Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible SCP custom story applications
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Possible SCP custom story applications

Now that the Great Work is pretty much over and done with I'm thinking of toying around with some minor custom stories based on SCP entries. Both as a sort of fun project and ways to test my ability to script and create a scary atmosphere. The problem being, there are about a million of them.

If you know of any SCP entries that could be made into a custom story, and is possible to do with the HPL2 engine, please let me know! (I'm not going to make any that have already been made into a game, like 087)

SCP-860 might be worth a try for a first one. It's definitely doable with the engine and a minor use of custom assets. The bulk of it would be audio work, and I may put a lot of effort into randomizing playthroughs.

(This post was last modified: 02-04-2013, 08:21 AM by Damascus.)
02-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76
RE: Possible SCP custom story applications

I actually had a really similar idea. Sending P.M.

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
02-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Find
Streetboat Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

SCP-860 would be fantastic to see.

I think it would have much more punch to the strangeness of the story if there were attention paid to the random and obscure factor of the key. It could follow a man going through his daily routine for maybe two days (obviously without huge tedious stretches of time taking place, it would fade away between locations) so the player gets used to the same-ness of every door leading to its appropriate location, then suddenly the blue key leads to SCP-860-1 and crazy shit happens.

The whole SCP-860 thing is similar to a Stephen King story, really. I love it.

[Image: signature-2.png]
02-04-2013, 11:08 PM
Find
Adrianis Offline

Threads: 6

Only just found these things from your post, Damascus, read quite a few of them now Smile

860 is definitely the most interesting of those I've seen so far, would love to see CS of it. You could do great things with the different iterations of the experiences of people that go in, particularly something similar to the 'Exploration IV' entry

02-04-2013, 11:58 PM
Find
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118

The Red Pool seems interesting, though I'm definitely going to avoid anything that requires custom enemies.

02-05-2013, 02:45 AM
Find