Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Horror Music Theme
Linus Ågren Offline

Threads: 58
Horror Music Theme

Well, it's just a short one, but it needs fine-tuning. Tell me what you think! (Note it is just a preview. Extended version will come later.)
http://soundcloud.com/linus-gren/horror-theme-1-1

Creator of The Dark Treasure.
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 10:20 AM by Linus Ågren.)
10-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Website Find
Solipsist Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Horror Music Theme

My lexicon regarding music is quite dull, so I'll try to express my self articulately regarding the matter...

For it to be "horror", you have to set a mood; a slow pacing lone instrument; or at least aspiring for minimum instruments. An adagio which carries the plot with it, the feeling of the characters and or the world; which is why most horror themes are minimalistic; to assert the loneliness, pain and terror the protagonist(Amnesia) / antagonist(FEAR) feels.
What you have here, is a fresh beat which apparently utilizes some old hardware to accommodate the poppy tune..
For a theme, I think it is way to vivid; it would fit pretty well for a chasing scene, or a tune for a scare event to assure confusion with such lush and full body. But for a theme? I don't feel it. =|

Note : In modern "horror / terror"; what I said is most likely true (my own opinion), in oldschool def of the genre, it would definitely be a theme, or at least more likely. Oldschool "horror" is more like "Walk around and shoot everything"; so anything which attempts to insert adrenaline in your pumps 100% of the time playing, oldschool takes the bite.
Again, it's a good tune; but it feels too confusing and full to be horror under my take.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2012, 11:13 AM by Solipsist.)
10-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

This will be IDEAL for my story. This is the kind of track I was searching for. What program did you use? I would like to make my own soundtracks.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

This was more of a chase music I made, I forgot to point that out sorry. I will be working on more ambient songs after I get home from Turkey.
I made this in FL Studio.

10-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Yes, that's what I mean. I will have a modified enemy and this would be ideal for a scene of my CS. Do you have more creations anywhere?

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
10-11-2012, 02:01 PM
Find
Linus Ågren Offline

I have them saved on my laptop hehe.
I will release when I feel that it's either complete, or will not work in my Project.

10-12-2012, 03:16 PM
Website Find