Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Modelling a simple model in Blender
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
Modelling a simple model in Blender

Hello everyone! So, here I am, The Chaser. I'm going to show you how to make a model in blender, following the steps.
I've noticed that a lot of people want to model, but it's not that easy. So, I hope that with this tutorial you will be able to do something in blender.
(Using 2.63)

So, when we run blender we can see a cube. It's ok, I'm just going to show you how to make a model, so, if you need any other thing, just delete the cube and add a mesh.

Remember that this cube has a default material, so, if you delete the default cube and you put anything (a cylinder), go to the panel at the right and search for the material panel. Then, if there isn't a material, make a new one.

So, just at the side of the materials panel there is a texture panel. There is a "type" displayer. Choose "Image or movie".

In "Mapping", choose UV. Now, open the diffuse texture you will use (castlebase_floor.dds)

Ok, it's time to UV mapping. We won't care for it, so just do this:

At the bottom, at the left, there is a:

[Image: blender3.png]

Drag it to the right and you'll get a new window. Then, choose UV/Image editor at the side. It should look like this:

[Image: blender4.png]

So, do this:

[Image: blender5.png]

Then, unwrap. Should look like this:

[Image: blender6.png]

Then, export to collada in your model folder. NOTICE THAT YOU MUST HAVE A.MAT FILE WITH THE DIFFUSE OR THE MODEL WON'T SHOW UP.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Find