Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

I hate spiders.... help
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Bug  I hate spiders.... help

Well earlier today I was in the restroom doing business (sh-ting) and suddenly a huge spider (well larger than a normal one) comes out. I hate spiders so I automatically yelled something like "Jesus f---ing christ"... as I tried to kill it. The spider then climbs up the wall and goes into the AC vent - I tried spraying some bug spray up there (it did not help it was a dumb idea...) and my eyes were burning for a good half-hour.

Later on I was eating some kiwi fruit and I saw him scurry across the floor - like an idiot I jump out of my chair and get behind it and try to run it over... I ended up breaking a glass and cutting my arm.

Now I am in my room with my AC vent shut and typing this. What should I do? I cannot sleep...

08-13-2012, 04:48 AM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: I hate spiders.... help

Pull up the covers and hide your head. It will keep you safe!

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
08-13-2012, 05:00 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Like a boss? :/

08-13-2012, 05:18 AM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

Grow some balls? (metaphorically if you are a women).

Instead of screaming like crazy just kill the damn thing or trow it outside Big Grin

Yesterday while I was on my laptop in my room. A huge centipede like thing started to crawl on the wall right in front of me. I'll admit. for a minute there I had no idea what to do whit the damn thing. because it mean it that thing was huge. about half the size of a hand.
So. I picked up a shirt. and grabbed the damn thing and squashed it in my hands. One of the most disgusting things have ever done really. good thing I haven't seen the dead bug on the shirt nor clean it....

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSuebqvdjDbdbWoEhGZwFw...aNqGCIILRs] Dodged that bullet!
08-13-2012, 05:52 AM
Website Find
vixenVIPER Offline

Threads: 1

Hahaha, bless.

I once had a massive, house spider > http://www.royalalbertamuseum.ca/natural...hsspid.jpg , in my room at night. It ran across the floor and behind my computer. I get down on my carpet and scout for the little devil. Note that the only spider I'm afraid of is the house spider due to the shape of its legs.

I turn around to pick something up from the floor. When I turn BACK around, the spider is right by my heel. I yelp and jump up my bed, and the motherf*cking spider follows me!
I ran downstairs and called on my stepfather to come upstairs and help. AS SOON as he's up in my room, the spider is gone. GONE. We move on every single thing in the room to make the spider come out, but nothing.

...once my stepfather had left, the spider came right back out and looked straight at me. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep until it was dead, so I spent a good half hour planning how I should kill it.

I ended up trapping it under a pair of my knickers and crushed it with a book.
08-13-2012, 05:59 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Well I think I am dealing with either a Wolf spider (http://floridabackyardspiders.com/WolfSpiders.html) or a Southern Crevice Spider ([url]http://floridabackyardspiders.com/Southe...iders.html[/url])

I know it can go into the AC and it can get through crack fairly easy. So I have an old towel sitting next to my door (so it can't get in). I have my AC vent shut (I have a fan but it is kind of hot now) so it can't get in there. I just saw it in the kitchen and I don't know why but when I see it I just freeze up... I don't care if he is dead or alive I just want the bastard out :'( One of my issues is he can run fast (for a spider) and he can jump (thankfully not very far at all) but he keeps on going into tight areas I could never reach (without doing major damage to the house).

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 06:31 AM by darkely.)
08-13-2012, 06:26 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I find spiders to be rather cute for some reason. Not really sure what people fear about them - they're all so innocent-looking. Unless it's particularly dangerous, like a brown recluse, I wouldn't try to kill a spider. Maybe you can just leave it alone and hope it goes away? If it's too icky for you, get a slipper or a book or something and prepare to squash at a moment's notice.

It's house centipedes that I can't stand....or any type of centipedes, really. Anything more than ten legs are disgusting to look at. If I find one of those things in my house, I'd go into massacre mode. I've spent an entire hour before hunting those things down.

If a tiny two-inches centipede scares me, I can't imagine how I'd react to one of 'em Scolopendra giganteas.

[Image: p229xcq]
08-13-2012, 06:35 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Chronofox: well I've rarely encountered centipedes but ya they are creepy looking. I don't hate the spider or any thing but I just don't want to kill it. I am kind of leaving it alone.

Danny Boy: I know I am sort of acting like a wimp but I am not good with nature... I went to boy scouts and when I woke up to a tiny daddy long legs I nearly had a heart attack -.-

(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012, 06:42 AM by darkely.)
08-13-2012, 06:42 AM
Find
Potato Offline

Threads: 10

I threw a twilight book I found lying around at one.

True story.

[Image: o8JPTkt.jpg]
upsilon floorbot is a qt pa2t
08-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

@Potato lulz.

@Darkely Information has leaked that Lauren Faust is working on a new tv series called My Little Spider: Arachnophobia is magic.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Find