Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Amnesia - A Laugh in The Darkness Chapter 3
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
Star  Amnesia - A Laugh in The Darkness Chapter 3

A Laugh in the Darkness Chapter 3

The Clown horror continues!

After a new bunch of clowns kidnapped you in the funhouse, you noticed this could probably be your grave.
After the demons returned from hell, they started to play with you. You have to pass a bunch of puzzles and scares, but for what??
find it out...

When you start laughing?
Includes:
-A few scares (no pointless)
-New Monster
-New statics
-New Objects
-Beautifull Neun effects
-Scary athmosphere
-Puzzles
Screenshots:

[Image: 23gxs8i.jpg]
[Image: 2vht75h.jpg]
[Image: 1zdp3qb.jpg]

[Removed]
Sorry for bad english
hope you enjoy!
pls report bugs...
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 05:23 PM by Your Computer.)
10-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6
RE: Amnesia - A Laugh in The Darkness Chapter 3

inb4 Corinthian finds a reason to get this taken down.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(10-05-2012, 06:53 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: inb4 Corinthian finds a reason to get this taken down.
i don't care.
10-05-2012, 06:54 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Lol, Skashi's back. Just like Gaviao said.

Staying on the neutral side here, peeps, so don't flame me.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 06:55 PM by Robby.)
10-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I'm going to be honest with everyone here...

While the House of Creep series are pointless jumpscare maps, I actually like Skashi's A Laugh in the Darkness series to some degree. It's definitely not as bad as most people go out to make it.

EDIT: Playing, and reviewing right now.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 06:59 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Skashi, would you kindly stop rolling in your own faeces and create something worth anyone's time.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
10-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

(10-05-2012, 06:56 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: While the House of Creep series are pointless jumpscare maps, I actually like Skashi's A Laugh in the Darkness series to some degree. It's definitely not as bad as most people go out to make it.
The sudden change was unexpected and good. And the jumpscares in it were not flying naked men (with the exception of at least one or two, dunno). It was a great one, only that I had a bug in it.

(10-05-2012, 07:55 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: Skashi, would you kindly stop rolling in your own faeces and create something worth anyone's time.
Lol, I see what you did there.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 07:59 PM by Robby.)
10-05-2012, 07:58 PM
Website Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Ok review incoming. Before we start, I do not know anything about any of the legal statuses of the models/sounds in this CS. Just wanted to put that out before I start:

Spoiler below!

Atmosphere: I think it was pretty well done. There were lots, and lots of ambient sounds which is always good. You also made good use of "entry noises" when you entered new areas. I think that helps a lot. My favorite atmosphere is in the black/red room. I think it's above average when it comes to atmosphere here, nothing too overly special, but overall done okay enough to make me creeped out more than once.

Setting/environment: The setting mostly consists of bubbly balls, glowing walls, and red/black brick. While these may be fresh on first glance, it quickly becomes repetitive since not a whole lot of detail was added besides the unique wallset IMO. I grew tired quickly of constantly seeing glowy walls. There are a few areas where this isn't true, like the room with the tree trunks with eyes in them. That was pretty cool. Also, probably my favorite part is when the ball in the same level rolls down, and hits a button.

There was a rare case of texture clipping, but like I said, very rare. I also disliked the fact that you over stretched certain things like doors, and candles. This doesn't make them look good at all.

Gameplay/puzzles: I think many of your puzzles in this one feel pretty decent, and that's good. This is offset by a scary SCARY amount of technical difficulties though, mostly three: One is in the black/red room. The ramp that leads to shallow water is VERY slippery, and it's a nightmare to get back up if you fall down. The second is that the grunt statues in the black/red level are very hard to push into the center if they fall over. The third is the one where you have to place a trunk on the button. The trunk is near impossible to get over the door frame of the room it's in.

Monsters: I'm not really sure if I like that hand, or not. Can't really tell yet. I certainly don't hate him that's for sure.

Story, and text: This was a huge letdown after Laugh in the Darkness 1 and 2 which at least had some story. This one has nearly none at all in comparison. Also, how does the guy even know what these fruits do anyways?

For the text you have a couple grammar mistakes here, and there which might need a bit of fixing. Also, several of your items, and doors are missing names.

Verdict: A decent atmosphere with cool moments which are offset by its many technical errors, and lack of any semblance of a story. Also as a final reminder, you forgot to delete a map_cache which is 11 MBs in size 6/10

This custom story is definitely not Skashi rolling in his own feces, I'll give it that much.

If anyone's interested, here are the notes I took down while I was playing the story:

Spoiler below!

