Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So, I've been thinking of learning scuba diving.
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
So, I've been thinking of learning scuba diving.

Recently I've been wanting to do some out of school activities, then I noticed I still had that small cylindrical water-proof container I got a few years ago with the name of the diving center, the phone number, and website which you can find here: http://www.aquasubscuba.com/

After I learned this diving center still existed I looked up its information and then I started to watch some videos about all the scuba diving equipment and some locations.

I want to see if I can take their lessons so I could have field experience as I am studying to be a Marine Biologist in the future. I also want to get rid of two phobias I have which is the fear of very deep areas (looking down to find that there is nothing under me) and shipwrecks.

So, shall I go for it?

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
11-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: So, I've been thinking of learning scuba diving.

It's up to you.
11-11-2012, 04:05 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

(11-11-2012, 04:38 PM)Robosprog Wrote: Go for it if you really want too, not if you just think it's kool.
I don't think scuba diving is "kool". But I find it to be something interesting to learn.

11-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(11-11-2012, 04:03 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I also want to get rid of two phobias I have which is the fear of very deep areas (looking down to find that there is nothing under me) and shipwrecks.
So, shall I go for it?

I think it's a great step to take if you plan to become a Marine Biologist. Plus it does sound fun in its own way. I used to love watching videos in science class of people going out and doing this stuff. I say read up and go for it. Nothing wrong with trying something every once in awhile. You may come to love it. I know when I was little, I used to watch people snowboard and go "that looks like so much fun", started going down town hills in a $10 Wal-Mart board, and once I hit 13, I finally got a professional snowboard for Christmas. Been snowboarding on mountain trails every Winter since <3
(This post was last modified: 11-11-2012, 05:13 PM by Statyk.)
11-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

(11-11-2012, 05:12 PM)Statyk Wrote:
(11-11-2012, 04:03 PM)Macgyverthehero Wrote: I also want to get rid of two phobias I have which is the fear of very deep areas (looking down to find that there is nothing under me) and shipwrecks.
So, shall I go for it?

I think it's a great step to take if you plan to become a Marine Biologist. Plus it does sound fun in its own way. I used to love watching videos in science class of people going out and doing this stuff. I say read up and go for it. Nothing wrong with trying something every once in awhile. You may come to love it. I know when I was little, I used to watch people snowboard and go "that looks like so much fun", started going down town hills in a $10 Wal-Mart board, and once I hit 13, I finally got a professional snowboard for Christmas. Been snowboarding on mountain trails every Winter since <3
Aw thanks...

Not many people I know have ever tried scuba diving, except myself at this one time.
A few years ago when I was at my first vacation in mexico, we met a guy with diving gear. We talked and he said he could give me and my brother a small diving experience while in the pool. Which only lasted a minute.

Now years later I want to try it again and get more experience on diving. Which I bet will be a fun learning experience.

11-11-2012, 10:26 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I have taken the "advanced open water diver" PADI diving license. If I remember correctly there are a few different types of "organizations" which provide licenses. Within each organization there are different types of licenses too. *A google search later* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuba_diving - The section titled "Scuba diver training and certification agencies". Suggest you might to read up on that.

I can definately recommend trying out diving, as it is a great experience. It is something I wish to do again, but haven't found my way to (the issues of money & time). The feel is... awesome :]

My best tip(?): Always stay calm. We had a few drop-outs on our course, the main reason was them not being able to stay calm (for example during the removal of the mask and breather while under water).

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

11-11-2012, 11:29 PM
Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

(11-11-2012, 11:29 PM)Acies Wrote: I have taken the "advanced open water diver" PADI diving license. If I remember correctly there are a few different types of "organizations" which provide licenses. Within each organization there are different types of licenses too. *A google search later* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scuba_diving - The section titled "Scuba diver training and certification agencies". Suggest you might to read up on that.

I can definately recommend trying out diving, as it is a great experience. It is something I wish to do again, but haven't found my way to (the issues of money & time). The feel is... awesome :]

My best tip(?): Always stay calm. We had a few drop-outs on our course, the main reason was them not being able to stay calm (for example during the removal of the mask and breather while under water).
Thanks for the tip buddy! Smile I'll keep those in mind.

11-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Find
Solitary Walker Offline

Threads: 9

I have a huge fear of open water. good luck bro

Disregard Everything; Acquire Aesthetics
11-13-2012, 02:17 AM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I hope the experience isn't too kaernky

[Image: p229xcq]
11-13-2012, 02:30 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(11-13-2012, 02:30 AM)Chronofox Wrote: I hope the experience isn't too kaernky
*Waves finger* Chrono~!
[Cue shitty theme song]

Lolsports
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2012, 02:59 AM by failedALIAS.)
11-13-2012, 02:58 AM
Find