Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphics Bug - Door Stuck
bluel0bster Offline

Threads: 11
Graphics Bug - Door Stuck

Yes, I have read the troubleshooting guides, but unfortunately neither they nor any other thread I could find have anything to do with my problem.

I have a door whose latch is stuck inside a wall such that I can't open the door. I've tried everything in game from pushing/pulling the latch, throwing objects at the latch, restarting the game, and even attempting to kill myself to see if that would reload the level (unfortunately all the mobs had despawned).

This bug occurred at the very end of the prison section, where you use the acid on the door's padlock, which leads to the cistern. Having used the acid on the padlock, the door became unable to be opened. I'm afraid this may prevent me from continuing this particular playthrough and force me to restart altogether.

A couple pictures to visualize what I'm referring to:
[Image: 2013-02-13_00001_zps97011cc0.jpg]
[Image: 2013-02-13_00002_zps54f3465e.jpg]

You can see on the right hand side how the latch is stuck inside the wall. Any help would be greatly appreciate, as I would really like to not start over all the way at the beginning of the game.

I'm not sure how it'll help, but as per the sticky request:

My rig is a Windows 7 64-bit, Lenovo laptop.

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 8.51 KB / Downloads: 107)
(This post was last modified: 02-14-2013, 05:17 AM by bluel0bster.)
02-14-2013, 05:15 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
RE: Graphics Bug - Door Stuck

replay from an earlier save using the main menu.
02-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Website Find
lawerancerivera Offline

Threads: 1

I have a couple suggestions that could prevent you from having to start all the way over. Maybe you could try building a different door frame around your door that is big enough to fit the whole door?? Either that or maybe you could have the acid melt the whole door down all together that way you don't have to worry about opening it afterwards? And lastly try hitting the magnet button in the bottom left of the level editor and moving your door a little to the left of the door frame. The magnet button enables you to move entities just a hair instead of whatever you have your grid set to. Hope this helps! Big Grin
03-07-2013, 02:45 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(03-07-2013, 02:45 PM)lawerancerivera Wrote: I have a couple suggestions that could prevent you from having to start all the way over. Maybe you could try building a different door frame around your door that is big enough to fit the whole door?? Either that or maybe you could have the acid melt the whole door down all together that way you don't have to worry about opening it afterwards? And lastly try hitting the magnet button in the bottom left of the level editor and moving your door a little to the left of the door frame. The magnet button enables you to move entities just a hair instead of whatever you have your grid set to. Hope this helps! Big Grin

This is the technical support, not custom story development support.

On-Topic: Like Jens said, just load an old save.
Or you could go into the map with the level editor and remove the door(You might want to create a backup so if you ever replay the story you can play it normally)
(This post was last modified: 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM by Tiger.)
03-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Find
Tommyboypsp Offline

Threads: 10

Objects in the game are really strong when you hold them. By this I mean you can pick up a screwdriver, hold it underneath a bed, move your cursor upwards and you'll be lifting a bed with a screwdriver. You might be able to use this trick, otherwise you could do what the people above me have said.

Funderbunk Wrote:Playing Amnesia through to the end has increased the size of my genitalia exponentially and made me into a real man.
03-09-2013, 05:04 PM
Find