Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game
triadtimes Offline

Threads: 16
Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

I was planning to mess around in Fallout (1) for a bit and I thought I would leave the job of creating my next character up to you, the residents of Frictional Games Forum (trust me, it's a good idea). So, what should I be? (If you want to know more about a certain Skill, Trait, Stat, etc. check here.)

Basics
Name:

Stats
Strength: 1/10
Perception: 1/10
Endurance: 1/10
Charisma: 1/10
Intelligence: 1/10
Agility: 1/10
Luck: 1/10

Points left over: 33

Skills
Small Guns
Big Guns
Energy Weapons
Unarmed
Melee Weapons
Throwing
First Aid
Doctor
Sneak
Lockpick
Steal
Traps
Science
Repair
Speech
Barter
Gambling
Outdoorsman

Tag Three Skills

Traits
Bloody Mess
Bruiser
Chem Reliant
Chem Resistant
Fast Metabolism
Fast Shot
Finesse
Gifted
Good Natured
Heavy Handed
Jinxed
Kamikaze
Night Person
One Hander
Skilled
Small Frame

Choose Up To Two Traits

Backstory
What is the background for my character? Am I some kind of smooth talker who knows nothing about fighting but can take all your money at the table without breaking a sweat; am I fighter, someone who wants to stand up to the 'evils' of the world and also punch every bad guy he sees; or am I a dick-ass thief? YOU DECIDE.

Other
In case you've played through Fallout before, feel free to add other factors like where I have to go, where I need to stay away from, how I need to complete certain quests, etc.

If you guys are interested in how this turns out I'll probably update this thread semi-regularly.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012, 10:12 PM by triadtimes.)
09-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

Dude, it's an RPG. You're not supposed to play somebody else's character. But, if you want a seriously overpowered character you should:

max out your perception and agility
spend points on small guns and repair (trust me, you are so going to regret not putting points into repair)
take bloody mess (unless you don't want an awesome experience) and finesse (or whatever suits you)
get the sniper rifle when you are given the choice
always aim for the eyes

This is the most overpowered build I've tried so far. Miniguns deal more damage but are not as precise and the bullets are expensive as hell. With this build you can deal 200-250 crits easily, even on supermutants.

EDIT: In case you didn't know, aiming for the eyes with maxed out perception is always deadly. I tried out a guy that used only throwing knives and a shotgun when they ran out and I got through most of the game without even breaking a sweat. With a high perception, any projectile aimed at the eyes is almost guaranteed to blind the enemy which always results in victory. The crits for throwing knives are ridiculously small, only like 50 points, but the tradeoff is you can usually throw two or three each round.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2012, 10:57 PM by Bridge.)
09-10-2012, 10:54 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I object, Bridge. Str/Luck/End + Melee Weapons is the way to go. I enjoy the sniper build as much as the next guy, but there's something so much more satisfying about smashing your opponent's head in (and if you have bloody-mess, into millions of little pieces). The only problem with my build is that it's not really good for the first part of the game/until you can find a decent weapon.

I rate it 3 memes.
09-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(09-10-2012, 10:59 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: I object, Bridge. Str/Luck/End + Melee Weapons is the way to go. I enjoy the sniper build as much as the next guy, but there's something so much more satisfying about smashing your opponent's head in (and if you have bloody-mess, into millions of little pieces). The only problem with my build is that it's not really good for the first part of the game/until you can find a decent weapon.
Whatever floats your boat really. Unless you're a total idiot with your points pretty much any character build you can come up with is going to be effective. I personally enjoyed the hell out of the throwing knife run. It was so satisfying being this scrawny guy that can walk into a room full of armed dudes and just taking everybody's eyes out. Blinding someone almost never kills them unless their HP was low to begin with, so they usually either fall on the ground or limp away. Not to sound sadistic, but it's pretty empowering. Anyway, I've only played the game 3-4 times, I haven't even begun to experiment with it.
09-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

I can't wait for someone to post, "THERE WAS A FALLOUT 1!?!?!"
09-10-2012, 11:22 PM
Find
lolmaster Offline

Threads: 9

l0l failout 1 is full of teh bugs, get a real game like fall out tree

09-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Find
triadtimes Offline

No offense, but lolmaster, I feel like you need to change your name. I have never thought "hehehe, that statement made me lol" after reading anything you've written.

Aside from that...

I do enjoy the idea of throwing knives at people and blinding them, however, I somehow imagined andyrockin's build to be a burly Australian man walking up and trying to box a super mutant while shouting things about kangaroos and dingos (even though andy's was actually melee weapons, going unarmed seems like it'd be ludicrously entertaining (while also putting points into melee because, why not)).

SO I've come up with this:
Spoiler below!

Jack
Male

(IDGAF about the actual numbers right now, I need to go to bed)
Strength
Endurance
Luck

Melee
Unarmed
Outdoorsman

Bloody Mess

This is going to be fun. Thank you, all.
:D

09-11-2012, 05:36 AM
Find