Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Amnesia Stories/Lore for your maps
liamwylie Offline

Threads: 3
Free Amnesia Stories/Lore for your maps

If anyone would like a unique lore written for their custom story, I may offer my services to you. I have heard from many people they struggle to get ideas, but my imagination is constantly fluttering. But as my coding/mapping skills aren't advanced as most people, I figured I could put my creativity to some use.
I have a large amount of experience writing fictional stories/horrors, and I am an avid reader!
If you would like to discuss possible ideas for your story, feel free to add me on my Skype.

I would prefer it was a private conversation rather than me giving you ideas here, as someone may use them and develop an extremely good map, and find out someone else has used the same lore in a different custom map.
SkypeID: Liamwylie
Cheers!
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2012, 12:30 AM by liamwylie.)
08-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
liamwylie Offline

RE: Free Amnesia Stories/Lore for your maps

(08-09-2012, 07:35 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(08-09-2012, 06:28 PM)liamwylie Wrote: If anyone would like a unique lore writted for their custom story, I may offer my services to you. I have heard from many people they struggle to get ideas, but my imagination is constantly fluttering. But as my coding/mapping skills aren't advanced as most people, I figured I could put my creativity to some use.

I have a large amount of experience writing fictional stories/horrors, and I am an avid reader!

If you would like to discuss possible ideas for your story, feel free to add me on my Skype.

I would prefer it was a private conversation rather than me giving you ideas here, as someone may use them and develop an extremely good map, and find out someone else has used the same lore in a different custom map.

SkypeID: Liamwylie

Cheers!

What would make people want to accept you as their writer? Post examples, I see loads of "im great story writer herp derp" and their stories tend to be: "yu wuke up in cstle, omg, mnster after fmily/wife, run or save dem!1!" - No offence, but that's what a lot of these "story writers" seem to be. People who are too lazy and impatient to make their own custom story so masquerade as story writers so people make stuff for their ideas.
As you quoted, there are indeed people who have not grasped the basic English language.. I am looking for my USB to move my short lore folder to this PC so I can post examples, I thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Long story based lore on my first custom map

Quote:Sitting up after recovering consciousness from the last brutal torture the

mysterious two thugs had put me through, I had noticed the silence was

putting emphasis on the quiet but sharp sound of a water drop. The air was thick. Much thicker than usual,

but it was probably from the fumes released from the fire lit underneath me as my skin slowly melted

upon the inside of the bronze cow in the room opposite my cell. I could smell a rotten smell, a clear hint of meat.

I gagged at the smell realising it WAS the aftermath of the torture.

I wasn't sure on the intentions of the captors... They had questioned me consistantly

about some box... "Where is the box?!" They would roar at me...

What could I do? I told them the truth, that I had no clue about the box. Which I didn't.

They didn't believe me, and threatened to torture me until I let them know the whereabouts of it.

What was the strange box they wanted? What were the contents? I wasn't entirely interested in that for the moment,

I was looking for some kind of pain relief for the burns on my skin. It turns out my captors had some kind of sympathy, as

by the door, was a small grubby note, and a bucket of water.

I climbed off of my small wooden bed and crawled along my knees to the bucket.

I didn't wish to read the note instantly. I needed the water upon the worst of my burns,

which were extremely sensitive, and needed immediate attention.

Upon running the water supply low, I decided to check what the note had that was so interesting.

After the whole week(which feels like months to me.) that I had been here, they hadn't done anything so peculiar...

The note reads;

Quote:"The 2 men will not be back for a while, all will be explained later.

Do not fear. I have studied their patterns for how long they stay, and if this is the correct day of the week,

then you have a full 24 hours until they return. I have left under this bucket, a hollow needle, you shall use it to pick the lock,

they forced me to pierce their dirty ears with it, as I used to be a body artist so they used me for their own gain.

Doesn't bother me. I stored it in my pocket without thinking.

You will need to leave this hell hole dungeon and make your way for the main hall. From there you will need to pray

that they have not locked the front door to the estate. If they have, enter the supply room to the right of the door.

you will find another note from me if the front door is sealed. I have wasted enough of your time. You need to get out. Now."

My heart is racing, I quickly fiddle with the lock, using the hollow needle left by the un-named person.

Trying to remember what my uncle had taught me as a child, I dropped the needle several times.

*Click* Success. I did it. Time to make way for the main door and get out, if I followed the

road outside of this estate I could perhaps make my way back to the village of where I was abducted from.

I quickly ran my hands through the paper on the desk looked for something to use as possible evidence, nothing but receipts of library books!

I checked the large rusted metal closet for anything I could use a weapon. Nothing except a lantern and a small vial of oil.

Not exactly something for self defence, but it could come in handy. After taking the two items, I turned around in shock to see

the room to my right was another cell, but the door was unhinged and on the floor, with a trail of blood leading from the shackles in the cell.

This sight sent shivers down my spine. Worse than seeing the result of a previous prisoner that was in one of the cells after I first arrived here.

The bed was overturned and the blood ended next to the door, it was dark red, with small amounts of dirt and rocks amongst it.

I fled the cell with a swift limp towards the only way out, there was a larged arch door at the end of a wide, open spaced corridor. This was it.

Finally, I was free from the hell that had seemed to last an eternaty.

I opened the door, quickly made my way to the stairs and into the main hall, which was littered with dust.

Staggering towards the entrance doors, I felt weak with pain, squeeze the handle to the door.

*Clunk* It was locked. I started to laugh as I felt insanity pour through my brain. It did not feel real, it was as if I wasn't supposed to escape, but as if

someone was playing a joke on me.I looked to my right and there it was. The supply room. I didn't feel like

solving puzzles and running around looking at treasure maps. But it was time I had answers... And maybe some more water...
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2012, 08:47 PM by liamwylie.)
08-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Find
liamwylie Offline

RE: Free Amnesia Stories/Lore for your maps

(08-09-2012, 09:38 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Story was fairly average (again no offence) and you often had redundant words, such as "PAIN relief for the burns" When you could just have "relief for the burns" which imo, sounds a lot better, if you want, I'll PM you a good review of it, and not having a space between every line (use paragraphs still) would help me read it, but I'm not sure whether that was your fault.

Anyway, you're at least a lot better than the usual ones, and I hope you continue to get better.
Thanks, yeah, I had taken it off of Microsoft Word so it had place it with spaces inbetween every line.
08-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Find