Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Horror-/other filmideas
johnbox Offline

Threads: 5
Horror-/other filmideas

Hey there.

On the 14th of Septembre, my local film-competition ends. The first three movies get 500€, and the people joining the contest are mostly some schools, or other people, which get there with really poor films, so i already won there without that much work, make some 3D-stuff into your film and it's "awesome". This year, I forgot about this a bit, but because it would be really nice, to get 500€. I'm getting back home on the second Septembre, so I have almost 2 weeks to finish this. Because of this short time, I can't make a real movie, with many other actors, and a few days for the cut are also needed.
So, my question to you, does anybody has a few ideas for a 5 minute-shortfilm? Maybe some mod-ideas, which broke down because of time, or just some general ideas? Genre doesn't really matter, and it would be good, if there are less then 2 people (1 or 2), so I can do this without so much people. Of course, horror is also very welcome. I'm not the best story-writer, and just used all my ideas for my new mod, so I need you. If you don't have any suggestions... mh, then I should look up the internet a bit more.

Maybe you have some ideas, would be cool, if you write them here.

Have a nice day.

Working on a full conv.-mod, first pictures coming soon...

Working with Blender and other Stuff since 2009.
Using HPL-Engine since 2012 (learning..)
08-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50
RE: Horror-/other filmideas

Maybe you could do a Slender-esque thing. You go around in the forest with a video camera (add in some symbols like REC. and battery life) and have a friend dress up as Slenderman, then you go around looking for notes?

Just a thought.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(08-30-2012, 06:21 PM)Zaffre Wrote: Maybe you could do a Slender-esque thing. You go around in the forest with a video camera (add in some symbols like REC. and battery life) and have a friend dress up as Slenderman, then you go around looking for notes?

Just a thought.
Exactly like in the game "Slender".

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
08-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Website Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Make a movie adaption of "Fifty Shades of Orb"

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(08-30-2012, 07:24 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Make a movie adaption of "Fifty Shades of Orb"
[Image: bjuJV.jpg]

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
08-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

If you do do something based on Slenderman, don't base it on Slender. Go do some research on him, read the original mythos, watch the series' that got him famous and take notes off that, etc. That game is honestly one of the worst representations of the character I've seen.

Posting Freak
08-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

(08-30-2012, 08:18 PM)Kman Wrote: If you do do something based on Slenderman, don't base it on Slender. Go do some research on him, read the original mythos, watch the series' that got him famous and take notes off that, etc. That game is honestly one of the worst representations of the character I've seen.
True. In reality it's just one huge jumpscare. He could do something along the lines of SCP-372 (I think that's the right one) where he's looking around in a forest with the camera suggestion, and periodically he sees something vanish out of his peripheral vision (hence the nickname of it Peripheral Jumper). A lot of people might just say it's a forest but then they slow down the footage and review it and get freaked the hell out.

08-30-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

(08-30-2012, 04:51 PM)johnbox Wrote: Hey there.

On the 14th of Septembre, my local film-competition ends. The first three movies get 500€, and the people joining the contest are mostly some schools, or other people, which get there with really poor films, so i already won there without that much work, make some 3D-stuff into your film and it's "awesome". This year, I forgot about this a bit, but because it would be really nice, to get 500€. I'm getting back home on the second Septembre, so I have almost 2 weeks to finish this. Because of this short time, I can't make a real movie, with many other actors, and a few days for the cut are also needed.
So, my question to you, does anybody has a few ideas for a 5 minute-shortfilm? Maybe some mod-ideas, which broke down because of time, or just some general ideas? Genre doesn't really matter, and it would be good, if there are less then 2 people (1 or 2), so I can do this without so much people. Of course, horror is also very welcome. I'm not the best story-writer, and just used all my ideas for my new mod, so I need you. If you don't have any suggestions... mh, then I should look up the internet a bit more.

Maybe you have some ideas, would be cool, if you write them here.

Have a nice day.
3D-stuff? Don't you mean CGI?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
08-30-2012, 11:15 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(08-30-2012, 11:15 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: 3D-stuff? Don't you mean CGI?
Well 3D-stuff IS computer generated imagery.
08-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(08-30-2012, 11:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote:
(08-30-2012, 11:15 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: 3D-stuff? Don't you mean CGI?
Well 3D-stuff IS computer generated imagery.
Not really because everything occupies space in three dimensions (at least in our reality). Don't mean to be a pedantic douchebag (kinda am) but you have to say 3D graphics or 3D modelling which refer explicitly to images drawn by the computer.
08-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Find