Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Chess
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
Chess

A little follow-up on an idea me and BAndrew talked about in the puzzles thread. So anyway, this thread is dedicated to the wonderful sport called Chess (or "the game of life" as I like to call it). It may seem simple but it is incredibly complex with thousands upon thousands of different positions and the theory can get really overwhelming. If you are a beginner chess player and want to become more advanced I recommend watching some YouTube chess videos, especially the ones that focus on the endgame (some good YouTube chess channels are thechesswebsite, MatoJelic and jrobichess just to name a few (these are the only ones I watch regularly)). Anyway, if you haven't already check out chess.com which is by far the best way to play chess online. My username is Ex-mortis if anybody is interested in playing a game.
11-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Chess

(11-15-2012, 08:27 PM)Bridge Wrote: A little follow-up on an idea me and BAndrew talked about in the puzzles thread. So anyway, this thread is dedicated to the wonderful sport called Chess (or "the game of life" as I like to call it). It may seem simple but it is incredibly complex with thousands upon thousands of different positions and the theory can get really overwhelming. If you are a beginner chess player and want to become more advanced I recommend watching some YouTube chess videos, especially the ones that focus on the endgame (some good YouTube chess channels are thechesswebsite, MatoJelic and jrobichess just to name a few (these are the only ones I watch regularly)). Anyway, if you haven't already check out chess.com which is by far the best way to play chess online. My username is Ex-mortis if anybody is interested in playing a game.
I am definetely interesting. I don't consider myself to be a starter nor an advance player. I am somewhere between. This topic is going to be interesting (in my P.O.V.). I like chess, well in fact I love anything that makes you think. I like thinking and use logic very much and I think that's why I find chess interesting.

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2012, 08:42 PM by BAndrew.)
11-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(11-15-2012, 08:39 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 08:27 PM)Bridge Wrote: A little follow-up on an idea me and BAndrew talked about in the puzzles thread. So anyway, this thread is dedicated to the wonderful sport called Chess (or "the game of life" as I like to call it). It may seem simple but it is incredibly complex with thousands upon thousands of different positions and the theory can get really overwhelming. If you are a beginner chess player and want to become more advanced I recommend watching some YouTube chess videos, especially the ones that focus on the endgame (some good YouTube chess channels are thechesswebsite, MatoJelic and jrobichess just to name a few (these are the only ones I watch regularly)). Anyway, if you haven't already check out chess.com which is by far the best way to play chess online. My username is Ex-mortis if anybody is interested in playing a game.
I am definetely interesting. I don't consider myself to be a starter nor an advance player. I am somewhere between. This topic is going to be interesting (in my P.O.V.). I like chess, well in fact I love anything that makes you think. I like thinking and use logic very much and I think that's why I find chess interesting.
Do you have a chess.com account? Maybe we should play a game and post it to get things going.
11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Find
BAndrew Offline

Threads: 23

(11-15-2012, 08:43 PM)Bridge Wrote: Do you have a chess.com account? Maybe we should play a game and post it to get things going.
No I don't have. Wait, I mean I didn't have a few minutes ago (BAndrewFG is my username). It's late here on my country so I can't play tonight. Shall we play tommorow? What time? I am free at 6 pm - 11pm (GMT +0).

•I have found the answer to the universe and everything, but this sign is too small to contain it.

[Image: k2g44ae]

11-15-2012, 08:54 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(11-15-2012, 08:54 PM)BAndrew Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 08:43 PM)Bridge Wrote: Do you have a chess.com account? Maybe we should play a game and post it to get things going.
No I don't have. Wait, I mean I didn't have a few minutes ago (BAndrewFG is my username). It's late here on my country so I can't play tonight. Shall we play tommorow? What time? I am free at 6 pm - 11pm (GMT +0).
Six sounds good, I'll probably be online then.
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I'm mark_xxvi on chess.com. 1250 rating, 15 | 10 for live (I don't play any other type). I play chess on that website a couple of times per week, usually at 10 PM EST.

[Image: p229xcq]
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 12:03 AM by Froge.)
11-16-2012, 12:00 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Just played a rather interesting game. I didn't play as well as I probably should have but I did not make any real blunders as such and I ended up with a nice checkmate. What are your guys thoughts on it?

http://www.chess.com/forum/view/game-ana...ave-though
(This post was last modified: 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM by Bridge.)
11-16-2012, 10:39 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

It's been years since i've played chess. I wouldn't mind playing a game or two.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
11-16-2012, 11:08 PM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

(11-16-2012, 10:39 PM)Bridge Wrote: Just played a rather interesting game. I didn't play as well as I probably should have but I did not make any real blunders as such and I ended up with a nice checkmate. What are your guys thoughts on it?

Not bad. I'm personally not a fan of midgame checkmates, as they are usually due to opponent screwups, but I really liked your strategy in this game. Quite devious and offensive.

[Image: p229xcq]
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(11-17-2012, 12:34 AM)Chronofox Wrote:
(11-16-2012, 10:39 PM)Bridge Wrote: Just played a rather interesting game. I didn't play as well as I probably should have but I did not make any real blunders as such and I ended up with a nice checkmate. What are your guys thoughts on it?

Not bad. I'm personally not a fan of midgame checkmates, as they are usually due to opponent screwups, but I really liked your strategy in this game. Quite devious and offensive.
Yeah, this guy did not play as well as he could have, but I wanted to post the game because I think it has some interesting positions. At least, I've never played in a game with these kinds of dynamics; I really enjoyed it.
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Find