Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Conspiracy: Philip = Mass Murderer?
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70
Conspiracy: Philip = Mass Murderer?

Does anyone else find it odd how..timely his mothers death was? No explination, just a sudden death. He didn't seem to have much emotion about it.

However,that's just the tip of the iceberg.
In overture, there is a man in the old mines who's locked in the room. He is obviously frightened, and knows something is out to kill him. Philip senses this, and decides to "get out of the way" and let the monster kill the guy.

Not only did Philip not help a man who obviously needed it, he burned him alive. Yes, red may have 'seemed' like he wanted to die, I highly believe that he was simply delusional.

The 'dead' man in the hallway (forgot his name; he's in the demo) could clearly be heard saying "help me" yet philip makes no move to help him. In fact, he steals some of the precious blood he has left.

Philips Father; there were no signs of decay on him. It looked as if he was unconscious; does anyone else find it strange how Philip never checked for a pulse? Being locked in that room had probably made him dehydrated and was getting close to death.

Than, annibal. This is pure, cold murder at it's best.

So, how many people is that? 5? 6? And that's ignoring all the stuff we didn't see; what went on before his mothers death.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Conspiracy: Philip = Mass Murderer?

Heck no!

Philip's mother's death is not the point of focus there, the letter arriving is. The letter arriving shortly after his mother's death is a paranormal coincidence.
The Spider-Hater (Forgot his real name again) is locked into a room and there is no way to get in. Philip doesn't move out of the way, he moves on, and second Philip doesn't even know there are monsters/that S-H is hiding from something yet. In fact, Philip doesn't necessarily even notice S-H.
Red(field?) wanted to die, as he had the Tuurngait virus preventing him from killing himself while keeping him in great pain. Philip alson needed that key.
The dead scientist (Forgot his name aswell) is saying help me, but hey, he's DEAD! How are we supposed to help a dead guy? I'd get freaked out and run away rather than help him. Taking his trusted blood was needed to proceed.
Philip's Farther is dead when you come to him, obviously, no breath. The reason you don't check is pulse is, too obviously, because this is an FPS game - checking the pulse on someone would require a fully scripted cutscene and arm models. If I'm not wrong Philip's father died from the Tuurngait overmind, not dehydration.

So, no. There's no reason at all to believe he is a serial killer.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Conspiracy: Kedjane is a secret account of the devolopers, attempting to say this is all a lie.

Nice try.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

WindexGlow Wrote:Does anyone else find it odd how..timely his mothers death was? No explination, just a sudden death. He didn't seem to have much emotion about it.
It happenend more than a year before he sends the message the players get to read throughout the game. After one year, you can talk much more calmly about things like that than shortly afterwards. Trust me, I know this.

Quote:However,that's just the tip of the iceberg.
In overture, there is a man in the old mines who's locked in the room. He is obviously frightened, and knows something is out to kill him. Philip senses this, and decides to "get out of the way" and let the monster kill the guy.
He couldn't get the door open, so he couldn't really help Dr. Roberts, and I don't think he would have been able to protect him from Frisk.

Quote:Not only did Philip not help a man who obviously needed it, he burned him alive. Yes, red may have 'seemed' like he wanted to die, I highly believe that he was simply delusional.
Even Clarence said that Red really wanted to die, and judging from his behaviour at other times, I don't think that was a lie. If he wanted to frighten Philip, he would probably have told him that the Tuurngait forced him to ask Philip to kill him.

Quote:The 'dead' man in the hallway (forgot his name; he's in the demo) could clearly be heard saying "help me" yet philip makes no move to help him. In fact, he steals some of the precious blood he has left.
Remember, Philip was most likely already influenced by the Tuurngait infection. The chief Chemist (forgot his name) did not move at all, and if he was able to talk, it's highly unlikely he was unable to move even the tiniest bit.

Quote:Philips Father; there were no signs of decay on him. It looked as if he was unconscious; does anyone else find it strange how Philip never checked for a pulse? Being locked in that room had probably made him dehydrated and was getting close to death.
Unconcious people and dead people, while similar in behaviour, actually look quite different, and Philip is a scientist, after all, an observer. And since "look at" in games usually equals "examine" I guess we can just assume that he checked the usual life signs.

Quote:Than, annibal. This is pure, cold murder at it's best.
Agreed. Philip did kill Amabel (unless she was dead before and Clarence just made you not see her corpse), but it happened while Clarence made him believe she was a Tuurngait, so it's hardly his fault.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
03-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

WindexGlow Wrote:Conspiracy: Kedjane is a secret account of the devolopers, attempting to say this is all a lie.

Nice try.
Not really. They do live just a few swedish miles away in real life though.

Thaliur Wrote:Unconcious people and dead people, while similar in behaviour
Hah... sure.
By the way, I didn't notice the Amabel thing in the first post until now. I thought he meant "Then, cannibal" meaning he thought Philip was a cannibal.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
03-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Find
Penumbra Offline

Threads: 7

Guys, you do know that Howard killed himself, right?
04-05-2008, 04:42 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

No, we probably don't. I think he was killed by the Tuurngait. He was taken into the "mind realm" of the Tuurngait, then lost the puzzles and died.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
04-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Find
Thaliur Offline

Threads: 4

Kedjane Wrote:No, we probably don't. I think he was killed by the Tuurngait. He was taken into the "mind realm" of the Tuurngait, then lost the puzzles and died.
Didn't he send the message to Philip or Mrs. LaFresque telling him/her to destroy the documents? I always assumed this.

Megatron - proving that guns DO kill people since 1984
04-12-2008, 01:52 AM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Thaliur Wrote:
Kedjane Wrote:No, we probably don't. I think he was killed by the Tuurngait. He was taken into the "mind realm" of the Tuurngait, then lost the puzzles and died.
Didn't he send the message to Philip or Mrs. LaFresque telling him/her to destroy the documents? I always assumed this.
Howard wrote the letter, sent it then died? How do you think he died?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
04-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Find
jamhaw Offline

Threads: 30

Lack of food perhaps? Is it even possible to open the secret door from the inside? Or there is the good old standby that the eldritch secrets he learned were to much for man comprehend or survive.
04-22-2008, 11:37 PM
Find