Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Announcement The chasing: released!
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
The chasing: released!

Hello everyone!

I'm very pleased to announce that my first CS: The chasing, is
finsihed!

Please: consider that it is my first CS. It has jumpscares, monsters, and, of
course, puzzles. If you think there are too much jumpscares, it was just for
training. Yes, i'm a fan of the serious amnesia stories, but some jumpscares
are never bad
Wink

Basic review:
You are Daniel. It's year 1845. One day, you were quietly in your home, resting. Suddenly, you wake up in an unkown place. You discover that a new and unknown virus infected you, and that the virus corrupted your mind.
Your mind is now split: You, and the virus, your enemy. As it tries to kill you, you will have to kill him. But, will you survive long enough to do that?

This CS has a bit of all. I've worked a lot the:
Lights
Maps structure (so there aren't texture issues or holes to the dephts)
The monsters (not too much, but not none)
Ideal places to put them (the places are important!)
14 levels to do. (just about 30 min of gameplay, if done a bit quickly.
Special feature: I've made a simplier loop script for monsters! I didn't understand the script, so i made my own. If someone is interested on it, please let me know.

Released!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-chasing

I hope you enjoy it!

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 01:12 PM by The chaser.)
09-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: The chasing: incoming!

Your name is leaving me very worried. Ermmm....how long did you work on this? Give me an approximate. I'm hoping my fears aren't confirmed.

Seriously though, when you're advertising a story, you should really post more than this if you can. If you are able to, post a basic premise of the story, features, and/or the setting to get us interested enough without spoiling it. Screenshots are also very, very important; Even if Firefox disagrees with you, I'd suggest you do everything in your power to get them up ASAP. They're that important.

^If you are unable to offer any of that in any stage of production of your story, I'd say it's not really worth releasing. If you want to say that it's a test story for you to get familiar with the editor for, then it doesn't need to get released either. Test stories are for experimentation, and usually (Not always though) don't need to be shown to the community, especially not under the guise of a released story!
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 09:52 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-01-2012, 09:46 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Don't worry, i'm not a noob. I made that account a long time ago for asking some questions, but... well, i think that now others deserve that name. I've worked for three months on this alone, but, thanks for advertising.
That of the screenshots... i've tried firefox, chrome (even explorer!) to put them, but there was an script from this page that collapsed firefox.
I've seen other posts of stories, and I really wanted to put screenshots. But, if that happens...

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Hmmm...the download link for the screenshots isn't working for me. Perhaps you could try uploading it to Mediafire, or better yet, post the links of the screenshots without the [img] code to avoid crashing if it works.

Also, any premise for the story, or features of the CS you're able to give us?
09-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Yea, i've updated the post. Now it is better. Does it work now?
Thanks anyway for reporting that problem.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2012, 10:46 AM by The chaser.)
09-01-2012, 10:35 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Well, the things you added in the opening post are mostly obliged by you to do, but hey a bit of assurance never hurts I guess. So...are you able to tell us who you're playing as in the game, the setting, and what time, and place the game is in?

Also, I took a look at some of the screenshots, some are pretty standard, but I say it looks largely okay for me now Smile
09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry, it is my first announcement post too, so i just didn't remain to put all the necessary things.
I'm making another CS, a very serious one. For that one i'll make a decent post, at last Big Grin

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012, 01:13 PM by The chaser.)
09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Find