Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Work in progress My WIP Amnesia Custom Story
Pshyched Offline

Threads: 21
My WIP Amnesia Custom Story

This is a bit funny actually. I just started creating something in the HPL Editor, and slowly but surely ended up with what I have below. Right now I do not have a story at all, I have got ideas for what i could do with it, but I would like to hear what people think of what I have made so far. I can keep updating this Post with future screenshots showcasing the custom story as it is developed.

[Image: amnesiawip.jpg]

[Image: amnesiawip2.jpg]

I am hoping to get most of it done till Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, therefore I can finish the outdoor environments.
11-18-2012, 02:56 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

RE: My WIP Amnesia Custom Story

Yeah Definetly. I will be adding more detail into it the later on i go.
11-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

I took a screenshot of the outside building in-game. Thoughts?
[Image: amnesia2012112000185367.jpg]
11-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70

Looks pretty good from what I see so far!

I know that this is because it's a WIP, but don't forget to add a skybox, and ground texture to the map! Also, as Robo said, you can add a bit of detail to spice it up.

If you're really confident in your abilities, you could even try tearing down the "symmetrical-feel" of the map by adding intense changes to either the left, or right side of the building. Of course if you're going for a "refined, and/or organized" feel for your building, I don't recommend you try this.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
11-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Thanks Kreekakon!

Yeah, I'm just doing detailing ATM so i haven't laid the flooring for the garden out front yet. I like to idea of changes to the symmetrical feel, but I don't know if it would change the effect of what it looks like... Not sure really. Even less sure of what i could add/change Lol.
11-19-2012, 05:38 PM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

[Image: j4P6K.png]
Something you could add, if you're able to decipher it.

You could add some "broken parts", then use wooden beams to create scaffolds with ropes (+ other details) hanging from them - as if there was a construction work going on which was aborted. I'd also exaggerate the lighting from the windows, give it billboards etc.

Edit: Combine above with:
[Image: JHO7t.png]

Some vegetation and fog/mist. Trees can be aquired from:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-13619.html

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM by Acies.)
11-19-2012, 05:59 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

I love the architecture on this castle. Most castles I see in custom stories don't look very good. This one looks real and believable.

My only suggestion, apart from what the people above me posted, would be to add some lights to the top of the castle wall and the towers, basically any place where people can walk.

^(;,;)^
11-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Find
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79

Can someone take the time to remove the brightness off the windows? They show up in the darkness, and aren't really good for dark, night time scenes.

I'd like to see some mountain backdrop, and a forest surrounding the castle, shrouded in fog. Smile
11-20-2012, 03:37 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

Thanks for the responses guys, It's given me quite a few ideas to work with.

I agree with the window lighting, Maybe If i cover some of them, and light the rest with candle light, or fake light... Not sure..
11-20-2012, 07:06 AM
Find
Pshyched Offline

I thank you so much for everyone's input, I was at work today So i replied above whilst there.
I took in everyone's advice, and I and I added tree's and the foggy look to it, I wasn't so sure of what an effect it has on the castle itself. And i was pleasantly surprised.

Here is an update with the Fog and tree's. I hope you enjoy Smile

[Image: amnesiawip3.jpg]

[Image: amnesiawip2.jpg]

[Image: amnesiawip1.jpg]
11-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Find