-You missed a map_cache file
-The stereo of the music works really weirdly. The music will stop entirely if I turn my head ceratin directions. Fiddle with that to make it more natural
-No back story to how I woke up here?
-Lots of ambient noises.
-You should get someone to proofread your stuff
-That transistion to the red/black room was very menacing
-The sound for the movable objects adds to that menacing factor. Good!
-The ramp with the water near it is VERY buggy. Getting back up after going down is a nightmare.
-Moving Grunt Statues? Doesn't really make that much since they're moving statues, and at the same time they don't seem to mind you moving them, but okay.
-A bit of flickering textures in the quad grunt statue room. Only a bit though.
-The floor texture is not alligned well in the grunt room
-The "grunt push" puzzle can be very hard technically since one the grunts are knocked down, they're very hard to push into the circle.
-Okay, that ball thing rolling down and pushing a button was seriously cool
-This is really unique stuff here
-SUper stretched doors aren't good
-Neither are super weird candles
-What is that noise in the green table hallway?
-Tree stump is nearly impossible to push over door edge
-Key can glitch out in final room of 2nd level
-Lack of real story or anything.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012, 08:42 PM by Kreekakon.)
10-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(10-05-2012, 08:37 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Ok review incoming. Before we start, I do not know anything about any of the legal statuses of the models/sounds in this CS. Just wanted to put that out before I start:

Spoiler below!

Atmosphere: I think it was pretty well done. There were lots, and lots of ambient sounds which is always good. You also made good use of "entry noises" when you entered new areas. I think that helps a lot. My favorite atmosphere is in the black/red room. I think it's above average when it comes to atmosphere here, nothing too overly special, but overall done okay enough to make me creeped out more than once.

Setting/environment: The setting mostly consists of bubbly balls, glowing walls, and red/black brick. While these may be fresh on first glance, it quickly becomes repetitive since not a whole lot of detail was added besides the unique wallset IMO. I grew tired quickly of constantly seeing glowy walls. There are a few areas where this isn't true, like the room with the tree trunks with eyes in them. That was pretty cool. Also, probably my favorite part is when the ball in the same level rolls down, and hits a button.

There was a rare case of texture clipping, but like I said, very rare. I also disliked the fact that you over stretched certain things like doors, and candles. This doesn't make them look good at all.

Gameplay/puzzles: I think many of your puzzles in this one feel pretty decent, and that's good. This is offset by a scary SCARY amount of technical difficulties though, mostly three: One is in the black/red room. The ramp that leads to shallow water is VERY slippery, and it's a nightmare to get back up if you fall down. The second is that the grunt statues in the black/red level are very hard to push into the center if they fall over. The third is the one where you have to place a trunk on the button. The trunk is near impossible to get over the door frame of the room it's in.

Monsters: I'm not really sure if I like that hand, or not. Can't really tell yet. I certainly don't hate him that's for sure.

Story, and text: This was a huge letdown after Laugh in the Darkness 1 and 2 which at least had some story. This one has nearly none at all in comparison. Also, how does the guy even know what these fruits do anyways?

For the text you have a couple grammar mistakes here, and there which might need a bit of fixing. Also, several of your items, and doors are missing names.

Verdict: A decent atmosphere with cool moments which are offset by its many technical errors, and lack of any semblance of a story. Also as a final reminder, you forgot to delete a map_cache which is 11 MBs in size 6/10

This custom story is definitely not Skashi rolling in his own feces, I'll give it that much.

If anyone's interested, here are the notes I took down while I was playing the story:

Spoiler below!

-You missed a map_cache file
-The stereo of the music works really weirdly. The music will stop entirely if I turn my head ceratin directions. Fiddle with that to make it more natural
-No back story to how I woke up here?
-Lots of ambient noises.
-You should get someone to proofread your stuff
-That transistion to the red/black room was very menacing
-The sound for the movable objects adds to that menacing factor. Good!
-The ramp with the water near it is VERY buggy. Getting back up after going down is a nightmare.
-Moving Grunt Statues? Doesn't really make that much since they're moving statues, and at the same time they don't seem to mind you moving them, but okay.
-A bit of flickering textures in the quad grunt statue room. Only a bit though.
-The floor texture is not alligned well in the grunt room
-The "grunt push" puzzle can be very hard technically since one the grunts are knocked down, they're very hard to push into the circle.
-Okay, that ball thing rolling down and pushing a button was seriously cool
-This is really unique stuff here
-SUper stretched doors aren't good
-Neither are super weird candles
-What is that noise in the green table hallway?
-Tree stump is nearly impossible to push over door edge
-Key can glitch out in final room of 2nd level
-Lack of real story or anything.

that's a very nice critism.
well there are some points i should explain:

the grammar mistakes, well sorry, i'm german
yeah, the moving grunt statues and the eyes in the trees are weird, because i love creating weird stuff...
the noise next to the green table is an air compressor
and where are stretched doors?
and pushing the tree stump ore the grunt statue should work very fine if you run while pushing them.
10-05-2012, 09:27 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

Hey guys, i think i will work on a very long version of a laugh in the darkness... it's seriously the final part than.
Lemme work on a big story mates
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM by Skashi.)
10-06-2012, 01:21 PM
Find