Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.Lang File Help Cant find .lang file mistake
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54
Cant find .lang file mistake

im deleting some categories (to find the one with the mistake in it), inspecting it for hours, checked the .hps... nothing helped.... where is my mistake? Sad

<LANGUAGE>

</RESOURCES>

<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
    <Entry Name="LevelDoorMap2">This Door leads to the basement where storage and cellar are located.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
    <Entry Name="Description">For the best experience enjoy this customstory with Headphones in a dark room.[br][br]Don´t complain when you can see anything. This custom story is made for dark rooms.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
    <Entry Name="ItemDesc_keybed">The key for the room I sleep in.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="ItemName_keybed">Bedroom Key</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
    <Entry Name="Note_note4_Text">It was banging against the door for hours. For days.[br][br]We shut the door and barricated it with the boxes we had here.[br]It never stopped banging. It kept banging in our heads.[br]We stayed here for months. Scared from the unknown. Scared from the sounds.[br]We ate everything in the storage. It was all away.[br]It was not me! It was him! I were out of control![br]Since everybody is away, im hungry again.[br]Where is it? I cant find it! It´s STOLEN![br]Where is it?!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note4_Name">Letter from a man in the storage.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note3_Text">28.6.1978[br][br][br]These sounds got more and more intense. They make the floor shake and i can´t sleep anymore. I will leave this house and sell it to some stupid folk.[br]Tomorrow i´ll grab my stuff, and leave forever.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note3_Name">Diary 3: This Place freaks me out!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note2_Text">24.6.1978[br][br][br]I am here for 3 days now and except of the cold and the weird sounds everything is fine. But I think a renovation is absolutely necessary.[br]The only thing im a bit worried about, are the noises. Sometimes its just the usual creaking and cracking. But sometimes it sounds like a wolf or something like that.[br][br][br]Definitely the wind.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note2_Name">Diary 2: Some weird Sounds</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note1_Text">21.6.1978[br][br][br]Today, I arrived at the house i inherited from some relative i dont even know.[br]When i first heard about that, i just wanted to sell it. But since i arrived here, its actually very nice and cozy. The house is old and rotten, but it is big and all the furniture is still there.[br]I think i will stay here for some weeks.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Note_note1_Name">Diary 1: Arrival</Entry>
    <Entry Name="Quest_OilQuest_Text">To get some oil, i would have to go to the storage. It is located in the basement. I hope i won´t need too much oil to get there.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="map1_messages">
    <Entry Name="DoorUnlock">The door unlocks just as usual. The lock does not sound very old though.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DoorLockedHaveKey">The door is still closed you dumbass. Did you think the Key will just fly into the lock? Now fucking use it!</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DoorLocked">The door won´t open. Ah man, i hate looking for lost keys... Who doesn´t?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="LookAtDeath">Oh my God! What happend here? What is this? Who did this?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="KeyHere">Oh, i found my key in the right pocket of my shirt.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="scared_reaction">What is that!? Is that a person?</Entry>
    <Entry Name="NoKeyHere">There is nothing in any of the pockets.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="AuthorName">by tonitoni1998</Entry>
    <Entry Name="WakeUp1">What was that? This was even louder than ever before.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="DiaryInfo">The first Pages of my diary that i´ve been writing on since i arrived here.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="LanternPickup1">Oh damn, the lantern is nearly out of oil and there is nothing here left. I think i have some more oil in the storage downstairs. I hope...</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

<CATEGORY Name="map2_messages">
    <Entry Name="door_monster_1">The door is locked with an old lock.[br]But not with those old-weak ones, but with these old-massive ones.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone1">PHEW Finally! There is some oil. I wasted it all... man im a coward...</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone2">Oh man there is the frickin´ oil. I nearly wasted everything... Im not very brave...</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone3">Ah there is some oil. Nah i needed less oil than expected. The darkness is easy-going for me.</Entry>
    <Entry Name="OilQuestDone4">Alright so there is the oil. I didn´t need any oil whatsoever. Im a fucking braveheart.</Entry>
  </CATEGORY>

</LANGUAGE>

and by the way, when you find grammatical mistakes, feel free to mention it Smile

When you are looking for someone, to do the scripting for your Custom Story, ask me!
(This post was last modified: 02-22-2013, 04:10 PM by tonitoni1998.)
02-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Find
NaxEla Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Cant find .lang file mistake

Try putting <RESOURCES> above </RESOURCES>

In Ruins [WIP]
02-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Find
OriginalUsername Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

You should also check if EVERYTHING is right. If 1 tiny thing is wrong/misspelled, the whole .lang file crashes.
02-22-2013, 04:22 PM
Find
tonitoni1998 Offline

Threads: 54

(02-22-2013, 04:16 PM)NaxEla Wrote: Try putting <RESOURCES> above </RESOURCES>

i already had that and i just deleted it because i hoped that was the issue... now it works ._. mystery.... thanks Big GrinD i feel a bit stupid right now Big Grin

When you are looking for someone, to do the scripting for your Custom Story, ask me!
02-22-2013, 04:29 PM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

Should be just <RESOURCES/>

[Image: 16455.png]
02-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Find