Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HPL Level Editor's Sound doesn't work?
Meh Media Offline

Threads: 1
Brick  HPL Level Editor's Sound doesn't work?

Greetings all!

I have run in to a bug. It seems that HPL Level Editor sound files wont work. At all.

I have so far tried to use stock sounds from Amnesia: TDD, placed them in the map, and they look like they work, but they dont. I also notice the sound file location goes blank after placed in the map. Very odd...

I am using Ubuntu 12.10 32 bit. The game installation is also on the Steam Linux Beta.

Any help would be much obliged, and please, feel free to ask questions about my system setup or what I have installed if you need any more information.

Thank you! Smile
01-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Find
TheGreatCthulhu Offline

Threads: 10
RE: HPL Level Editor's Sound doesn't work?

Hi. This thread should go to the Development Support section - one of the mods are probably going to move it. You should post there for help on development issues.

Other people have reported similar problems, but I'm not sure what is causing it. There's a workaround - open the level file in a plain text editor and edit the xml tags manually - it works, but it's rather inconvenient. Some people might have figured it out, though, so I'll refer you to another thread, as an answer might pop up:

Level Editor Help Level editor won't set a sound entity to a sound element
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Find
Meh Media Offline

Threads: 1

(01-29-2013, 10:28 PM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: Hi. This thread should go to the Development Support section - one of the mods are probably going to move it. You should post there for help on development issues.

Other people have reported similar problems, but I'm not sure what is causing it. There's a workaround - open the level file in a plain text editor and edit the xml tags manually - it works, but it's rather inconvenient. Some people might have figured it out, though, so I'll refer you to another thread, as an answer might pop up:

Level Editor Help Level editor won't set a sound entity to a sound element

Alright, thank you!
01-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

Everybody that has ran into this problem was using linux, as I see. I think there's a problem with that one.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
01-30-2013, 09:26 AM
Find