Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What was your rating of the game ?
Fatbaticus Offline

Threads: 16
What was your rating of the game ?

i vote 9/10 because the gameplay was nicely done (if there were no physics i wouldn't of got this game Big Grin)

well i probably would get it because i love mystery and puzzles! (hmmm greys are sure are wierd with there digged out eyes and ugly pen*s and all)
03-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

RE: What was your rating of the game ?

It sure doesn't turn me on Big Grin
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

I would give this game a quite weak 8/10.
It is very well made thinking of how few people made it and that it is Frictional Games first big game, but in comparision to other games it isn't much to brag about.
The game has a great atmosphere (Sometimes it even reaches a Silent Hill-class) but it has some obvious flaws; such as the enemies, enemy intelligence and Clarence sometimes being really annoying.

Super PLAY gave the game 6/10, which I find sickly low. I'm thinking of sending in a letter of complaint. The magazine is known for giving strange and unprofessional reviews and on the last page of the latest issue they even had a whole page of review corrections.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-08-2008, 04:09 PM
Find
Fatbaticus Offline

Kedjane Wrote:I would give this game a quite weak 8/10.
It is very well made thinking of how few people made it and that it is Frictional Games first big game, but in comparision to other games it isn't much to brag about.
The game has a great atmosphere (Sometimes it even reaches a Silent Hill-class) but it has some obvious flaws; such as the enemies, enemy intelligence and Clarence sometimes being really annoying.

Super PLAY gave the game 6/10, which I find sickly low. I'm thinking of sending in a letter of complaint. The magazine is known for giving strange and unprofessional reviews and on the last page of the latest issue they even had a whole page of review corrections.

Yeah its pretty true you should put a complaint also ask them why did they give a rating so low
03-09-2008, 03:06 AM
Find
jo291 Offline

Threads: 43

roadkiller Wrote:i vote 9/10 because the gameplay was nicely done (if there were no physics i wouldn't of got this game Big Grin)

well i probably would get it because i love mystery and puzzles! (hmmm greys are sure are wierd with there digged out eyes and ugly pen*s and all)
i give it a high 8/10
03-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

7/10

That's how I would rate this game as compared to other games, regardless of cost of production.
-Scary Atmosphere
-Great acting
-Great storyline

-Repetitive environments
-Low-Poly enemies

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-09-2008, 04:42 AM
Find
242 Offline

Threads: 2

9/10
9 because it was too short.
03-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Find
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah, I'd love something more like the old tech-demo. There's just something about it that I love. The old Shelter design is probably it, the way the corridors were more linear. In BP all corridors lead into eachother like a giant web.

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
03-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Find
Unregistered

10/10 for me, Penumbra cannot compare to any other games!
03-09-2008, 10:54 PM
sid Offline

Threads: 1

7,5/10

Mainly because of repetitive environments and some corridors which are almost empty.
03-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Find