Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puzzle animations, programming, and custom item names!
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27
Puzzle animations, programming, and custom item names!

You know when you have to chisel things in the vanilla story and you'll see the actual hammer and chisel animating to break something? How would I go about doing my own things like that? Also, how does a chemistry type puzzle work scriptingwise? For example, say I want to use a hand drill on Agrippa's head to leak blood into a jar and then have the jar become something new to pick up? How do I make the custom names for all these jars and things? (I assume its lang file related) halpz lol?

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
09-07-2012, 04:00 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: Puzzle animations, programming, and custom item names!

Hammer & Chipper: Search around the forum for hammer and chipper.

The other script, you'll have to mess around with SetEntityActive, CreateParticleSystemAtEntity, and other stuff... Try, try and try! Use the engine scripts, and see the possibilities

Trying is the first step to success.
09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Find
Theforgot3n1 Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Puzzle animations, programming, and custom item names!

Incoming boring response, but... you should check the actual maps, where those animations happen, with Level Editor while at the same time analyzing the scripting of it. If you're persistent, you might understand how they do it. It's not too hard I think.

Confusion: a Custom Story - Ch1 for play!
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-15477.html
About 50% built.
Delayed for now though!
09-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Website Find