPL2 engine takes time to learn, no amount of tutorials can make up for that.

I rate it 3 memes.
08-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-07-2012, 05:40 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(08-07-2012, 01:12 PM)SmokeMelvin Wrote: Hi, you would be working for my custom story/project ''Hotel Smoke - Melvin's Story'', its about a murdercase that was never solved, the part where I need the voice acting for is the part where the main character, Melvin, has a flashback if he picks up the hotel brochure. Its my first custom story, but I put LOTS of effort in. (pls don't judge because its my first custom story)

Dat Bold Text.

If it's you first custom story, I'm sorry to say but it will most likely be of poor quality. It's okay though, everyone's first mod is. I'd suggest you make a few mods first before releasing anything, this will (usually) ensure a much higher quality end product.

If you do release it, people will judge it no matter what you say. In that case, it's better to keep an open mind and actually listen to the criticism and use it to help you improve for the future, instead of saying: "yu dont luv my mod? U is are hater!I keep mahking modz my wai".

Also, very few voice actors will be interested in your mod if they don't think it is high quality. This brings us back to my first point, I'd advise against voice acting for this. Just keep making maps and scripting until it's comparable to the original game, then release something. HPL2 engine takes time to learn, no amount of tutorials can make up for that.
I've been making 3 testing mods, but this is my first Serious one. I'm not going to use jump-scares, maybe 2 or 3 but I'm not going to overuse the "Iron_maiden_scream" sound like MANY other custom stories you know Tongue

But when I'm done, I'll post it here somewhere on the forum and I'll see what you guys think. (I'm not that kinda person that goes around saying: ''You iz a Haterr''. Had some experience with them cuz I also make YT videos so yea..)

08-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Website Find
Bunnypoppop Offline

Threads: 1

I could do it for you. I would like to see a little more about it (screenshots, video etc.) and then I will do it for you, so you can count me in almost certainly Big Grin

"War doesn't determine who is right - only who is left"

Voice Actor
08-08-2012, 11:29 PM
Find
Melvin Offline

(08-08-2012, 11:29 PM)Bunnypoppop Wrote: I could do it for you. I would like to see a little more about it (screenshots, video etc.) and then I will do it for you, so you can count me in almost certainly Big Grin
Great Big Grin I'll contact you soon.

08-09-2012, 02:48 AM
Website Find