Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Amnesia - A Laugh in the Darkness Chapter 3
Skashi Away
Pirate

Threads: 28
RE: Amnesia - A Laugh in the Darkness Chapter 3

(12-23-2012, 02:45 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 12:44 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 12:03 PM)Robosprog Wrote: .. Am I THE ONLY ONE HERE WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS TERRISHIT? D:
Seriously Skashi, is the word story not in your vocabulary?
The mapping was bad, with obvious mistakes, not much detail and just boring in general, the story was basically non-existent, and even then, the scares were bad and just jumpscares.
You do not improve at all, it seems.

ok

i said ok, got it?
12-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Find
Hardarm Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 39

This is Skashi and his lovely understanding for the constructive criticism.

listen to boards of canada
(This post was last modified: 12-23-2012, 02:56 PM by Hardarm.)
12-23-2012, 02:56 PM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(12-23-2012, 02:56 PM)Hardarm Wrote: This is Skashi and his lovely understanding for the constructive criticism.

i'm just accepting his critism.
nothing else
12-23-2012, 03:05 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

I'm going to be completely honest with you right now Skashi, you could make the most well thought out high quality custom story ever made and regardless of that you're still going to have a crowd of people here that will think it's absolute horse shit. Not saying that I'm one of them, after a certain point I just stopped caring about all this shit and just ignored jumpscare maps when they showed up (well, that's not entirely true, I would peak in them every once in a while just to watch Corinthian smash his head against his keyboard in rage for teh lulz, but other than that I ignored them), so I wouldn't really be able to judge any of them since I never play them. But because of how much damage the House of Creep series did to the modding community I can't blame people for still being angry with you, and as a result every time you release a story I can pretty much guarantee you you're going to get at least 1 or 2 pissed off rants from frequent members here about how terrible your story is. I'm not necessarily saying that means you should stop modding (I'd be very happy to see a well rounded and polished story by you in the future, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen), just that if you're pouring tons and tons of time into each of these I wouldn't really expect a lot in response.

Posting Freak
12-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Website Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(12-24-2012, 08:34 AM)Kman Wrote: I'm going to be completely honest with you right now Skashi, you could make the most well thought out high quality custom story ever made and regardless of that you're still going to have a crowd of people here that will think it's absolute horse shit. Not saying that I'm one of them, after a certain point I just stopped caring about all this shit and just ignored jumpscare maps when they showed up (well, that's not entirely true, I would peak in them every once in a while just to watch Corinthian smash his head against his keyboard in rage for teh lulz, but other than that I ignored them), so I wouldn't really be able to judge any of them since I never play them. But because of how much damage the House of Creep series did to the modding community I can't blame people for still being angry with you, and as a result every time you release a story I can pretty much guarantee you you're going to get at least 1 or 2 pissed off rants from frequent members here about how terrible your story is. I'm not necessarily saying that means you should stop modding (I'd be very happy to see a well rounded and polished story by you in the future, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen), just that if you're pouring tons and tons of time into each of these I wouldn't really expect a lot in response.

yeah i already noticed that, but i don't care.
I have enough people who enjoy my stories and that is enough for me :3
12-24-2012, 09:32 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Guys, we all know skashi is too stubborn and no matter what you say, unless it's praise, he's not going to care. If he wants to make these things, let him. I don't like them because of my standards, but if people enjoy them, let them play it. stop trying to give skashi criticism. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. You're only bumping something you don't want. Stop arguing about these. Seriously.
12-24-2012, 05:19 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(12-24-2012, 05:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: Guys, we all know skashi is too stubborn and no matter what you say, unless it's praise, he's not going to care. If he wants to make these things, let him. I don't like them because of my standards, but if people enjoy them, let them play it. stop trying to give skashi criticism. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. You're only bumping something you don't want. Stop arguing about these. Seriously.

i never said that. I like every kind of critism.
if someone says i could change anything, I mostly do it.
12-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Find
Skashi Away
Pirate

(12-24-2012, 09:32 PM)Robosprog Wrote:
(12-24-2012, 05:31 PM)Skashi Wrote:
(12-24-2012, 05:19 PM)Statyk Wrote: Guys, we all know skashi is too stubborn and no matter what you say, unless it's praise, he's not going to care. If he wants to make these things, let him. I don't like them because of my standards, but if people enjoy them, let them play it. stop trying to give skashi criticism. If you don't like it, don't comment on it. You're only bumping something you don't want. Stop arguing about these. Seriously.

i never said that. I like every kind of critism.
if someone says i could change anything, I mostly do it.
Get someone to make a good story for you and don't use jumpscares anymore.

noes, i stopped with pointless jumpscares like flying naked people an stuff, but i will never stop general jumpscares.
12-24-2012, 09:57 PM
Find
CorinthianMerchant Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 84

Seriously Skashi, by now (I assume that) you have enough experience with the level editor to make an above-mediocre quality Custom Story. If you are too lazy to do that, I suggest you quit making custom stories.

Still hasn't gotten over the loss of wubwub...
12-24-2012, 10:07 PM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Skashi makes what he wants to make, now move on.
12-24-2012, 10:09 PM
Find