Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia: The Dark Descent - The Novel
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176
RE: Amnesia: The Dark Descent - The Novel

I personally dislike people who post novels chapter by chapter. It's a sign of immaturity, IMO, for a couple of reasons. First of all, successful authors never write for other people. Creative writing is to indulge into art for the sake of art. The craft is stained if one subjects art to the whims of others. That's not to say you shouldn't listen to the opinions of others, because they can be very helpful, but if you actually need external encouragement and reviews to begin writing a novel, you're clearly not motivated or experienced enough to commence the task.

Secondly, lots of kids and young teenagers release novels chapter by chapter. They can't write a full novel and release it at once because they don't have the patience to do so and always want people to keep acknowledging them. This is an observation that I've made which appears to be consistent from forum to forum on the Internet. I have never met a single person who releases novels chapter by chapter that came up with a decent and holistic story in the end.

I'm not saying that every novel has to be good enough to get published, but if you honestly have the motivation and creativity to write a full novel (even if it's a piece of fanfiction), you better make it impressive enough to read as if it's a piece of literature. Amnesia: The Dark Descent has an utterly astounding storyline and I probably won't read if I'm not impressed at first sight. Now this is just my personal and biased opinion, because for the novels that I've written, I usually tank out 50000 words at once (in book form that's about 200+ pages), and if people dislike it, sucks for me, time to start over. In doing this I've gained an enormous amount of experience on just how much motivation and creativity is sufficient to begin writing another novel, and I gauge myself frequently with this knowledge.

[Image: p229xcq]
02-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

Got a piece of story when
Spoiler below!
Daniel is coming out of Brennenburg, after the Revenge Ending.
"And then Daniel roams the Entrance Hall, leaving the forsaken place. He now have guilt-free conscience. Then he wondered about the innocent people he had torture."

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
02-08-2013, 05:46 AM
Find
Tetrafish Offline

Threads: 3

Maybe you know, but if you don't -- you could use some of material from 'Remember' that's on the screen before you launch the game. It opens a PDF to some of the back-story of Amnesia. Blush
02-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Find