Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Have you guys ever took a trip down Memory Lane?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
7 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

So I took a trip down Memory Lane.
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23
So I took a trip down Memory Lane.

So today on December 26th,2012 at around 10:00 PM there was abit of a snowstorm outside, so I decided to put on an extra pair of pants and I went outside for some fresh air.

After my dad left for work I went for a walk, to my old school. Which I spent kindergarten, and grades one to five at. I walked around the school and to a playground not too far from the school. I kept saying to myself "I remember when that came to my school," and "I remember when I did a stupid thing here at this spot."

Back at that school I did do alot of silly and stupid things. It was the only school I ever got suspended from... TWICE! It was also abit of a grim time there, cause I used to be a bully victim for a long time. Even after grade five I graduated to another school which I took grades six to eight at, and I was still bullied for three more years straight. But thank god I'm in highschool now, and the bullying years are over.

While walking around the school I took some time to sit down in the snow as the snow storm kept blowing in and I thought to myself about the many things I did at this school, even though I was abit of a troublemaker at the time.

There I then said to myself that I did not regret anything I did there. Even the two times I was suspended and the many stupid, but sometimes funny things I did.

After walking back home and thinking about all the stuff I recapped. It almost made me cry inside to think of all those years go by. School is my life. How can I live without school? Even though school has its ups and downs, it kind of gets boring after a while of not being around a teacher, and student buddies.

So, that was my trip down Memory Lane. I bet some of you guys took a trip down your versions of Memory Lane. Post some here if you want! Ya know... just let it out.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
12-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: So I took a trip down Memory Lane.

I did something like this one time. a neighborhood about 5-10 min away from me was where I grew up for almost 6-7 years. I moved in when I was 6 and in that court (CUL-DE-SAC), I was nearly outside every to every other day. It really did make up a ton of my life and when I was able to drive, I took a quick drive around the elementary school I went to (this was after I graduated High School, so maybe a year ago), then into the court...

The court was so quiet, I only saw a bike on someone's yard (the twin house that I lived in had the bike out front. Woohoo! No one was outside, nothing. It was sad to see that only a few years ago, we'd have more than half the court out playing dodgeball. This included maybe 12 kids and equal adults... It was such a hoot. We'd have parties all the time (even though some druggies lived and took up space in our court. they mouthed off to us and my dad and a few others beat the shit out of them in our driveway... I unfortunately missed that. My dad is a big man not to be fucked with... He lived quite a tough life and drug dealers are probably just antelope in his tiger eyes... So yeah... It had its downs, but the pros of the childhood, taking a circle in that court, I nearly had my whole childhood flash around me. I wanted to stop and just sit in it, knock and hope old friends would come out. But of course not. One friend moved, then another, then us, then more left... Now it's dead back there. It sounds like a story book right now, but it really is how it sounds. I'm honestly getting a bit teary eyed thinking about it right now, and I'm only 18 (soon to be 19 in Feb :D). Mainly because I haven't had such great times since then. I guess it's a longing for those childhood shenanigans again.

What I would give to spend just a DAY playing dodgeball with everyone again. Now excuse me as I go blow my nose (being dead serious right now)

DAMMIT MACGYVER, made me shed manly tears.

EDIT: I'm alright now :3
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 07:05 AM by Statyk.)
12-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Well, I'm spending most of the Holidays with my brother since my mother was busy making my father's preparations and couldn't join. Over the past several months I have sensed some distance between him and I -- this holiday brought change to that, however, and it's helped me remember what it was like when we were little, especially close; perhaps unusually and accustomed to sharing, meaning I very much enjoyed the nostalgia.
Sitting here, typing, I'm enjoying the lunch he prepared; Mmmmmmm, nachos.

Now if only he enjoyed horror as fervently as I. . .
(This post was last modified: 12-27-2012, 06:55 PM by failedALIAS.)
12-27-2012, 06:55 PM
Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

I was reviewing first year calculus last night and I immediately received a flood of memories from last year, like all the events that I went to, the music that I liked, the games I played.

Spoiler below!
Yeah, math gives me nostalgia.

[Image: p229xcq]
12-27-2012, 09:46 PM
Find