Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Bad Company takes over Medal of honours spot?
wolfmaster1231 Offline

Threads: 43
Question  Bad Company takes over Medal of honours spot?

I heard a rummor that Bad Company will take the place of medal of honour and that it will be a stand alone series. I dont know if this is true but if it is what do you think about it? I dont think that medal of honour will want to come back after the little insident thete had. I think that they only got buyers because of the bf4 beta.

02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16
RE: Bad Company takes over Medal of honours spot?

Why does everybody have the avatar that DogFood had before? First DogFood, then JustAnotherPlayer and now you. It's confusing me.

On-Topic: Meh, it'll still probably be medal of honour. I feel like MoH is a little bit like Dice's take on Call of Duty. Battlefield is better.

EDIT: Actually, Dice's best game is probably Mirror's edge, but whatever.
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM by Tiger.)
02-15-2013, 08:06 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

Sorry to be a Douchebag but, Who cares?

Bad Company 3 is going to go the exact way as Nu-Moh. It will flop, and for the same reason Nu-Moh flopped, it’s from EA, so it will SUCK.

Nu-Moh Flopped because it was Buggy, Broken, Rushed out, Boring, Unplayable, and was nothing more than a Sub-Par Clone of Call of Duty and Battlefield.

The Old MOH fans didn’t want to play it because they mostly hate Modern Military Shooters, and wanted something more in the vein of Frontline or Allied Assault, albeit set in 2002 Afghanistan rather than 1940s Europe, and they didn’t get that, they just got a rushed out Battlefeild/COD clone.

And the new casual gamers didn’t want to play it because its box didn’t read “Call of Duty”, “Battlefield” or “Halo”.

Lets face it, if I WANTED (and I don’t) to play COD or Battlefield, I would Play Call of Duty 1 or Battlefield 1943. I think most of the casual gamers that have ruined gaming again, think the same, if they want to play COD or Battlefield, they will play Black ops II or the latest Overpriced rip off Battlefield 3 map-pack DLC.

Bad Company 3 will flop, as its From EA. That means it will be rushed out, it will be full of bugs that can only be fixed by one thousand patches, which you’ll have to pay for from march onwards with "origin micro transactions", it will force you to install spyware (origin) on your computer, it will be broken, unplayable, the multiplayer won’t work and the Single Player, if they even bother to make one, will be two and a Half Hours long, Tops. It will be just another rushed out clone of Call of Duty, like Bad Company 2 actually.

Now, if you look at the Bad Company 2 pages, fans HATED it, it’s got nothing but complaints, and I can see why, it sucked! It was just a rushed out Call Of Duty clone, what sold Bad Company 2 were the fact, one, it had "BATTLEFEILD" on its box.

And 2. Bad Company 1 was…. A Damn…good…game. so People Bought Bad Comapany 2 Expecting more of the same..

(quick darkside review if Bad Company 1) Ok so, yes, Bad Company 1 was a little short, had a 2 gun limit, and was squad based… but… it made up for that by being pretty challenging, having fixed crosshairs and medikit health, superb single player map design, and it was HILARIOUSLY funny! There wasn’t a moment in the game were Haggard “nice shotgun, m870…reminds me of my first shotgun, I was the happiest 3 year old in the county!” or Presidente Serdar . “4 puny capitalist piggies…is no inwasion, IS TRESPASSING!” , didn’t have me weeping in laughter. i got a kick out of it, and thats rare these days. 7/10.

Bad Company 2 was just a gritty “angry marines” Call Of Duty clone, and didn’t make me laugh once. People will remember how bad Bad Company 2 was (trust me, its forums were full of angry complaints), and will stay away, as 3 will be more of the same because we all know that today’s moronic games industry thinks “FPS=COD”, and it wont have the Battlefield name to fall back on.

