Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing lantern to flashlight
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
Changing lantern to flashlight

I wanna know it there's any way to change the lantern to a flashlight without having to do a full conversion. I think that a little change like this one isn't sufficient to make a full conversion. Another thing: it's possible to change the protagonist sex ( like in justine ) without making a full conversion?

(This post was last modified: 12-29-2012, 04:19 AM by str4wberrypanic.)
12-29-2012, 04:16 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Changing lantern to flashlight

you can make an object set to Object::Grab in the model editor, position it's grab offset and rotation, but to have a lantern changed to keybinds and without having to drop it before grabbing something, then you need to make a full conversion. A lantern has scripts and coded functions (like filling oil), and ultimately keeps the arm available, as well as using F to light and extinguish it. Other than having a set lantern with animations and a visible arm, you can make a "makeshift" replaceable lantern. You'll just have to code scripts that drain your inventory oil while holding it, or other functions. It's messier than a full conversion change, but doable.

Again, not exactly possible without intense scripting. I can't imagine using scripts to HIDE/MUTE the male voices, but with constant timers in your .hps, you can check for things like player height and sanity in specific areas and call sounds of a female voice in their spot... But again, I can't think of a way to hide a default male voice, say, when jumping. I GUESS doable, but MUCH harder to do than the makeshift lantern, if not impossible (otherwise you're going to hear two voices of opposite sex at once)..

For performance, cleanliness, and easier use, I suggest if you're going to do these things, just go for a full conversion. You'd save yourself a lot of head ache and the outcome will come out a bit more professional. But if you're up for the challenge, go for it.
12-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Find
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24

(12-29-2012, 08:12 AM)Statyk Wrote: you can make an object set to Object::Grab in the model editor, position it's grab offset and rotation, but to have a lantern changed to keybinds and without having to drop it before grabbing something, then you need to make a full conversion. A lantern has scripts and coded functions (like filling oil), and ultimately keeps the arm available, as well as using F to light and extinguish it. Other than having a set lantern with animations and a visible arm, you can make a "makeshift" replaceable lantern. You'll just have to code scripts that drain your inventory oil while holding it, or other functions. It's messier than a full conversion change, but doable.

Again, not exactly possible without intense scripting. I can't imagine using scripts to HIDE/MUTE the male voices, but with constant timers in your .hps, you can check for things like player height and sanity in specific areas and call sounds of a female voice in their spot... But again, I can't think of a way to hide a default male voice, say, when jumping. I GUESS doable, but MUCH harder to do than the makeshift lantern, if not impossible (otherwise you're going to hear two voices of opposite sex at once)..

For performance, cleanliness, and easier use, I suggest if you're going to do these things, just go for a full conversion. You'd save yourself a lot of head ache and the outcome will come out a bit more professional. But if you're up for the challenge, go for it.
I really don't wanna make a full conversion but it looks like i have no choice, it will be much easier. I keep thinking why there's no female protagonists in Amnesia mods. D:
But anyway, thank for your help, Statyk.

12-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Justine was Female Protagonist! D:
And I had a little girl play in my Oh Silent Night CS! D:

lol, no problemo, any other questions, just drop em here.
12-29-2012, 08:45 AM
Find