Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84
RE: The (Least) Favorite aspects of your culture.

(09-14-2012, 07:54 PM)Traggey Wrote: Can not... Resist..

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m96ee0fV2t1rq96yg.gif]

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
09-14-2012, 07:58 PM
Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-14-2012, 07:54 PM)Traggey Wrote: Can not... Resist..

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Didn't get the joke.
09-14-2012, 08:08 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

PewDiePie is Swedish, and so is Traggey.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-14-2012, 08:19 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Well the one for me here in Taiwan isn't exactly a bad one from certain points of view, but it's mostly me being biased:

I personally dislike the super humble nature in our culture. When you go out to dinner with older generations, they will literally argue over them wanting to pay for the bill themselves. You are actually obliged to refuse them, and argue to pay the bill yourself, or at least look reluctant when letting them do it, because if you don't you'll probably seem like a dick.

Again this is probably me being biased as hell, but the whole thing usually just strikes me as completely unnecessary.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
09-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(09-14-2012, 08:22 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Well the one for me here in Taiwan isn't exactly a bad one from certain points of view, but it's mostly me being biased:

I personally dislike the super humble nature in our culture. When you go out to dinner with older generations, they will literally argue over them wanting to pay for the bill themselves. You are actually obliged to refuse them, and argue to pay the bill yourself, or at least look reluctant when letting them do it, because if you don't you'll probably seem like a dick.

Again this is probably me being biased as hell, but the whole thing usually just strikes me as completely unnecessary.
One thing about the US... it's rude to make a big deal about stupid shit like paying bills. You can refuse once or twice, but if you make a big fight about it everyone else at the table will look at you like you have the plague.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-14-2012, 09:06 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

What do I hate?

-The rising rap culture here.
-People hating this country even though theyre propably never been anywhere else.(Inferiority complex is huge in Finland thanks to Russia and Sweden)
-People using english words with finnish.Its so.fucking. annoying to hear youth mix english with finnish.And what makes it worse is HOW they pronounce them.Pick a damn language!Finnish or English.Whats it gonna be?

Among other things I cant seem to remember right now..

Voice actor

Painful shadows

09-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85

(09-16-2012, 07:22 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: -People using english words with finnish.Its so.fucking. annoying to hear youth mix english with finnish.And what makes it worse is HOW they pronounce them.Pick a damn language!Finnish or English.Whats it gonna be?

Among other things I cant seem to remember right now..
Funny thing is that here in portugal the same thing happens :U

damn international language! we should all be speaking Esperanto on the net!
09-16-2012, 07:27 PM
Website Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

I blame americans for that.Thanks to america being the modern role model of youth,everyone wants to be damn american.Damn idiots.

No offence to americans heheeh... Can I still say that?I already said I blame americans.Egh,im confused.Whatever.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

09-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

I AM AN OFFENSE AND I TAKE AMREICAN TO THAT@#!@@@@@@@@

Ahem, sorry. Not sure what came over me there.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
09-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Find
Obliviator27 Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

Not a whole lot you can do. English is the language of business, really, seeing as most of the large businesses are owned by American CEOs. Along with the pure amount of tourists that come from English speaking countries, it's inevitable that people will wind up mixing English and their native language.

09-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Find