Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dead Space - need some help with the "Environmental Hazard" level
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87
Dead Space - need some help with the "Environmental Hazard" level

Information...

Game Level: Medium
Guns: Plasma Cutter, Line Gun, Pulse Rifle, and Flame Thrower (some upgraded)

I'm at the point where you have to go through some sort of green house (Environmental Hazard) and kill infected people who are poisoning the air by simply being around. The problem is there are 8 of them spread around (they don't attack me - but they just trigger the oxygen counter) and when you kill one of them 4 monsters come out of the vents (2 being the normal ones (the ones you start out with) and the other the infecting monster (idk the name but its the one who turns corpses into other monster)). After I kill the smokers (who poison the air) the 4 others come out but I can run out of the room and they wont follow (apparently they cant open doors). When I simply walk into the level area 4-6 monsters begin attacking me (2 normals and 3 that shoot rockets (they have 3 or 4 tentacles that shoot stuff at you)). I have only 3 health packs and they quickly dwindle because I can't kill them all fast enough... help?

Note: sorry for the weird names I gave the monsters...

09-09-2012, 06:20 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Dead Space - need some help with the "Environmental Hazard" level

Well, if you're still in the main chamber there should be an elevator in the middle of the room. Just run for your damn life to it, and head on the the next "smoker".

If you're bent on fighting though use the Plasma Cutters on the Slashers, and aim for their arms. On medium one plasma cutter shot should take out their arms, two at most. Take them both out, and they die. For the Lurkers (babies) the plasma cutter will work just fine for them too. Take out their tentacles, and they will instantly die. If you're a good enough shot though, the Line Gun can finish the job much quicker.

Stasis can help you regardless if you're running or fighting.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2012, 06:32 AM by Kreekakon.)
09-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Make sure you use your stasis. When I played through on Hard mode, I used only the Plasma Cutter (Best weapon, imo) and stasis saved my life so many times. Particularly when I ran out of ammo. Unfortunately, I think that what weapons you have dictates what kind of ammo spawns, so you're likely running dry on all of your weapons.
So really, the only advice I could give you is to use stasis, and possibly kinesis. If you throw something large enough at something for long enough, it'll die eventually.

09-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Find
darkely Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 87

(09-09-2012, 06:45 AM)Obliviator27 Wrote: Make sure you use your stasis. When I played through on Hard mode, I used only the Plasma Cutter (Best weapon, imo) and stasis saved my life so many times. Particularly when I ran out of ammo. Unfortunately, I think that what weapons you have dictates what kind of ammo spawns, so you're likely running dry on all of your weapons.
So really, the only advice I could give you is to use stasis, and possibly kinesis. If you throw something large enough at something for long enough, it'll die eventually.
So in other words: since I have a variety of weapons the game will probably not give my a good amount of ammo for one?

If I put some weapons away (not equipped) will the game disperse ammo differently or will it stay the same?

09-09-2012, 06:47 AM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

(09-09-2012, 06:47 AM)darkely Wrote: So in other words: since I have a variety of weapons the game will probably not give my a good amount of ammo for one?

If I put some weapons away (not equipped) will the game disperse ammo differently or will it stay the same?
As you have a nice variety, you'll also get a variety of ammo (or so I would think)
I've only played through the Dead Space games with the Plasma Cutter, and then the Pulse Rifle on my first playthrough of Dead Space 1. I did notice that I found more Pulse Rifle ammo when I bought the gun.

I'm not sure what kind of ammo you would find if you put the weapon away. I'd assume you'd find similar amounts, as you still own the weapon and can always retrieve it.

My trick is to target the Slasher's legs first, and blow them off. Then they're slowed down. I then target the arms. As far as the Lurkers (babies) go, I usually attack them last. I can typically sidestep their bolts in time.

09-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

(09-09-2012, 06:47 AM)darkely Wrote: So in other words: since I have a variety of weapons the game will probably not give my a good amount of ammo for one?

What it means is that when the game generates ammo regardless from loot, or supply crates, it will be drawing it from random depending on the weapons you have now. If you have four, you will likely get an even amount for everything AKA not a lot for everything, not to mention your inventory will likely be bursting full. If you only have one weapon, ALL the ammo drops will be that weapon with very little exceptions (I get random pulse rounds, and flame fuel when I only had the Plasma Cutter rarely).

Also, I agree with Obliviator that the Plasma Cutter is the best weapon. Fast, accurate, and very little chance of actually wasting ammo through overkill. I beat the entire game on the hardest difficulty using that (Though I did keep my contact beam for boss purposes.)

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Find