Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Entity Doesn't work
batass Offline

Threads: 3
Sound Entity Doesn't work

Hello,

I copy the sound "ambience_haunting.ogg" and "ambience_haunting.snt" from Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/sounds/ambiance and paste it in Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/custom_stories/mymap/sounds.
In HPL Level Editor, I use the "sounds (5)" tool and put this sound in my map, right in the place where I appear in the game.
When I select it, I can see that his name is "Sound_1", it's active, there is nothing written in the "Sound Entity File" square, "Use Default" is checked, Distance is min=1/max=5 and volume=1.
Here is the .sng file I use:

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ambience_haunting" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="0.5" MinDistance="0" MaxDistance="0" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="True" Loop="True" Use3D="False" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

The problem is: When I Play my Custom Story, I can hear my footsteps, my heartbeat when there's no lightning, etc..., but I can't hear my sound.
Do I forget something?

Thank You and sorry for my english.
12-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Sound Entity Doesn't work

(12-20-2012, 07:01 PM)batass Wrote: Hello,

I copy the sound "ambience_haunting.ogg" and "ambience_haunting.snt" from Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/sounds/ambiance and paste it in Amnesia.app/Contents/Resources/custom_stories/mymap/sounds.
In HPL Level Editor, I use the "sounds (5)" tool and put this sound in my map, right in the place where I appear in the game.
When I select it, I can see that his name is "Sound_1", it's active, there is nothing written in the "Sound Entity File" square, "Use Default" is checked, Distance is min=1/max=5 and volume=1.
Here is the .sng file I use:

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ambience_haunting" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="0.5" MinDistance="0" MaxDistance="0" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="True" Loop="True" Use3D="False" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.5" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

The problem is: When I Play my Custom Story, I can hear my footsteps, my heartbeat when there's no lightning, etc..., but I can't hear my sound.
Do I forget something?

Thank You and sorry for my english.

Yes, you forgot to do something:

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="ambience_haunting.ogg" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
</SOUNDENTITY>

And, is .snt, not sng

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-20-2012, 07:08 PM
Find
batass Offline

Thank you for your response. I changed the .snt file.

It's now:

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
</SOUNDENTITY>

But unfortunately, there is still the same issue. I can't here the sound.
Is there anything I forget?

Thanks.
12-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(12-20-2012, 07:01 PM)batass Wrote: there is nothing written in the "Sound Entity File" square

I'm pretty sure that if you want a sound, then there should be something in the "Sound Entity File"

Trying is the first step to success.
12-21-2012, 06:46 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
   <Main>
      <Sound File="<font 9pt:normal/auto;;rgb(255, 0, 0);;inherit>ambience_haunting.ogg</font> " />
       </Main>
   </SOUNDS>
   <PROPERTIES Volume="5" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="50" Random="0" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="false" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="5" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

Try this one. Fresh from the =sounds]wiki Wink

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
12-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Find
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(12-21-2012, 11:01 AM)The chaser Wrote:
<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
   <Main>
       </Main>
   </SOUNDS>
   <PROPERTIES Volume="5" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="50" Random="0" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="false" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="5" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

Try this one. Fresh from the =sounds]wiki Wink

Fixed ^

You had some color codes in there Wink

Trying is the first step to success.
12-21-2012, 11:22 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

What? That's just from the wiki and worked perfectly for me 0_0

Ok, it's:

<SOUNDENTITY>
  <SOUNDS>
      <Main>
          <Sound File="YourStory/Sounds/Soundsfolder/Sound.ogg" />
      </Main>
  </SOUNDS>
  <PROPERTIES Volume="5" MinDistance="1" MaxDistance="10" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="True" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.8" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)

Aculy iz dolan.
12-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Find
batass Offline

It still doesn't work.

With the "sounds tool (5)" I select the sound I want by clicking on the grey square next to "sound file". Then the name of the sound is written in the white square.

After that, I place the sound where I want in the map and as soon as I click and place it, if I look at the tab "Sound", I can see that the white square of "Sound Entity File" is blank. And if I click on the grey square (...) next to it, re-select the sound and click on "load" the white square remains blank.

Is it normal?

Thanks.

PS: The issue is the same if I don't choose a custom sound. Even with the sounds taken directly from the "sounds" folder of Amnesia's Resources.
12-21-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

i had a problem like this with a sound
problem was it had the same name, so mine was ignored, the original ran instead
so i changed its name. file name, reference inside the .snt, etc. and it worked

12-31-2012, 04:18 AM
Find