Face it, what would you rather spend 90 bucks on in summer? A severely sub par, rushed out, broken clone of Call Of Duty? Or one of the 3 Genuine Call Of Duty games that will be out this year, or Battlefeild 4? If I was into that kind of game (and i am not) let me tell you, I’d go for the real deal, i would go for Call Of Duty, not a rushed out clone.

Bad Company 3;s Fate is sealed simply by being from EA, It will flop, EA will axe the franchise, and probably sack the developers. All they have keeping them going these days is the current form of its racing franchise (I refuse to use its title, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit 2 was the last one deserving of it, and even that wasn’t a patch on the Original 5 titles of the 90's) and Battlefield, and with more and more people boycotting EA over there overpricing, Shoddy production quality, and spyware scandals, I can’t see those franchises being around in 2014 either.

Bad Company 3, and most likely, EA itself, will fail to sell, and will go bankrupt. And good riddance if you ask me. EA holds nothing for me, if I want an Arcady racer; I go to Codemasters, Dirt, Grid, F1. , if I want an action game, I go to Rockstar. EA don’t get a look in, because there games are not even “valid” as games in my book because of there “casual” gameplay and Abominably poor production quality. .

So, sure, let them replace Nu-MOh with Bad Company, it doesn’t matter, the result will be the same anyway, a total bomb and franchise death, so, basically who cares? i don't, and neither should anyone else, as EA, just aint worth the bandwidth!
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM by the dark side.)
02-15-2013, 08:38 PM
Find
Ghieri Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 8

Quote: <wall of text>
Paragraphs, man... Paragraphs.

[Image: tumblr_n6m5lsQThQ1qc99nxo1_250.gif]
02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
Find
Tiger Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

(02-15-2013, 08:38 PM)the dark side Wrote: *rant*(?)

That is highly unreadable. I managed to read the first couple of sentences and what I mean when I say Medal of honour is like Dice's take on Call of Duty I mean the new Medal of honour games (Tier 1 and Warfighter).
02-15-2013, 08:48 PM
Find
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9

just inserted them aldigheri

for some reason, when i copy and paste from word into here... it looses the paragraphing, any way to fix that?

anyway, on topic. why is MMS being discussed in this Forum, Again? were supposed to be PC gamers here, and PC gamers, according to Arstechnica at least, are supposed to spit on consoley MMS games... its dissapointing to see them being discussed.

also, at tigerwaw, sorry, i thaught you were talking about the whole franchise, you were not very clear on what games you were talking about, i thaught you had come aboard with the MMS titles, and didnt know of the existance of the "valid" MOH games. sorry. please make that more clear next time.

man, i really need to start a "angry hardcore fps gamer" blog... dont i?
(This post was last modified: 02-15-2013, 08:59 PM by the dark side.)
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

"man, i really need to start a "angry hardcore fps gamer" blog... dont i?"

yes

please do exactly this

please

Posting Freak
02-16-2013, 01:18 AM
Website Find
No Author Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 10

I doubt at Bad Company 3.

[Image: the-cabin-in-the-woods-masked-people.jpg]
02-16-2013, 06:32 AM
Find
Statyk Offline
Schrödinger's Mod

Threads: 72

(02-15-2013, 08:49 PM)the dark side Wrote: were supposed to be PC gamers here, and PC gamers, according to Arstechnica at least, are supposed to spit on consoley MMS games... its dissapointing to see them being discussed.

No offense dark side, but I don't think anyone here holds the same level of "elitism" as you do. Me personally, if people want to play what they want and be entertained, that's a game for crying out loud. That's what games are for and as long as that's the end result for SOMEONE, then I respect it as a game.

I may be a PC gamer and sarcastically scoff at consoles, but consoles have exclusives that PC does not. (Man what I would give to have a PC version of Halo: Reach... *sigh*) There are runts in the family of the game industry, but in the end, a gamer is a gamer. Let people play what they want if they enjoy it. Don't make PC gamers look bad =P
02-16-2013, 07:59 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

IE learn what "subjectivity" means before ever posting anywhere ever again ever

Posting Freak
02-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Website Find