Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress Creating a Monster...want opinions
Bronzedragon316 Offline

Threads: 5
Creating a Monster...want opinions

Hi there! I'm going to attempt to create an enemy (I know I will most likely end up aging myself 20 years while trying to make it, but I want to give it a try none the less)

My idea for the story I'm building is this. I already have the voices for the monster I'll post a link to the files.

http://www.mediafire.com/?3139bniz69amggw

All sounds are done by me with editing, one is however taken from the internet and edited you will easily be able to spot it. I made these files to replace the Grunt sounds. If you want to you could copy the grunt sound files and replace the original with these files and it will replace the Grunt's voice. If need be I can make a newer version of the voice if people really want to replace the Grunt. It can also replace the Brute with some word editing if you want.

Anyway, I was hoping to create an Enemy that was...Human. Not completely morphed into a monster with no Jaw or a Sword for an arm. but a human. Problem is I want him to be menacing.

The backstory for the monster is this. He was a scientist who discovered a way to make Humans "perfect" meaning perfect DNA, Size, Strength. If anybody has played the RE series, basically he became a Wesker.

However the injection made him perfect, but destroyed his mind. now he's a wandering maniac that just wants to kill and kill.

So I'm up for concept ideas for the character. Should he have a weapon or use his fists. what about the hair? should it be longer and over his face or shaven or something else?

I'm not asking for somebody to build this at all, just interested in some idea's people might have. Thanks for anybody who read this giant wall of text
12-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions

Just make him... with good muscles, tall, wide. Deep voice. If he's clever, make him use a weapon (a hammer, a sword, whatever you want)

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Find
Bronzedragon316 Offline

Thumbs Up  RE: Creating a Monster...want opinions

Don't suppose you could take a quick look at the voice I already created? Now that I've decided to go with a more Human like monster I think the voice I made needs to be edited a bit more.
12-24-2012, 11:52 AM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

Oh here you go:

[Image: Idemconcept2.png]

Voice actor

Painful shadows

12-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Website Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Are those.. giant scissor hands?

[Image: signature-2.png]
12-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Find
Bronzedragon316 Offline

Heh, don't know if it was supposed to be a joke or not, but it DID give me some good ideas. Not the scissor hands, that would just be silly.
12-26-2012, 08:45 AM
Find
Acies Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 60

I'd say make him "ungroomed". Nails which are long and yellow. Hair all tangled up and some soot or residues of food on his face. Ragged clothes. Dirty skin. Wheezing breath. Crazy eyes. Hmm... this might be playing into the fact that I find hobos frightening under the correct circumstances :]

[Image: mZiYnxe.png]

12-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Find
kartanonperuna Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 44

(12-24-2012, 05:40 PM)Streetboat Wrote: Are those.. giant scissor hands?

Duh.

Voice actor

Painful shadows

12-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Website Find
kittyzilla90 Offline

Threads: 2

I would recommend finding a way to make him like, jittery. Do you know those guys from dead space who just vibrate a whole lot, and run really fast? The fast, jittery motion creeps people out.
12-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Find
blakeman909 Offline

Threads: 7

Make his true face hidden. Put a shade over his face so none of us know how he looks. Make him have huge muscles and large holes in his shirt. make him look business like with a white shirt and decent pants. Make him wielding a knife, a knife that looks bloody and make it look like a knife used in science for cutting open frogs and stuff Tongue. I think that will be creepy. Sounds like a good custom story idea I'm looking forward to playing it.
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2012, 10:28 PM by blakeman909.)
12-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Website Find