Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Work in progress "Sorrows" work in progress, just want some quick feedback. Big outdoor town.
Rusty Offline

Threads: 1
"Sorrows" work in progress, just want some quick feedback. Big outdoor town.

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've even touched Amnesia or this map. Took about 3 months of work off and on, with quite a few bugs and not a lot of details. I'd just like to know if I should continue working on it or not. I kind of stopped working on it a long time ago, and thought I should show it to you guys and see what the community thinks.

For a bit of info, it's a decent size outdoor map with lots of unique houses, atmosphere and all that jazz. It's rainy, dark and cold. You wake up in the middle of the road (note that the wake up sequence is buggy, have a few kinks I gotta even out) and just kinda wander around.

There's a readme in the .rar, you should probably read it.

Oh, and a bit of warning: If you have a lower end computer I don't recommend running this. It's very choppy, even on my computer, because of the hundreds of objects.

Thanks, Rusty.

Attached Files
.rar   Sorrows.rar (Size: 128.15 KB / Downloads: 117)
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2013, 07:30 PM by Rusty.)
03-12-2013, 08:36 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: "Sorrows" work in progress, just want some quick feedback

Pretest Comment.

Looks Promising, but lemme test it Smile

Looks really cool, nice atmosphere, tops of the building's looked... I don't know a little repetitive..

Either way seemed pretty good.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM by 7heDubz.)
03-12-2013, 08:52 PM
Find
Rusty Offline

Threads: 1

(03-12-2013, 08:52 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Pretest Comment.

Looks really cool, nice atmosphere, tops of the building's looked... I don't know a little repetitive..

Thanks for the feedback. I know the tops of the buildings are pretty strange and kinda repetitive, but I was sort of going for a certain style for each of the buildings to have. I was pretty limited in terms of objects to use that fit with the theme too. Again, thanks for taking the time to do this.
03-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Find
7heDubz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

(03-12-2013, 09:24 PM)Rusty Wrote:
(03-12-2013, 08:52 PM)WIWWM Wrote: Pretest Comment.

Thanks for the feedback. I know the tops of the buildings are pretty strange and kinda repetitive, but I was sort of going for a certain style for each of the buildings to have. I was pretty limited in terms of objects to use that fit with the theme too. Again, thanks for taking the time to do this.

Anything to help!

03-12-2013, 09:59 PM
Find