Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Your thoughts about The Knife of Dunwall?
str4wberrypanic Offline

Threads: 24
Your thoughts about The Knife of Dunwall?

So i finished it today, and i have to say... i'm really disappointed. And it's not even about the lenght of the game, it's about the lack of storyline exploration. The entire dlc is about you searching a fucking woman and when you finally find her, there's no answers after all, just a really unexpected betrayal (i've played it in high chaos). And the worse part is that i was expecting to see Corvo, like... seeing the game by another perspective, and maybe fight with him (this would be epic). This DLC was so bad made they didn't even worried about changing the protagonist voice. It's just Corvo with some Daud's dialogues, but if you die, you're able to hear Corvo's voice. But that ending... i was like " Is that it?, really? It's over? "
Anyway, it was horrible. I will play it again just to see some events i left behing. And what do you guys think about it?

(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 01:42 AM by str4wberrypanic.)
04-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Find
Tomato Cat Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Your thoughts about The Knife of Dunwall?

I was looking into it, but after seeing some reviews I've decided against it.

RAISE YOUR DONGERS ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
04-20-2013, 02:09 AM
Find
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
RE: Your thoughts about The Knife of Dunwall?

From a gameplay perspective I have to say it was really well done. Currently on my second run I can tell you that the "open choice-ness" of the player has not really been hurt at all, and that there is still a wad ton of ways you can approach the level at hand. Even though I'm only halfway through on my second run, many aspects of my play have already been drastically different from the first.

The plot of the game is also definitely weaker though, but I can excuse it "a bit" because it's meant to be a two parter, and this is only the first part of the story, and the second is likely going to wrap it up on a more satisfactory note. Of its own accord though, almost the entirety of Knife of Dunwall is build-up. Build-up is fine, but you'll feel empty if all that build-up leads up to nothing. So if I had to judge the story on its own, I'd say it falls short even though I expect it to be well resolved in the second part.

As for not seeing Corvo, I didn't have a problem with that at all. In fact I was expecting/hoping not to see him? Why? The entire standing of Corvo's character, and what he does is entirely depended on the player. Seeing act as an NPC would break some of that feel for me personally. Also as a side note it wouldn't really make much sense to see Corvo plot-wise, because I'm guessing that the DLC take place alongside Corvo's own journey (Before he was shipped off to the flooded district), or a bit before.

So, in case I'm not entirely clear on my thoughts on the DLC...I liked it.

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2013, 04:28 AM by Kreekakon.)
04-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Find