Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Disabling Monster Effects
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
Disabling Monster Effects

I don't want there to be the negative vision and sanity effects when a monster is in view (blurring), is there any way to disable them? I've been able to counteract the sanity effects just by running a timer that sets sanity to 100 constantly, but it doesn't fix the blurred vision. It is very important that the screen doesn't blur.

Also I realize you can do this through using cheats, but I want it so that it happens in a downloadable cs.

So yeah, anyone know how to disable this? I've checked engine scripts and ran a search; nothing.

[Image: damascusrose2.png]
09-08-2012, 09:10 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38
RE: Disabling Monster Effects

(09-08-2012, 09:10 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: I don't want there to be the negative vision and sanity effects when a monster is in view (blurring), is there any way to disable them? I've been able to counteract the sanity effects just by running a timer that sets sanity to 100 constantly, but it doesn't fix the blurred vision. It is very important that the screen doesn't blur.

Also I realize you can do this through using cheats, but I want it so that it happens in a downloadable cs.

So yeah, anyone know how to disable this? I've checked engine scripts and ran a search; nothing.
Try using "SetSanityDrainDisabled(true);" (without the quotes) in your script. This may not stop the vision bluriness (but will prevent the darkness from lowering your sanity).

I'm not sure if this works or not, but at least try. I know the dark won't affect you if you use this.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

You will get the screen effect no matter what, it's pretty hard-coded into the game. There is a work around though; simply go to entities>technical>block box and place it between the enemy and the player. Even though it is invisible, it is still technically blocking the player's view of the enemy and will prevent the screen blur effect.

Hope that helped!

I rate it 3 memes.
09-08-2012, 09:16 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

That's definitely a better option for fixing the sanity drain (I'm a fool for using a timer) but it does not stop the blurry vision.

EDIT: Ok thanks andy, that's what I needed, much appreciated

One more thing- the monsters with no path nodes appear to be all rotating to one direction, and I need them to be facing a certain way. Should I fix this by adding a node to walk to in the direction they should face, or rotating them?

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2012, 09:19 PM by Damascus Rose.)
09-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-08-2012, 09:16 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: You will get the screen effect no matter what, it's pretty hard-coded into the game. There is a work around though; simply go to entities>technical>block box and place it between the enemy and the player. Even though it is invisible, it is still technically blocking the player's view of the enemy and will prevent the screen blur effect.

Hope that helped!
^ has to work. The monster won't see you, though. And if you need to go down a path which is blocked by this blockbox, you can use a script to make it disappear (SetEntityActive).

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Website Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(09-08-2012, 09:17 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: One more thing- the monsters with no path nodes appear to be all rotating to one direction, and I need them to be facing a certain way. Should I fix this by adding a node to walk to in the direction they should face, or rotating them?
I think regardless of how you rotate him in the editor he will face one direction, using a node should definitely fix it.

I rate it 3 memes.
09-08-2012, 09:34 PM
Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

(09-08-2012, 09:34 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 09:17 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: One more thing- the monsters with no path nodes appear to be all rotating to one direction, and I need them to be facing a certain way. Should I fix this by adding a node to walk to in the direction they should face, or rotating them?
I think regardless of how you rotate him in the editor he will face one direction, using a node should definitely fix it.
I meant rotate them in a script, but thanks for the help

09-09-2012, 07:31 AM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-09-2012, 07:31 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote:
(09-08-2012, 09:34 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
I meant rotate them in a script, but thanks for the help
Don't think that can help. With the exception of the pathnode script.

AddEnemyPatrolNode(string& asName, string& asNodeName, float afWaitTime, string& asAnimation);

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 08:30 AM by Robby.)
09-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Website Find
Damascus Rose Offline
Posting Freak

Actually I've been testing this block box thing, and it doesn't appear to be working as I'm still getting the blurry screen and sanity drain 'crunching' effect when looking at the enemy. It is directly in between the player and the monster. I've tested it many times with no effect, what am I doing wrong?

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 05:10 PM by Damascus Rose.)
09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

(09-09-2012, 05:04 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: Actually I've been testing this block box thing, and it doesn't appear to be working as I'm still getting the blurry screen and sanity drain 'crunching' effect when looking at the enemy. It is directly in between the player and the monster. I've tested it many times with no effect, what am I doing wrong?
Is the blockbox big (make sure it reaches the ceiling and the walls, but doesn't extend towards your direction) enough?

09-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Website Find