Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Admit One
Cuyir Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Admit One

(10-05-2013, 05:15 AM)Kia Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 12:27 AM)Cuyir Wrote:
Spoiler below!
I like having stuff in my mouth and playing with stuff with my mouth, lips and tongue. Also, i'll inb4rudejokes right now Sad It's a weird tic/habit/something. When i'm doing anything (doing homework, reading, playing videogames, ANYTHING) and I have something near me that my mind categorizes as ''good enough'' I pick it up and begin playing with it, in my mouth.
Example, as I typed this, i've been moving a broken paperclip in my mouth. Letting it hang on my bottom lip, turning it over with my tongue...etc. I used to chew pencils but the really gross taste beat out my tic. Replaced pens and pencils with "flavorless" items (like the paperclip). I also bite my nails and fingers. I don't know why but I like the feel of biting nails and fingers and playing around with stuff in my mouth >_>
I feel it's a great stress reliever. If i'm in a public space and I get the urge and suppress it I sometimes get a bit uneasy. Not a smoker, surprisingly enough, though I DID love those old school fake candy cigarettes stores sold.
It's actually an incredible stress reliever to bite/chew things (... I definitely don't bite things, nope - and I definitely don't prefer chomping on headphones and icecubes - and most certainly never in public). I'm pretty sure it's not super unhealthy (excluding possibly being electrocuted or ending up with poisoning) unless you start biting on yourself to inflict pain. Then that's something you might want to stop before it gets too serious (because that's considered self harm).

TL;DR - I'm pretty sure chewing on things is normal - kids do it, stressed out people do it, we buy things for babies so they can do it without injuring themselves, you're not doing too bad c:

I don't bite electronics, my mind goes ''WEE WOO WEEE WOO WEE WOO, DON'T".

Icecubes are my ''public chewing'' items. Nobody seems to mind.

I bite my fingers and hands but not to inflict damage. It just...feels good >_>

Never hurt myself doing so.
10-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(10-05-2013, 12:08 PM)Kman Wrote: you know those times where you randomly just think something really horrible that you'd never do but your mind kind of just jumps to it on it's own like if you're at a subway thinking "i could push someone onto the tracks right now" or while your driving something like "i could smash this car into oncoming traffic by just twisting my hand" etc etc

yeah well apparently those are called intrusive thoughts and when paired with OCD they can consume your mind and you end up applying them to every situation and you can't not see everything through the lense of "how could i seriously fuck up everything i this situation"

yeah well i have mild OCD and there was like a 6-8 month period a few months ago where that sorta shit was all i could think about constantly and i was like 70% sure i was actually a sociopath or something for a while and it was terrifying and i didn't realize that that sort of occurrence can be linked to OCD until earlier this week so yeah i was convinced i just lost my mind for a while

was pretty terrible and i haven't really talked about it with anyone up until i found that out earlier for p obvious reasons

My brothers OCD is quite similar, he thinks that if he doesn't do all his rituals, patterns and counting then bad things will happen. As for knowing the opportunity to do bad things with choice not quite so much. He tries his best to prevent them.

[Image: luv.gif]
10-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(10-05-2013, 12:08 PM)Kman Wrote: you know those times where you randomly just think something really horrible that you'd never do but your mind kind of just jumps to it on it's own like if you're at a subway thinking "i could push someone onto the tracks right now" or while your driving something like "i could smash this car into oncoming traffic by just twisting my hand" etc etc

yeah well apparently those are called intrusive thoughts and when paired with OCD they can consume your mind and you end up applying them to every situation and you can't not see everything through the lense of "how could i seriously fuck up everything i this situation"

yeah well i have mild OCD and there was like a 6-8 month period a few months ago where that sorta shit was all i could think about constantly and i was like 70% sure i was actually a sociopath or something for a while and it was terrifying and i didn't realize that that sort of occurrence can be linked to OCD until earlier this week so yeah i was convinced i just lost my mind for a while

was pretty terrible and i haven't really talked about it with anyone up until i found that out earlier for p obvious reasons

holy shit, that's what it is!

(10-05-2013, 08:50 PM)Wooderson Wrote: My brothers OCD is quite similar, he thinks that if he doesn't do all his rituals, patterns and counting then bad things will happen. As for knowing the opportunity to do bad things with choice not quite so much. He tries his best to prevent them.

