Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Human Nature? Odd or just Bizarre?
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
Human Nature? Odd or just Bizarre?

Last night, a very interesting conversation sprung up in my "Graphics and physics engines" thread, regarding the very strange nature of the modern human, there tendancy, in ever larger numbers, to use mind warping drugs or souse their brain in Alcahol, the way people seem to thrive witin areas that have a lack of order and are swamped in noise and random stimuli, it all strikes me as incredibly strange, so, the question is asked, what is going on with human nature in c21? have humans always been this way, or has society changed in ways wich have caused human nature to become distorted and warped to match the current culture? it really is a most interesting question, and i would love to see peoples theories on the subject.

feel free to discuss.
10-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Find
KingWolf Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Human Nature? Odd or just Bizarre?

Odd = Bizarre if I am correct.

Helping "Nemet Robert " with his unofficial map.
10-06-2012, 07:27 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

yes it does.. the title is ironic.
10-06-2012, 07:50 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Indeed it is.

Well, I don't even know how to answer the question. Let's just say that people change, which affects all of humanity somehow.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
10-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Website Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

It's therapeutic to release stress and let loose. It's all about the pleasure.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

The idea of "cutting loose" has existed long before the 21st century; the only thing that's changed is the method. Drugs/Alcohol are cheap (at least in America) and pretty easy to get.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Quote:It's therapeutic to release stress and let loose. It's all about the pleasure.
Are we talking about drugs and alcohol here? My opinion is if you have serious problems you should deal with them correctly and not pretend like they don't exist by drinking or taking drugs. I enjoy a good drink as much as the next guy but heavy drinking is not a real solution and is extremely dangerous (because alcohol is a toxin, and like any toxin is lethal in large amounts).
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012, 09:58 PM by Bridge.)
10-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Find
Adny Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

I think it's safe to say people who often drink large amounts of alcohol or do illicit drugs have unresolved emotional/psychological problems (the obvious exception being any sort of medical condition).

It's fine to do these things every once in a while, but like all good things, exercise moderation.

I rate it 3 memes.
10-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-06-2012, 09:52 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: The idea of "cutting loose" has existed long before the 21st century; the only thing that's changed is the method. Drugs/Alcohol are cheap (at least in America) and pretty easy to get.
How cheap exactly? Over here alcohol is kinda expensive; a 500 ml bottle of Smirnoff 40% Vodka costs about $30.
10-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

(10-06-2012, 09:57 PM)Bridge Wrote:
Quote:It's therapeutic to release stress and let loose. It's all about the pleasure.
Are we talking about drugs and alcohol here? My opinion is if you have serious problems you should deal with them correctly and not pretend like they don't exist by drinking or taking drugs. I enjoy a good drink as much as the next guy but heavy drinking is not a real solution and is extremely dangerous (because alcohol is a toxin, and like any toxin is lethal in large amounts).

It's still technically true, and answers the main question.

Even when it becomes a vice, it's better than the alternative.(Withdrawal symptoms) So it's still about the feeling.

Personally, I'm completely clean. I snuck a drink when I was young and regretted it.(Shit burned my mouth), nearly everyone around me who smokes wants to quit,(So I learned by their example to not do it) and I was constantly told that doing drugs would ruin my life.(with me going into the military as an escape route, that's actually quite true)

So yeah.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
10-07-2012, 05:17 AM
Find