Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your phobias
Focalize Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Your phobias

(09-14-2012, 05:11 PM)Chronofox Wrote: I'm actually particularly terrified of eternal life, or eternity of any sort, such as being stuck in a perpetual time warp like Groundhog Day. Being able to "think" forever is really a horrendous idea, because after millions and millions of years you'd eventually become completely detached from your emotions (why do anything when you live forever?), but even a million years is infinitely small compared to the "infinite" concept of eternity.
When there's too much time, the incentive to do anything at this moment fades. When I am given two weeks for an essay, I do it 2 nights before. It creates a sense of urgency and purpose.

The beauty of nature: it doesn't last.

Also, pretty surprised that nobody mentioned the top phobia of mine...

1. butterflies :I know, why. Expected it to be pretty common too
2. clustered dots or lotus pot seed holes -for those that don't believe me, Google trypophobia and be disturbed
3. sleep paralysis: can't die from it, but it feels like dying

A lot of things previously mentioned are scary, but they don't trigger an instant, freakish reaction like these three.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 04:21 AM by Focalize.)
12-10-2012, 04:07 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(12-10-2012, 04:07 AM)Luxifer Wrote: 2. clustered dots or lotus pot seed holes -for those that don't believe me, Google trypophobia and be disturbed
Why...

WHY...

Posting Freak
12-10-2012, 05:33 AM
Website Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Trypophobia... So that's what it's called.

I've been living my whole life freaked out and disgusted by the thought of having near perfect holes in skin/flesh. It was just a nasty visual for some reason. Like the skin shaped like swiss cheese or better yet, what is shown when googling said phobia. I used to turn to my sister and look at, say a sponge, and say something like "Imagine if we had holes like this in our skin?" and we would both get severely skeeved out. I didn't know it had its own phobia, but now I do and I can't get these images out of my head. Ew... Ew.. Stahp pls.

;______________;

Fuck you Luxifer, I am haunted by these images now D: I can't stop thinking about holes in skin.

[Image: tumblr_m6igg017ZS1r3yvai.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 05:49 AM by Statyk.)
12-10-2012, 05:42 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

Fear of holes is fairly common. I think it may be built into our genes as a result of evolution, with the function of avoiding smallpox. Since, you know, that disease is probably responsible for wiping out half of our ancestors.

[Image: p229xcq]
12-10-2012, 05:51 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Seriously... Fuck this thread and everything it stands for. I'm going to have a nightmare of having holes in my arm tonight.

aaJAS;LKALKSHDALJSD;FA;SKDFAKLD

/ded
12-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

At least you can get to sleep Statyk, I've been lying in bed awake because I can't stop thinking about that shit. And I have to get up in 4 hours... Splendid.

Posting Freak
12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Website Find
Zaffre Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 50

My biggest fear: spiders, wasps, or any kind of insect. Even cockroaches can't hurt you but they still manage to terrify me. I grab the nearest object and smash whatever it is into oblivion, then flush its remains down the toilet, wash my hands, and then have trouble sleeping for an hour.

As of September 2nd, 2014, I've left the Frictional forums. Check my profile for more details.
12-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Hmm...Darkness.And heights.But yeah like the other guy said,its propably evolved from our ancestors doings.My ancestors propably wandered around in high cliffs at night and fell down so much till one of them was like"Oh shit,heights 'n' darkness,you scary."

Voice actor

Painful shadows

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2012, 03:52 PM by kartanonperuna.)
12-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(12-10-2012, 03:49 PM)kartanonperuna Wrote: Hmm...Darkness.And heights.But yeah like the other guy said,its propably evolved from our ancestors doings.My ancestors propably wandered around in high cliffs at night and fell down so much till one of them was like"Oh shit,heights 'n' darkness,you scary."
Evolution doesn't work like that. It is a fact that you cannot inherit anything your ancestors learned while they were alive; you need to be taught about them. I'm not convinced about the "hole phobia" being genetic either. It is possible for a society to be collectively afraid of holes as a result of a smallpox epidemic and it is possible for an individual to become phobic to holes after nearly falling victim to smallpox, but it can never be genetic (all phobias are psychological - e.g. they are developed).
12-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Thats the way evolution works up here in Finland,biatcho.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

12-10-2012, 05:48 PM
Website Find