Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: what do you think?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Neat
18.75%
3 18.75%
Idk
31.25%
5 31.25%
Oh no
50.00%
8 50.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Black ops 2 Some kind of Future war game.

(08-30-2012, 10:03 PM)darkely Wrote: Why don't they just release COD as a multiplayer only game?
For people like me who never play a game's multiplayer unless it's the primary spotlight focus of the game 100 percent. I like playing story campaigns.
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

Ya well still if people really want the COD series to die then they shouldnt buy it the only reason they would stop making them is if they stopped making money.

08-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-30-2012, 10:07 PM)darkely Wrote: they shouldnt buy it
I don't think that's ever going to happen anytime soon.
08-30-2012, 10:10 PM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

In that case then the COD series will probably not be dead any time soon.

08-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

they are making less money every year actually, less and less people are buying them, lets look at MW2 , 4 million UK sales, 19 million global, (most of them in America), Black ops: 3.5 million sales UK, 20 Million sales global (8 million of wich were in the USA). MW3. 1.25 Million Uk sales, 3 million global!. thats right, MW3 sold LESS globally than Black ops 1 sold in the UK REGION. if Black ops II bombs as bad as MW3, and its bad reception at E3 and gamescon, and its poor pre order performance shows it will, then i can see Activision axeing it, they lost a LOT of money on MW3.

Also, sales of its clones are often falling over 3 to 4 million units SHORT of sales Forcasts in global fiqures. they are selling what most publishers expect from Regional sales, not global ones.

Then look at games like Serious Sam III, 4 million UK sales, 15 Million Global, and Hard Reset: 2 million UK Sales, 12 Million Global. yes, traditional indie shooters are now selling MORE than modern shooters. The modern shooter has been done to death, and people are fed up of them, but the mainstream games industry is now too incompetant and lazy to change. its finished if you ask me, (totalbisuit, totalhalibut, yahtzee and pachter will probably also tell you the same) and about time too.
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2012, 10:19 PM by the dark side.)
08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
Find
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5

(08-30-2012, 08:42 PM)the dark side Wrote: ouch, you must have a pretty old Computer if Counterstrike Struggles, i mean, GLDSRC has its origins in Quake 1 engine after all... dont worry, i kept an old p4 XP machine LONG into the win 7 quad core era, only changing to this Dual OS quad core beast when the old gal died from terminal Data Cascade Failure Issues and got the Dreaded "Incurable Blue Sceen Death". and well, ill admit it, my laptop is an old win 98 model, with ORIGINAL DOS.. wich is good for my old DOS games, seeing as DOSBOX isnt all that reliable.
Oh, no, Counter-Strike runs fine. The very-low-detail-thing is just meant to newer games, mainly since Bfbc2. I have a GT240 in combination with a Q8300(4x2,5), that's enough for the most things.

DOSBOX crashes after running any game, yay. Also have an old Win98er pc, where I can play those games, or program in Basic *.* I like this language. It's so beautiful, and fast >.>
I agree to the rest of the post.

And I don't think CoD will die soon, the production is very cheap, and there's still enough money coming in. Of course, other games may be bring 3x more money, probably more, but they are developed over a few years. CoD might bringt just 1/3 of the money, but it's released every year, so it doesn't really matter.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-31-2012, 03:41 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Damn, they're as half-baked as EA.
08-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

oh come on Failed Alias, as much as i hate Activision with an All consuming passion for the fact they have ruined the FPS genre, all but killed the games industry (could they be todays atari '82?), and seriously gotten in my way, they are Not as Bad as EA. i dont think ANYONE can be as bad as EA, as much as i dislike activision, i do have to say, at Least they dont use Online Pass, Always On DRM, a Spy programme called "origin" and On Disk DLC...

Also, i can see Call Of Duty, its clones, heck, the whole Mainstream Gaming issue, all going away very soon.

Sales Fiqures are Showing a reversal in trends, it appears that next to no one, in business terms (were no one can be over 3 million people) really wants modern shooters anymore, thank gould, the sales are getting lower and lower with each one, as they have been done to death.

So its probably not going to be long before one performs so badly that its publisher looses enough money on it that they can no longer survive, and if its a major publisher like THQ, EA or Activision, all of who are in financial difficulty may i add, THQ in particular is in Severe Debt, then that will scare the Life out of the wall street backers, and when they pull there money out, its going to be 1983 all over again! stocks and shares will plummet to minus numbers, the casual gamers will run away because the publishers will try to compensate by rapidly upping the price of games to over 100 dollars each, the big corporates will run out of money to pay the staff, as they wont have any games out to cater for the sudden reversion to the "niche" hardcore gaming market (with the exceptions of take 2 and bethesda who are still making the odd "hardcore" title) and as the stocks and shares will be valueless, they wont be able to sell them, so they will collapse, and the mainstream gaming industry will end again, heralding in another golden age of Hardcore Indie Studio PC gaming.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2012, 08:12 PM by the dark side.)
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
Find