Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Timesplitters HD Collection Petition
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39
Exclamation  Timesplitters HD Collection Petition

If you know Timesplitters, sign this petition for the release of a HD collection!!!
https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/c...tion#share

Timesplitters has been one of my fav PS2 games, we fans cannot let it sink just like that.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 08:42 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 08:41 PM
Website Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: If you know Timesplitters

Hate to break this to you but petitions are meaningless. Send the Timesplitters devs an email and tell your friends to do the same and may you stand a better chance of them actually listening to you, but in the end they are not going to spend money on this if the demand is negligible.
12-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: Timesplitters HD Collection Petition

Actually, Cervet Yeli Himself told people to do this Petition, he really wants Crytek UK to redo the old 'splitters games in HD, so Crytek Uk can then do Timesplitters 4 without having to change the gameplay to that of a "modern shooter, wich wouldnt suit timesplitters at all" (hence its current cancellation), like EA's Marketing Department is currently demanding.

However, Evil Alliance absolutely REFUSES to greenlight the collection unless they can get proof of at least 100,000 sales confirmed sales, because they dont want to take budget from "more modern, more accessible, mass selling franchises", hence this petition, it reaches 100,000, EA has to greenlight TSHD, it sells enough units (2,000,000) and crytek UK can put TS4 into production as they will be able to keep the "goldeneye 64" type gameplay, were as at the moment EA wants them to make TS4 a "modern shooter", (regenerating health,"bloody screen! so real", 2 gun limit, quick time events, lots of "gritty" swearing, expanding crosshairs, limited duration sprint, Aim Down Sites, Squad Combat, cover systems, the splitters being created by the soviets, focus on "authenticity", yadda, all unsuitable for TS) to compete with Halo, Call Of Duty, etc. you know, the franchises EA seem to be unhealthily obsessed with competing against with, according to critics, vastly inferior titles.

Hence its current "indefinate postponement" (aka, cancellation) as crytek uk knows that a "modern shooter" timesplitters would fail to sell well, as it would anger the classic 'splitters fans, and fail to attract new ones as it would be "too goofy" for the modern shooter audience who want more "realistic" titles such as call of duty, battlefield, numoh, etc.. i think crytek are being very sensible about this. hence, they have my support.

story is on Eurogamer, sadly, i cant find the link, so you will have to search i am afraid.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 09:12 PM by the dark side.)
12-03-2012, 08:51 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

(12-03-2012, 08:51 PM)the dark side Wrote: Actually, Cervet Yeli Himself told people to do this Petition, he really wants Crytek UK to redo the old 'splitters games in HD, so Crytek Uk can then do Timesplitters 4 without having to change the gameplay to that of a "modern shooter, wich wouldnt suit timesplitters at all" (hence its current cancellation), like EA's Marketing Department is currently demanding.

However, Evil Alliance absolutely REFUSES to greenlight the collection unless they can get proof of at least 100,000 sales confirmed sales, because they dont want to take budget from "more modern, more accessible, mass selling franchises", hence this petition, it reaches 100,000, EA has to greenlight TSHD, it sells enough units (2,000,000) and crytek UK can put TS4 into production as they will be able to keep the "goldeneye 64" type gameplay, were as at the moment EA wants them to make TS4 a "modern shooter", (regenerating health,"bloody screen! so real", 2 gun limit, quick time events, lots of "gritty" swearing, expanding crosshairs, limited duration sprint, Aim Down Sites, Squad Combat, cover systems, the splitters being created by the soviets, focus on "authenticity", yadda, all unsuitable for TS) to compete with Halo, Call Of Duty, etc. you know, the franchises EA seem to be unhealthily obsessed with competing against with, according to critics, vastly inferior titles.

Hence its current "indefinate postponement" (aka, cancellation) as crytek uk knows that a "modern shooter" timesplitters would fail to sell well, as it would anger the classic 'splitters fans, and fail to attract new ones as it would be "too goofy" for the modern shooter audience who want more "realistic" titles such as call of duty, battlefield, numoh, etc.. i think crytek are being very sensible about this. hence, they have my support.

story is on Eurogamer, sadly, i cant find the link, so you will have to search i am afraid.
EA SHOULDN'T TOUCH TIMESPLITTERS IN ANY WAY.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 09:27 PM by Hardarm.)
12-03-2012, 09:26 PM
Website Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

i know, but, they still have the rights from when they published Timesplitters: Future Perfect. they also have shares in Crytek, the company that now owns the former "Free Radical".

the sad thing is, as bad as EA are, none of the others are any better, even if it went back to Eidos, they would want it to be a "modern shooter", as the marketing departments of all the companies are OBSESSED with making games "authentic" and "Accessible", hence the sheer glut of "authentic modern shooters". so, no matter who had the timesplitters liscence, baring Rockstar Games or Devolver Digital, who still beleive that classic shooters can still sell well, Timesplitters would still be facing the "make it a modern shooter for the casual gamers, or we wont greenlight it" marketing issue,. beleive me, i have had More than enough encounters with greedy marketing divisions the last 6 years to know just how stupid they are,.

you see, they are businessmen who think only in "profit margins", so, they dont care about a brands history, or what its classic fans want, oh no, they want new gamers, and they want to take on the current industry heavyweights, call of duty and halo, and to them, the only way to do that is to clone those titles, 100% carbon. so what if it angers the old fans and betrays the franchise history?, all they can see is getting the massive IGN scores and legions of casual gamers that call of duty or battlefield gets for being "authentic" (read, unplayable) and Accessible (read, dumbed down casual), and then they cant beleive it when they get a 3.0 "abysmal" from IGN and no sales because the classic fans, who often are like me and cannot STAND modern shooter mechanics get angry at being stabbed in the back and walk away, and the modern fans they sook to get dont go for it because it doesnt have the "golden" name of there favourite shooter franchise, be it COD/Halo/Battlefield/ whatever, plastered on the box,.

so the publishers money people, upset at loosing money on the title instead of minting it, and unwilling to beleive that it hasnt sold becuase they didnt make the game people wanted and instead blame it on the developer, so, to recoup the lost money, they fire the poor developer who did nothing wrong other than following the orders of stupid people who think they know best because they have a marketing degree from some backwater USA polytechnic.

its a terrible mess, and sadly, ALL the big publishers, EA, Activision, Ubisoft, 2k, Eidos/Enix, they all think the same way, so no matter who had the rights to Timesplitters, bar devolver digital or rockstar, it would have the same issues it faces at Evil Alliance.

As thats just the games industry today. its not run by gamers anymore like it was in the '90s. its run by greedy money hungry businessmen, who dont even Play videogames themselves, so they dont care about them, they care only for a fast buck, and dont care if they run the industry into the ground again, in order to make that fast buck, just like it was in '81. we all know what happened in '82. and sadly, i think its gonna happen again, perhaps then Ts4 wont have as many issues as there will be less casual gamers around, and more older/experienced gamers, who will want games like "they used to be" and more indipendant small publishers run by gamers with the guts to provide them as they will care more about games than money, but sadly, we will just have to wait until then, and just hope this petition allows us to get TSHD to tide us over until the crunch.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM by the dark side.)
12-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Find