Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What are your thoughts on Black Plague?
DanteDMC Offline

Threads: 3
What are your thoughts on Black Plague?

For those of you that have played the demo or have bought the game, what do you think of the BP installment?

Personally, so far, I think it's great. I've also noticed some the suggestions that we all made were put into the game. The atmosphere seem creepier and I like the new enemy "the infected"; it's a lot more creepier that the zombie dogs. The only con that I found in this installment is that there is no combat. I hate having to run away every time I encounter some enemy. But all in all, so far; and I say "so far" because I just started playing it, the game is a step above from the first one!

Quick Edit: On the no combat part that I wrote about...can someone help me clarify this. I heard that there are no weapons in this game; I haven't encountered any so far, however as I was trying to do a little amature modding myself, I found some files that imply that there are a fire axe and a crowbar. Can some one confirm this and if so let me know where they are in case I missed them?
03-06-2008, 04:23 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: What are your thoughts on Black Plague?

How about going to the Black Plauge forum instead?
Nope, no weapons either. Enemies use some though.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Some of the Tuurngait are wielding small axes, I guess these are the fireaxes. The crowbar might be an Overture relic, or another infected weapon. Or maybe just decoration somewhere.

You can use some parts of your environment as improvised weapons. A thrown book or something slows the Tuurngait down a bit, but I don't know if you can kill them.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Find
Linux.Blue Offline

Threads: 30

Spoiler below!
this may be a spoiler; not sure. but Thaliur, you said some carry a small axe. Is this the part when you enter this room to find a pipe that is leaking; and you find another pipe in the trash to fix it?
that tuurnigate has an axe or a crowbar? I always thought it was a crowbar, but I am actually too afraid to get too close to find out. so you may be right.
Reading that made me wonder about "Freeman" in overture. not saying there is a connection though.
03-08-2008, 04:11 AM
Find
DanteDMC Offline

Threads: 3

Wow, I guess there's no combat. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I didn't even know there was a black plague forum...no wonder I saw nothing about it here (silly me)

I do hope someone comes up with some mods to allow weapons in the game. Personally, I lose interest quickly because I have no weapons, don't get me wrong though, I still think it's one of the greatest first person games out there, but I don't like to run from my enemies. To me it's not as frightning as it is annoying.
03-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Infected use both axes and crowbars.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-09-2008, 04:14 PM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16

No I hated the infected, I loved the dogs but there were to many so it isn't as scary the scary thing that scared me is the dogs because when they see you they chase you. I hate running away from them they too fast thats when you play on hard Tongue Wink Tongue Wink
03-10-2008, 08:09 AM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Yeah but the infected did creep me out more though, even they hold A flashlight in there hands wich makes it look real.
03-10-2008, 08:10 AM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

DanteDMC Wrote:For those of you that have played the demo or have bought the game, what do you think of the BP installment?

Personally, so far, I think it's great. I've also noticed some the suggestions that we all made were put into the game. The atmosphere seem creepier and I like the new enemy "the infected"; it's a lot more creepier that the zombie dogs. The only con that I found in this installment is that there is no combat. I hate having to run away every time I encounter some enemy. But all in all, so far; and I say "so far" because I just started playing it, the game is a step above from the first one!

Quick Edit: On the no combat part that I wrote about...can someone help me clarify this. I heard that there are no weapons in this game; I haven't encountered any so far, however as I was trying to do a little amature modding myself, I found some files that imply that there are a fire axe and a crowbar. Can some one confirm this and if so let me know where they are in case I missed them?

There's A thread how to get the pick axe and hammer in black plague I hope you find it Wink
03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:
Spoiler below!
this may be a spoiler; not sure. but Thaliur, you said some carry a small axe. Is this the part when you enter this room to find a pipe that is leaking; and you find another pipe in the trash to fix it?
that tuurnigate has an axe or a crowbar? I always thought it was a crowbar, but I am actually too afraid to get too close to find out. so you may be right.
Reading that made me wonder about "Freeman" in overture. not saying there is a connection though.
Not only there. lots of them seemed to carry some kind of improvised weapon.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-10-2008, 12:04 PM
Find