Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Discussion about religion
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Discussion about religion

(09-16-2012, 03:20 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: I said "What if someone took the blue ball when you weren't there,
Quote:because blue was their favorite color? The red and green balls would
thus remain in the bag, thanks to their natural traits. By the way, fuck you."
Well said. Also, inanimate objects can't fuck. His argument is irrelevant.
I had to play with his own stupid logic, for him to understand, as for his response; "Lizards don't grow fucking wings. Idiot!" I cried that night.

(09-16-2012, 03:44 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: EDIT: You know what? Nevermind. I think I'll ignore this.
Your voice is always welcome to my ears~ Blush Heart Heart Heart
(Wow, that sounded gay)
(Added blushing face just for good measure)
(Ok. . . Maybe a little more than that)
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 05:32 PM by failedALIAS.)
09-16-2012, 05:29 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: Your voice is always welcome to my ears~ [Image: blush.gif] [Image: heart.gif] [Image: heart.gif] [Image: heart.gif]

(Wow, that sounded gay)

(Added blushing face just for good measure)

(Ok. . . Maybe a little more than that)
O_O

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
09-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(09-16-2012, 06:32 PM)Aldighieri Wrote: O_O
Looks like they admire you...

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
09-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Website Find
bloogleford Offline

Threads: 4

The only religion i've ever found any common ground with is Buddhism..i've even participated in it a bit going to meditation and whatnot.

Why? because instead of encouraging unprovable nonsense and conjecture about supreme beings, handed down holy codes of morality, or versions of identity that rely on you separating yourself from other human beings baed on your beliefs, it encourages you to actually experience and analyze your own experiences and actions as a human being.

I find Abrahamic religions (Islam, Xianity, to a lesser degree Judaism) are mostly about either seperating yourself from the rest of humanity, or worse, conquering people spiritually or literally, not a good thing IMO.
09-16-2012, 11:43 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 11:43 PM)bloogleford Wrote: The only religion i've ever found any common ground with is Buddhism..i've even participated in it a bit going to meditation and whatnot.

Why? because instead of encouraging unprovable nonsense and conjecture about supreme beings, handed down holy codes of morality, or versions of identity that rely on you separating yourself from other human beings baed on your beliefs, it encourages you to actually experience and analyze your own experiences and actions as a human being.

I find Abrahamic religions (Islam, Xianity, to a lesser degree Judaism) are mostly about either seperating yourself from the rest of humanity, or worse, conquering people spiritually or literally, not a good thing IMO.
A way of life, not a religion.
09-16-2012, 11:45 PM
Find
bloogleford Offline

(09-16-2012, 11:45 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 11:43 PM)bloogleford Wrote: The only religion i've ever found any common ground with is Buddhism..i've even participated in it a bit going to meditation and whatnot.

Maybe, there are plenty of people who act very "religious" who are Buddhist though, I have met plnety who are very dogmatic..and some of the mainstream Asian versions aren't distinguishable from ancestor worship, shamanism or similar.

If you read the actual words of the Buddha though, I think it's pretty good stuff..instead of being a bunch of stories about angels and miracles and sillyness, it's about human experience and suffering, how to rise above suffering.

Personally I find them compelling, much more so than most of the "big three" where so much of what you read requires as much suspension of disbelief as a good video game lol.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2012, 11:49 PM by bloogleford.)
09-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(09-16-2012, 11:49 PM)bloogleford Wrote:

Maybe, there are plenty of people who act very "religious" who are Buddhist though, I have met plnety who are very dogmatic..and some of the mainstream Asian versions aren't distinguishable from ancestor worship, shamanism or similar.

If you read the actual words of the Buddha though, I think it's pretty good stuff..instead of being a bunch of stories about angels and miracles and sillyness, it's about human experience and suffering, how to rise above suffering.

Personally I find them compelling, much more so than most of the "big three" where so much of what you read requires as much suspension of disbelief as a good video game lol.
As I said; It's a way of guiding oneself through life, in a more "show you the direction but the path and destination is up to you" kinda thing.
09-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Find
bloogleford Offline

(09-16-2012, 11:51 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(09-16-2012, 11:49 PM)bloogleford Wrote:

As I said; It's a way of guiding oneself through life, in a more "show you the direction but the path and destination is up to you" kinda thing.
Yeah, there's an actual sutra about only ultimately listening to your own experiences...I guess that's what makes me give it more credence than I do other religions..that and it doesn't focus on unprovable stuff like whether there is or isn't a God.
09-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Find