Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
The Seed (RELEASE)
ShiningBlader Offline

Threads: 1
RE: The Seed (RELEASE)

here is the error that appears when the game crashes after I enter trough the door after blowing the rocks

Spoiler below!
FATAL ERROR: Could not load world file 'custom_stories/The Seed 1.0/maps/.map'

Alright found ANOTHER bug...

Spoiler below!
So I decided to blow the rocks that were close to the place where you find the powder and found another door. leading to the elevator hall

Therefore, I think the player IS NOT supposed to explode the rocks close to the gardens, not at this point that is, since it will lead to a door that will crash the game.

Got to the elevator hall and found another lantern on the ground. Was that supposed to be there?

Finally, I placed barrels on the 2 pressure switches on the machinery, deleting the "you need pressure things" entrance on the mementos (which makes me believe that I completed the puzzle... right?). However, the door still won't open and I don't know what else I should do.

Fix all that please.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2012, 01:56 PM by ShiningBlader.)
12-17-2012, 01:41 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

(12-17-2012, 01:41 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: here is the error that appears when the game crashes after I enter trough the door after blowing the rocks

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
So I decided to blow the rocks that were close to the place where you find the powder and found another door. leading to the elevator hall

Therefore, I think the player IS NOT supposed to explode the rocks close to the gardens, not at this point that is, since it will lead to a door that will crash the game.

Got to the elevator hall and found another lantern on the ground. Was that supposed to be there?

Finally, I placed barrels on the 2 pressure switches on the machinery, deleting the "you need pressure things" entrance on the mementos (which makes me believe that I completed the puzzle... right?). However, the door still won't open and I don't know what else I should do.

Fix all that please.
Spoiler below!
The player is supposed to choose a path. This crash error don't happen here. Could you check if there's any map.cache in the maps/ folder? And have you installed justine after you reinstalled amnesia?
And about the lantern, it was removed in the first version of the map...
Another thing, the barrels are placed correctly? You need to put then on the middle of the pressure plate.

Due to all the bugs you are finding, i will retest the map in another computer (since all works fine here) and release another version today if i find errors.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2012, 04:49 PM by str4wberrypanic.)
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

(12-17-2012, 04:37 PM)str4wberrypanic Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 01:41 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote: here is the error that appears when the game crashes after I enter trough the door after blowing the rocks

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

Fix all that please.
Spoiler below!
The player is supposed to choose a path. This crash error don't happen here. Could you check if there's any map.cache in the maps/ folder? And have you installed justine after you reinstalled amnesia?
Another thing, the barrels are placed correctly? You need to put then on the middle of the pressure plate.

Due to all the bugs you are finding, i will retest the map in another computer (since all works fine here) and release another version today if i find errors.
Spoiler below!
The folder doesn't have any cache files. Only .map and .hps

The Justine DLC comes automatically with the original amnesia if you download it from steam. I just flew from a suitor in another CS before writing this so I know that the Justine files are there.

Spoiler below!
The pressure puzzle doesn't seem to work so I used a glitch in the game that lets you go through a door if you make a barrel roll towards you, pushing you through.

Nothing wrong with the second puzzle at the machinery (the one with the lever)

btw, the brute broke the locked door so I managed to go back

Used the elevator

Down there, there was another lantern

Completed the bridges puzzle. No problem so far... everything working fine...

On the next map, there was another lantern and another crowbar. Seeing how I already got one, was this here for tests as well?

btw, the part where you follow the grunt was genius! Really liked it

Went down the hole...

And there is this locked metal door here, in the direction that the brute went. Where is the key?

Spoiler below!
btw, there was ANOTHER lantern in that section where you have to follow the grunt. Search it with the level editor. It is close to a door.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2012, 06:22 PM by ShiningBlader.)
12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

(12-17-2012, 05:26 PM)ShiningBlader Wrote:
(12-17-2012, 04:37 PM)str4wberrypanic Wrote:

Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!

Fix all that please.
Spoiler below!

Spoiler below!
The folder doesn't have any cache files. Only .map and .hps

The Justine DLC comes automatically with the original amnesia if you download it from steam. I just flew from a suitor in another CS before writing this so I know that the Justine files are there.