I thought I was alone...
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2013, 09:14 PM by Tiger.)
10-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Find
Mechavomit Offline

Threads: 0

(10-05-2013, 07:02 PM)Cuyir Wrote: I bite my fingers and hands but not to inflict damage. It just...feels good >_>

I've been biting and picking my fingers ever since I was little. So they are always sore and bleeding around the nails. It gets worse when I'm stressed.

And I don't have enough self-control to stop.
10-05-2013, 09:15 PM
Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

One of my many OCDs: light switches.
Before I leave home, I have to make sure they are all switched off. Yes, I know all lights are off, but... I still... need... to check... Blush

10-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(10-05-2013, 09:15 PM)Mechavomit Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 07:02 PM)Cuyir Wrote: I bite my fingers and hands but not to inflict damage. It just...feels good >_>

I've been biting and picking my fingers ever since I was little. So they are always sore and bleeding around the nails. It gets worse when I'm stressed.

And I don't have enough self-control to stop.

Funny you say that. Ever since I could remember I would do the same. Sometimes i'd bite ALL the nail off of my fingers so it's just as my brother calls it a "stump". Sometimes it would really hurt, but I had mostly gotten used to doing it.

A lot of people bite nails under stress, but I found it was limiting how long I could fingerpick/strum without a pick on my guitar. The past month I found a substitute for biting my nails/fingers. DECK OF CARDS.

Whenever i'm at the computer or anywhere at home I shuffle my deck of cards. It really works. I have nails like I could never remember, and it's quite nice.

[Image: luv.gif]
10-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(10-05-2013, 09:31 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: One of my many OCDs: light switches.
Before I leave home, I have to make sure they are all switched off. Yes, I know all lights are off, but... I still... need... to check... Blush

You should just turn off the electric at the mains switch when you leave the house XD

I'm not sure if this counts as OCD, but when I was younger, I would inhale a lot while looking at people I liked, and would exhale a lot when looking at people I didn't like.

For instance, if I was talking to someone I didn't like and was looking at their face, I'd breathe out with no problem, but if I needed to breathe in I'd have to move my eyes off their face to something else otherwise I'd feel like I was inhaling shit-fumes or something equally noxious. Vice versa with people I liked; I'd take huge gulping breaths when looking at friends or loved ones but would feel it was some sort of insult or disrespect to breath out while my eyes were set on their faces.

You can imagine how difficult my life became when I had to perform CPR on my ex-girlfriend.
10-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(10-05-2013, 02:12 PM)nemesis567 Wrote: Seems like some of you have what is medically considered as a mental problem of sorts(if what you say is true). I highly advise those of you who feel a bit off to visit a psychologist for advice. Acceptance won't bring you anything new, but will keep you inside the loop. What do you have to loose?
Feeling ok doesn't mean you can't feel better. The hardest path is always the most rewarding one.

No disrespect at all. My intentions are the best.

i get what yer saying here but like i said it's really not a whole lot of a problem for me anymore. after a while i started learning coping mechanisms to ignore it or see things in a different way and over time it's pretty much totally gone away. even with that said when it was a huge issue for me it was never like i ever wanted to do any of that shit, i was well aware they're all really terrible thoughts and i'd never actually do any of them (or wanted to do any of them for that matter).

you can even look it up (just search like OCD linked with intrusive thoughts i guess idk), it's not actually that uncommon of an occurrence and if people who have issues with it know how to deal with their OCD and avoid situations where intrusive thoughts may cause them issues (which i do) it's not really a problem

Posting Freak
10-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Website Find
Ashtoreth Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 6

(10-05-2013, 09:41 PM)Paddy Wrote:
(10-05-2013, 09:31 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: One of my many OCDs: light switches.

You should just turn off the electric at the mains switch when you leave the house XD

I know you only eat canned food and chocolate, but ever heard of refrigerators? Rolleyes

10-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Find
Paddy™ Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 43

(10-05-2013, 09:53 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: I know you only eat canned food and chocolate, but ever heard of refrigerators? Rolleyes

Sad why you must hurt feels?
10-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Find