Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Amnesia - The Dark Descent - Castle Of Devastating Diseases
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Amnesia - The Dark Descent - Castle Of Devastating Diseases

Nice CS so far. I'm stuck plz help!

Spoiler below!
I can't figure out the puzzle at the library with the levers.

Never mind. I finished the CS

review:

Spoiler below!

Pros:

- Good atmosphere
- Plenty of monsters to add tension
- nice story. It made me facepalm when I read the note saying the cause of all that was the calamine back in 1300 xD
- Good puzzles
- NO CHEAPSCARES!
- I also read there are secret rooms and a alternate ending. That is very good as it adds re-playability

Cons:
- Very dark and few oil. I would suggest you replace all the oil for large oil potions. It would seriously help
- like another user said, tinderboxes do little. I used then mostly to mark where I went already and not for light

Overall: 9/10 --> Very Good CS with a few problems. In this case, it was just the lack of oil

Note that I haven't found the SRs nor the alt. ending. I will go look for them later.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 05:05 PM by ShiningBlader.)
10-13-2012, 04:50 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

Threads: 9

(10-13-2012, 04:50 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: Nice CS so far. I'm stuck plz help!

Spoiler below!
I can't figure out the puzzle at the library with the levers.

Never mind. I finished the CS

review:

Spoiler below!

Pros:
- Good atmosphere
- Plenty of monsters to add tension
- nice story. It made me facepalm when I read the note saying the cause of all that was the calamine back in 1300 xD
- Good puzzles
- NO CHEAPSCARES!
- I also read there are secret rooms and a alternate ending. That is very good as it adds re-playability

Cons:
- Very dark and few oil. I would suggest you replace all the oil for large oil potions. It would seriously help
- like another user said, tinderboxes do little. I used then mostly to mark where I went already and not for light
Overall: 9/10 --> Very Good CS with a few problems. In this case, it was just the lack of oil

Note that I haven't found the SRs nor the alt. ending. I will go look for them later.

Thanks for feedback! I try to learn from those advices. : )

Follow me on twitter or like my page on facebook
(This post was last modified: 10-13-2012, 08:42 PM by MatiaSika.)
10-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Website Find
pil Offline

Threads: 0

Hello. I am enjoying the story so far. Here is my review

Spoiler below!

Story:I found it to be a good story so far.

Mapping: Overall the mapping seems pretty good. I didn't see any obvious glitching of like walls, doors, corners etc. As someone said previously, the large room was weird in the fact it only had a couple doors and the rest just space. I'm not too picky on stuff like that however for people who like to see consistent rooms, this might be something to improve on. You can put more stuff in it or have a purpose for it.

Lighting: Some areas can be improved for example the beginning hallway. I couldn't really see the floor or anything and I had to double check my video settings to see if it was something on my end. Other random places were a little dark and the pre-lit candles didn't light as much as they should I don't think. For example that one room where you had all the candles on the sides of the ledges.

Sound/Music:I thought it was good choice of ambient music and ambient scary sounds. For awhile I kept thinking that chain rattling was actually something happening, but then found out it was just an ambient sound. I could swear that the music in the dorms is from FEAR. It just sounds familiar. Anyways I think the sounds were good.

Atmosphere/Scares:Some of the rooms and scenes were scary when they were meant to be. Few random jump scares which is a good thing. This combined with the sounds made it pretty scary in some parts.

Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b58FUAPeCfY

Remarks: Overall good so far. I am enjoying it so far. I think people already mentioned earlier about your pic in the post. Seems it wasn't too related to the topic and one can skip that room without impact (I think). Anyways in like part 3 or 4 I took care of the room as you will see. I am current stuck in the main hall area. I hit the button in the library area and I don't know what to do next. I may try to figure it out later or see if someone posts a hit.

10-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(10-18-2012, 01:40 AM)pil Wrote: Hello. I am enjoying the story so far. Here is my review

Spoiler below!

Mapping: Overall the mapping seems pretty good. I didn't see any obvious glitching of like walls, doors, corners etc. As someone said previously, the large room was weird in the fact it only had a couple doors and the rest just space. I'm not too picky on stuff like that however for people who like to see consistent rooms, this might be something to improve on. You can put more stuff in it or have a purpose for it.

Lighting: Some areas can be improved for example the beginning hallway. I couldn't really see the floor or anything and I had to double check my video settings to see if it was something on my end. Other random places were a little dark and the pre-lit candles didn't light as much as they should I don't think. For example that one room where you had all the candles on the sides of the ledges.

Sound/Music:I thought it was good choice of ambient music and ambient scary sounds. For awhile I kept thinking that chain rattling was actually something happening, but then found out it was just an ambient sound. I could swear that the music in the dorms is from FEAR. It just sounds familiar. Anyways I think the sounds were good.

Atmosphere/Scares:Some of the rooms and scenes were scary when they were meant to be. Few random jump scares which is a good thing. This combined with the sounds made it pretty scary in some parts.

Remarks: Overall good so far. I am enjoying it so far. I think people already mentioned earlier about your pic in the post. Seems it wasn't too related to the topic and one can skip that room without impact (I think). Anyways in like part 3 or 4 I took care of the room as you will see. I am current stuck in the main hall area. I hit the button in the library area and I don't know what to do next. I may try to figure it out later or see if someone posts a hit.

Thanks very much for feedback. I try to learn from advices. Smile

And if you want help to your situation:
Spoiler below!
In Section 2 you can find crowbar from downstairs, with that you can open kitchens door.

10-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Website Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

Etreme details?
Can you say where they are??
Havent seen it yet...
Anyways.. looks nice but not beuatiful...
Story is fine i rate is 8.
Lange
10-18-2012, 04:43 PM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

Sounds interesting. I'll try it out and return with my opinion!

I want a Flugelhorn!
10-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Find
Ahiam94 Offline

Threads: 2

Pretty good so far. Haven't beaten it yet, but I feel like I'm getting close. The entire CS has a really creepy atmosphere, which is always nice. It's also nice taking a break from the typical jump scare maps. So, I think that I'd have to give this around a 7.5! I'm very hard to please. So, good job!

I want a Flugelhorn!
10-19-2012, 07:18 PM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(10-19-2012, 07:18 PM)Ahiam94 Wrote: Pretty good so far. Haven't beaten it yet, but I feel like I'm getting close. The entire CS has a really creepy atmosphere, which is always nice. It's also nice taking a break from the typical jump scare maps. So, I think that I'd have to give this around a 7.5! I'm very hard to please. So, good job!

Glad to hear! : )

10-20-2012, 12:10 AM
Website Find
pil Offline

Threads: 0

(10-18-2012, 11:13 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 01:40 AM)pil Wrote: Hello. I am enjoying the story so far. Here is my review

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
In Section 2 you can find crowbar from downstairs, with that you can open kitchens door.
Spoiler below!
Already found that. In part 4 you will see where I am stuck at.

10-22-2012, 02:09 AM
Find
MatiaSika Offline

(10-22-2012, 02:09 AM)pil Wrote:
(10-18-2012, 11:13 AM)MatiaSika Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
Spoiler below!
Already found that. In part 4 you will see where I am stuck at.

Spoiler below!
In the dormitory, behind that locked door you will find the another key. You must break that window in other room with the chair.

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM by MatiaSika.)
10-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Website Find