Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Glowstick radius
Mr. Lantern Offline

Threads: 2
Glowstick radius

Hi, I've finished all 3 Penumbra games so far and Black Plague is by far my favourite, but I'd really like to go back and play Overture, but the massive radius of the Glowstick in Overture kinda ruins it for me, it gives almost no reason to use the flares or flashlight and I was wondering if there is any way to shrink it down in the game scripts, I've tried but I can't locate the right file or line, if anyone's done this or anyone knows how, it'd be greatly appreciated. Smile
08-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19
RE: Glowstick radius

I don't know how to reduce the glowstick radius, but you could try to lower the gamma. Of course, this will affect the flashlight and flares as well.

Stand for something
or
Fall for anything
08-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Find
Mr. Lantern Offline

Threads: 2

I've reduced the gamma quite a bit anyway, I like my games dark Tongue
I don't really feel it helps with the light anyway, just makes it annoying.
Thanks for the reply anyway though. Big Grin
08-12-2012, 01:37 AM
Find
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246

I really enjoy that green shimmer. I missed it in Black Plague.
The light was a good atmospheric bonus. In Black Plague the glowstick doesn't improve the atmosphere - it'd by far too low. But it's realistic because of the lifetime of a glowstick.
But I find that Overture looks the best. And it's the best Penumbra game because of the experience (more involving puzzles etc.) but Black Plague was a bit more horror.
I think you have so search the shader folder to change lighting effects.
This is the way I reduced the item lights in Amnesia.
08-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-19-2012, 10:58 AM)Googolplex Wrote: I really enjoy that green shimmer. I missed it in Black Plague.
The light was a good atmospheric bonus. In Black Plague the glowstick doesn't improve the atmosphere - it'd by far too low. But it's realistic because of the lifetime of a glowstick.
But I find that Overture looks the best. And it's the best Penumbra game because of the experience (more involving puzzles etc.) but Black Plague was a bit more horror.
I think you have so search the shader folder to change lighting effects.
This is the way I reduced the item lights in Amnesia.
Nah, black plague was better, Overture had horribly unrealistic puzzles, and those annoying hubs with the wandering dogs. Also, the story wasn't as deep of course. The combat also didn't work too well. Overture honestly wasn't too scary, except for those spideys.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-21-2012, 06:28 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(08-21-2012, 06:28 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Overture honestly wasn't too scary, except for those spideys.
Arachnophobic, right?

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-21-2012, 06:30 PM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(08-21-2012, 06:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 06:28 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Overture honestly wasn't too scary, except for those spideys.
Arachnophobic, right?
Actually no, I'm normally not afraid of spiders, it was just something about those creepy little things walking up behind me unseen that gave me shivers

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-21-2012, 06:36 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(08-21-2012, 06:36 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(08-21-2012, 06:30 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote:
Arachnophobic, right?
Actually no, I'm normally not afraid of spiders, it was just something about those creepy little things walking up behind me unseen that gave me shivers
Another reason for me going paranoid in those tunnels.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-21-2012, 06:44 PM
Website Find