Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
"FEAR AMNESIA" Custom Story Released! 100% Finished
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10
RE: "FEAR AMNESIA" Custom Story Released! UPDATED BUGFIXED!

Spoiler below!
Really laggy, you should've made it into a few seperate maps instead of one big one. The sounds and events are pretty scary though. I don't think it was a good idea to hide the key in the Cleaning Room on top of a box, while I was looking, I moved boxes including the one the key was lying on. Apparently I threw it to the other side of the room >.< Took me a while to find it. The key doesn't work for me though, it says Machine Room, though it doesn't work on any door, even the door that has Machine Room written all over it :/

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 07:13 PM by Tommyboypsp.)
11-18-2012, 07:12 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

Threads: 73

(11-18-2012, 07:12 PM)Tommyboypsp Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Really laggy, you should've made it into a few seperate maps instead of one big one. The sounds and events are pretty scary though. I don't think it was a good idea to hide the key in the Cleaning Room on top of a box, while I was looking, I moved boxes including the one the key was lying on. Apparently I threw it to the other side of the room >.< Took me a while to find it. The key doesn't work for me though, it says Machine Room, though it doesn't work on any door, even the door that has Machine Room written all over it :/

Laggy??
Then you don't have a fast enough pc maybe? .. i'm sorry...
Played with 5 other people yesterday and nothing was happening with lags os slow gameplay...
Anyways, the key for the machinery room PUT IT ON THE "LOCK" THAT'S ON THE DOOR downstairs in the basement!!!
Hoped this is helping you.
BTW... the key will appear in the small room with the big barrel... NOT on top of a box... O_o...
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 07:16 PM by DnALANGE.)
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Currently playing through this, and I'm a bit stuck so I'll head back to it tomorrow.

The atmosphere is super spot-on. The use of dynamically changing BGM really helps a lot here. That put together with the scares made me NOPE! oh so much.

I think there are several issues you should try, and improve on though. For instance, the lighting is sometimes too dark even when there are lights around which just isn't natural. The mapping, and placement of certain statics could also be better.

Thus far, I have to give it a solid 8/10. Good work!

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(11-18-2012, 08:04 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: Currently playing through this, and I'm a bit stuck so I'll head back to it tomorrow.

The atmosphere is super spot-on. The use of dynamically changing BGM really helps a lot here. That put together with the scares made me NOPE! oh so much.

I think there are several issues you should try, and improve on though. For instance, the lighting is sometimes too dark even when there are lights around which just isn't natural. The mapping, and placement of certain statics could also be better.

Thus far, I have to give it a solid 8/10. Good work!

Big Grin Thanks man!
I am glad you liked it!
I hope this kind of setting make people think that there are other ways then flying people to scare people a lot!
I twas a joy to make it!
It is sooo different then others!
I made it dark becasue that would make it more scary..
You have a lamp and... the amnesia sight comes thru by itself.. but i understand what you mean.
Thanks for your reply and i'm happy you like it so far... you will L O V E the ending..
Makes me smile a lot cause of all the quite different scriptings ... not seen so far in any cs yet!

am i true?
Have fun till the ending!
What is BGM?? :O
(This post was last modified: 11-18-2012, 08:35 PM by DnALANGE.)
11-18-2012, 08:33 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

I sort of discovered a bug that can happen if the player decides to try, and be a smart-ass:

Spoiler below!
There will be FEAR music playing on the ground floor which will turn off when you go to the second floor, be followed by a sound effect, and then start playing another song. If you jump off the railway from the second floor to the first floor, it confuses the script somewhat, and the music won't act as intended.

Oh, and as another point the moment I heard the FEAR music on the ground floor, it took me out of the game for just a bit, because I went all "Wait...I know where this is from lol"

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Find
DnALANGE Offline
Banned

(11-18-2012, 08:37 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: I sort of discovered a bug that can happen if the player decides to try, and be a smart-ass:

Spoiler below!
There will be FEAR music playing on the ground floor which will turn off when you go to the second floor, be followed by a sound effect, and then start playing another song. If you jump off the railway from the second floor to the first floor, it confuses the script somewhat, and the music won't act as intended.

Oh, and as another point the moment I heard the FEAR music on the ground floor, it took me out of the game for just a bit, because I went all "Wait...I know where this is from lol"
I hope the last part is that is was the purpose of what i want it to be Wink
I know... i am going to place some blcokboxes there..
thought really people couldn't jump it... i thought it was too high Tongue I'm Sorry!!!
Some more issues or you like it? it is different then useual so you think?
11-18-2012, 08:40 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Spoiler below!
(11-18-2012, 07:15 PM)dnalange Wrote: Anyways, the key for the machinery room PUT IT ON THE "LOCK" THAT'S ON THE DOOR downstairs in the basement!!!
I tried it on the lock, the door and every other door at least twice.
Quote:BTW... the key will appear in the small room with the big barrel... NOT on top of a box... O_o...
Then where did in the room it spawn? It was on the other side of the room, along with the boxes Tongue

Maybe the lagg is my computer's fault, though I've played over 75 Custom Stories lagg-free. But the computer is acting strange lately..
Your map is still big, I still suggest spreading it in different maps.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
11-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Find