Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Question Regarding Letters with an Accent
AGP Offline

Threads: 45
Simple Question Regarding Letters with an Accent

There's a word in one of my notes (Écuyer). The É and the c are not showing up in the note so all you get is uyer.

Obviously the issue is that it's not picking up on the accent, so is there a way to allow for the file to read the letter as part of the word?

02-04-2013, 05:14 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72
RE: Simple Question Regarding Letters with an Accent

If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has to be encoded in UTF-8. All the original .lang files are encoded that way, and checking some custom story lang files, they are not. If using Notepad++, you can see if it's encoded by looking in the bottom-right of the Notepad++ window. It should say "ANSI as UTF-8", NOT "ANSI".

in the top of the window, you will see "Encoding > Convert to UTF-8 without BOM". Save again and try it.
02-04-2013, 05:42 AM
Find
AGP Offline

Threads: 45

(02-04-2013, 05:42 AM)Statyk Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, I believe it has to be encoded in UTF-8. All the original .lang files are encoded that way, and checking some custom story lang files, they are not. If using Notepad++, you can see if it's encoded by looking in the bottom-right of the Notepad++ window. It should say "ANSI as UTF-8", NOT "ANSI".

in the top of the window, you will see "Encoding > Convert to UTF-8 without BOM". Save again and try it.

Converted the file, and it changed Écuyer to xC9cuyer.

Saved it and reloaded the game, but it's still uyer.

EDIT:
Nevermind. I just typed the word over again and it turned up. Silly me! Thank you for your help, Statyk!

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 05:49 AM by AGP.)
02-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

Woo! I remembered that one! Big Grin
02-04-2013, 05:49 AM
Find