Spoiler below!
The pressure puzzle doesn't seem to work so I used a glitch in the game that lets you go through a door if you make a barrel roll towards you, pushing you through.

Nothing wrong with the second puzzle at the machinery (the one with the lever)

btw, the brute broke the locked door so I managed to go back

Used the elevator

Down there, there was another lantern

Completed the bridges puzzle. No problem so far... everything working fine...

On the next map, there was another lantern and another crowbar. Seeing how I already got one, was this here for tests as well?

btw, the part where you follow the grunt was genius! Really liked it

Went down the hole...

And there is this locked metal door here, in the direction that the brute went. Where is the key?

Spoiler below!
btw, there was ANOTHER lantern in that section where you have to follow the grunt. Search it with the level editor. It is close to a door.
Spoiler below!
Dude, i've removed every lantern of the map before releasing it, why would they still be there? But anyway, i'm testing it. About the key, search for a movable brick in one of the cells.

12-18-2012, 12:13 AM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

Did you ever fix the script problem in the lab?

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
12-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Find
ShiningBlader Offline

So, dude I've decided to download the level editor and started looking for bugs within these maps

Spoiler below!

The door that crashes the game doesn't lead anywhere. It doesn't have a mapfile nor a startpos

I'm also removing the lanterns and the crowbar from these maps

So far, couldn't figure it out why the pressure puzzle at the elevator hall isn't working

12-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Dabro, i've fixed it. You can download the recent version in the links in the first page.

(This post was last modified: 12-18-2012, 06:15 PM by str4wberrypanic.)
12-18-2012, 06:14 PM
Find
Brosive Offline

Threads: 9

Ok, thanks.

[Image: avenged_sevenfold_banner_by_pngsforfree-d48nxnc.gif]
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Find
HumiliatioN Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 64

This is really bugged story, first it was nice to start without any troubles, but I have been stuck a lot of times and make "In editor" some changes to make it playable like this:

Spoiler below!
When you climb through that hatch and re-enter dining hall after you have visited "In main hall" this hatch is locked up and can't open it anymore

Spoiler below!
Hammer and chipper combine not working in the archives.

Spoiler below!
I can't find that explosive material only glass jar behind that secret passage, how to proceed and explode those rocks? I have to skip this part and progress teleporting other side.

Spoiler below!
Why Pressure plates are not working, argh I tried everything here and give up totally.

Frustrating to play stories like this, not tested so many times or not at all, how many beta testers you have used? Really many annoying problems which makes players go crazy and rage quit, period! Fix those and maybe I will continue it later and give you last chance to play this. For now, It's unplayable it's a shame.

“Life is a game, play it”
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

(12-18-2012, 06:27 PM)HumiliatioN Wrote: This is really bugged story, first it was nice to start without any troubles, but I have been stuck a lot of times and make "In editor" some changes to make it playable like this:

Spoiler below!
When you climb through that hatch and re-enter dining hall after you have visited "In main hall" this hatch is locked up and can't open it anymore

Spoiler below!
Hammer and chipper combine not working in the archives.

Spoiler below!
I can't find that explosive material only glass jar behind that secret passage, how to proceed and explode those rocks? I have to skip this part and progress teleporting other side.

Spoiler below!
Why Pressure plates are not working, argh I tried everything here and give up totally.

Frustrating to play stories like this, not tested so many times or not at all, how many beta testers you have used? Really many annoying problems which makes players go crazy and rage quit, period! Fix those and maybe I will continue it later and give you last chance to play this. For now, It's unplayable it's a shame.
Spoiler below!

It's pretty clear you haven't downloaded the 1.0.1 version. The hatch bug is fixed, the explosives materials are in " Dinning Hall ", in a chest in " Main Hall " and in the " Garden ". One of the players of this CS, ShiningBlader was having the same problem with hammer and chipper. He reinstalled Amnesia and it worked fine. And about the pressure plates, they are working fine in my PC, but some peoples are complaining about it, so i'm gonna test it again in another computer. This CS is not a shame, i would like a little more respect, since it take months to do and got really big. It's normal having some bugs, so i will fix them and release new versions if necessary.

12-18-2012, 10:54 PM
Find