Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Winter in Moomin valley
darkadders Offline

Threads: 1
Winter in Moomin valley

[Image: Moominpapa_room_zps6859c02f.png]

Paintover artwork by Traggey

Winter in Moomin valley.

Finally decided to scramble a thread for this together. Announcing one of my first ideas, and soon-to-be-completed Full Conversion Amnesia mod.

Story: (In a nutshell. (I bid those of you who haven't heard of the TV series good luck in finding the nostalgic value and sheer terror that will lie within the core of this project))

Moomin awakes in the midst of winter; He does not know how, nor why this has happened to him, but what he is certain of is the fact that once out of hibernation, one cannot return. Confused and slightly worried, he attempts to awake his parents, but fails, and continues downstairs to exit outdoors. Opening the main door, he finds nothing but a barren landscape of frost and snow. Half the house is snowed in, and with little reason to remain at his home, he begins his journey.

Possible questions:

Progress: 75%.

I hate progress percentages.. I lack HPL on this computer, so I haven't crafted the outside terrain levels yet, but the models for the terrain are finished, though; only a matter of porting them into the game. The custom mobs are nearly complete, too.

But why? why make this?

This TV series had an impact on many of us as children (Mainly Scandinavians), and one of the most significant creatures in this series, which made it scarringly memorable, was The Groke. I came across this idea about a year and a half ago when I was first introduced to Amnesia, and saw it as an incredible opportunity to utilize this story to a certain horror potential. I've been working slowly on it for this past year, and the creation of this thread marks the soon-to-be release of the project. You might go as far as considering this as a tribute to the horrors this series has provided us with, and the nostalgic values it provides to this day.

What can i expect from this project?

Everything that I can possibly do to make the experience as nostalgic as possible.

This isn't the most filled thread at the moment, but for the sake of those of you who haven't seen this series (I cannot promise a very horrifying experience if you haven't), I tried getting my point across without making it as insightful and spoiler-some

I hope you stay tuned! ^^

I also would appreciate any form of feedback you all may provide, to help me make this as nostalgic and fulfilling to the player as possible!

*insert creative signature here*
01-31-2013, 10:35 PM
Find
Crafted Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Winter in Moomin valley

(01-31-2013, 10:35 PM)darkadders Wrote: I hope you stay tuned! ^^
I am staying tune, I like the light coming in from the window! <3 Big Grin

02-01-2013, 10:03 PM
Website Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

The screenshot looks great!
Can't wait to play it.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-03-2013, 11:33 AM
Find
Woona Offline

Threads: 0

do you still working on this? if you still do i cant wait for playing this mod by meeting the horror of creepynes Hufsa!! on English name: Groke Big Grin
04-22-2016, 10:11 PM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63

Considering the thread is 3 years old and Darkadders hasn't been here in 3 years, unlikely.

Please don't bump old threads.

Locking.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
04-23-2016, 01:33 AM
Find